The "Mandela Effect"- Has my Bible changed? Or do I just have a bad memory like most people?

I was hoping that at least a few people would consider his story and the topic worth talking about. Maybe if I expand on the concept it might generate some more interest.

When people 'remember' the information is not resident in their brain. The brain works more like a radio receiver and the information is contained in the metaphysical 'field'. The information of remembering is not resident in the 3D physical reality.

This is logical as when a unit of consciousness moves on to 5D and does a life assessment they have access to their memories. If the memories died with their 3D bodies, there could be no assessment.

Since the information relevant to remembering is not a part of 3D reality, then whether the person 'dies' or there is a change in 3D reality that is inconsistent with the information - the information still exists in the field.

It appears that there may be people that can still remember experiences (by accessing the field) of a 3D reality that no longer exists. If that is so, then why is the 3D reality being changed? Is it a 'multiple time-line' existence? Is it the system giving clues about the illusion of this holographic virtual reality? Is it other 4D forces that are modifying the 'group consciousness/consensus reality'?

I don't know the answers, but in this time of shifting consciousness it seems like a good topic to discuss.

Are there any other people on the forum that have had similar experiences of a shifting reality?

I've had many. It all started about 3 and a half years ago when I was reading an article that mentioned that Billy Graham was still alive. I just couldn't get my head around that because I had very vivid memories of seeing his funeral on television news, probably about 10 years ago. Years ago, when I was in my early 20's, I watched and listened to many of his televised sermons and held him in high regard, as a "man of god"... I was very religious in those days. So, when I saw his funeral on the news, and even though I was no longer religious, I still made a mental note of it because I knew who Billy Graham was.

It was the summer of 2015 when I learned that he was still alive, (I know he died [again?] about a year ago), and since then, I've experienced many more of these so called "Mandela effects", having memories of things that seem to be different today, different than how I remember them. And they're only things that I used to know a lot about, or at least I thought I did. Things like the bible; I have a bible that I bought 35 years ago and I used to read it a lot, everyday for years, both the "old testament" as well as the "new testament". But now, when I try to read it, I see so many things that are "different", that I don't remember those things ever being written in my 35 year old bible, that it just boggles my mind.

Then there's Australia. Australia is a big one for me. Since I was a kid, I always had a fascination with maps, atlases, and globes of the world. I could spend hours looking at all the different countries in the world and their relation to where I lived at the time... in Manitoba, Canada. I hated where I lived. I hated the cold. I dreamed of living in places where it was "summer" all year long. Like Florida, or southern California, or my favorite, Australia. In my early twenties, I wanted to move to Australia. I researched what I would need to do to move there, how much money I would need and so forth. And I looked at Australia on maps and atlases many many times. I knew what Australia looked like, where it was situated in the Pacific, isolated and many miles away from any other country (except for New Zealand and Tasmania), and certainly not a just few miles from Papua New Guinea, (at least in my mind). There are many other things that I remember being different concerning geography, but Australia takes the cake for me.

At 10 years old, I used to impress my friends with my knowledge of cars. We would be walking somewhere and I would point to a car that was parked a block away. All you could make out were either the tail lights or the headlights of the car from that distance, and yet I could tell my friends what make the car was, what model it was, what year it was, and even what motor it probably had. In my late teens and early twenties, I was into the whole "muscle car" thing. I knew cars. Yet now, when I look at google images of vintage cars, cars from the 50's, 60's, and 70's, cars that I knew so well, there are several that I've never seen or heard about, and some that I remember looking quite different. I cannot understand how I could not have known about these certain cars, surely there would have been many of them on the road at the time, and I would have known about them.

And then there's drums. I've been playing drums, on and off, since I was 15. I've built my own drum kits, modified drums to try and make them sound better, experimented with drums in all sorts of ways, including acoustic and electronic drums. I know drums. I won't go into any details but let's just say that it's very similar to my experiences with the bible, geography, and cars. I have memories of theses things that I thought I knew so well, that are different today.

I am weak willed. I've "struggled" with alcoholism since my teens. I also started smoking pot, on and off, several years ago. (I've recently quit both, with great resolve to not ever go back to that again). I was never a "drunk", but I did drink everyday for years. I quit drinking completely in the spring of 2013, but after almost 2 and a half years, I started again. That was in 2015, the year that I started experiencing this "Mandela effect" thing, when I found out that Billy Graham was still alive.

So maybe, for me, that was the cause of the Mandela effect thing. While drinking and smoking weed, in those periods of disassociation, I was very vulnerable, leaving myself "open" to 4d STS manipulation, screwing with my mind, injecting false memories. Even though I realize that this is very possible, I still don't understand why, for instance, apparently many other people also have memories of Australia being in a different geographical location than what it is today.

It was just yesterday that I came across this video on you tube by a guy who calls himself "Money Bags 73". He's put out hundreds of videos about the Mandela effect. To me, he comes across as being sincere about what he thinks about the Mandela effect, but of course that doesn't really mean anything. He may be sincere, but still deceived. This particular video though (and it's short, about 4 minutes long), I find interesting. He calls it "Hear What You Want Phenomenon Sweeping The World". I find it interesting because if you can "hear" what you "want", then maybe, in the same sense, you could also "remember" what you "want" to remember.

Anyway, here it is:

https://youtu.be/q3-lyiCq2wM

Projection, assumption, filling in the blanks, dissociation, not paying attention, memory errors. All of these fundamental aspects of the human mind and many more fully explain the so-called "Mandela effect". The fact that people do not first consider human error, and instead go to some external cause, is itself evidence for the inherently fallible and subjective nature of the human mind and human cognition. There is so much subjectivity among human beings that what is really surprising is that people agree on anything at all.

We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are.

Last edited:
Joe, knowledge is usually gained by EXPERIENCE. You have obviously not had these Mandela Effect experiences, but myself and others have. To use an analogy, discussing a sexual orgasm with a 5 year old child is an impossible endeavor, however, later in life that child will grow up to have the experience and then there can be a more successful discussion.

As for as assumptions, etc. I have an extensive background of living on different continents, I was a helicopter pilot for two tours in 'Nam, I was a computer engineer on complex mainframe computer systems (that takes a strong understanding of logic) and I spent the last 21 years of my working life as a barrister (trial attorney) - I've cross-examined thousands of people on their recollections and assumptions.

You have not had these experiences, maybe you finally will, then the light will come on. At the present time, your dismissal of these experiences is similar to discussing 9-11 to someone who has bought into the approved narrative and considers any other alternative factual discussion as a 'conspiracy theory' by mentally defective nut cases.

I run into that disbelief and dismissal (ha, ha, you must be crazy) in Australia when I discuss the 'Port Arthur Massacre'. However, I recently helped a film producer with a short 10 video on the massacre and it has become very helpful in breaking through their 'belief systems'.

I don't know with is going on. That first video link I posted above gives, at this time, what I would consider the most plausible explanation, however, I remain open to other interpretations. I have moved on from whether or not these Mandela Effects are real, I am now trying to figure out WHY I am one of the people that have experienced them.

Perhaps I achieved all my 'life's purposes' that were set before I reincarnated and have been shifted by my guides to other timelines for more experiences before I depart 3D. I don't know. - I do wish you luck in your quest for truth.

Joe, knowledge is usually gained by EXPERIENCE. You have obviously not had these Mandela Effect experiences, but myself and others have.
There's no need to take the feedback personally (if that's what you're doing). In fact there has been a session or two where questions of remembering things differently was answered and chalked up to a kind of 'splitting of reality' if I remember correctly. So we're not closed to the possibility of such phenomena. The point is, in the vast majority of cases, the research seems to show that we simply can't completely trust our cognition no matter how many times we have been right, or how much we have successfully navigated memory. It helps to be extra rigorous when it comes to these things given how much we're capable of getting wrong because of the more mundane reasons - of which there are many! That's all. Spur, have you had a chance to read any of the recommended books on cognition?

Strangers to Ourselves: Discovering the Adaptive Unconscious - Timothy D. Wilson
Redirect: The Surprising New Science of Psychological Change - Timothy D. Wilson
Thinking, Fast and Slow - Daniel Kahneman
You Are Not So Smart - David McRaney
What Makes Your Brain Happy and Why You Should Do the Opposite - David DiSalvo

Perhaps even more to the point, we see things according to our goals. So Spur, when you say:

I have moved on from whether or not these Mandela Effects are real, I am now trying to figure out WHY I am one of the people that have experienced them.

Perhaps it would be helpful to reconsider your goal? Why do you want to figure out the "WHY"? Perhaps something to think about. Put another way, even if this effect is something "otherwordly", maybe the point is distraction? Maybe if you change your goals and focus on something more mundane, things will "change to normal"?

Another thing to consider is this: the Mandela Effect can obviously be real, and still have more "down-to-earth" causes, such as the ones Joe mentioned, and others. That doesn't make it "unreal", does it?

Joe, knowledge is usually gained by EXPERIENCE. You have obviously not had these Mandela Effect experiences

I have actually, but it's on the interpretation of the experience that we differ. You obviously trust your recall of events, even events in which you did not participate but only interacted with vicariously. I don't.

Last edited:
Joe, knowledge is usually gained by EXPERIENCE. You have obviously not had these Mandela Effect experiences, but myself and others have. To use an analogy, discussing a sexual orgasm with a 5 year old child is an impossible endeavor, however, later in life that child will grow up to have the experience and then there can be a more successful discussion.

As for as assumptions, etc. I have an extensive background of living on different continents, I was a helicopter pilot for two tours in 'Nam, I was a computer engineer on complex mainframe computer systems (that takes a strong understanding of logic) and I spent the last 21 years of my working life as a barrister (trial attorney) - I've cross-examined thousands of people on their recollections and assumptions.

One of the C's concept fascinated me is time travel ability of higher density to change past and future and I wondered how it looks to our own observation. Later, I came to know this concept is familiar to western world through Star Trek type program for many decades. It is a possible this is the case, but the examples that are generally shown in Mandela effect can be explained by other means like cognitive science, biologically driven instinctive behavior etc.

If one work in IT (i mean programming and production support etc.) you always needs debug why certain things which working until know suddenly failed. Some times, you can go over line by line, input , output at each line etc to debug. Another way is take behavior observed by you or heard from others as input to narrow down to specific areas of problem. Often, it is not that simple, given code tend to be huge and grouped different ways. Still, I have seen many times it takes long time ( hours to days to months depending on the situation, skill of the person and dynamics of the people involved etc.) to find out. When you find out the cause of the problem, first question you ask is how the hell we missed before? If some body took the pain of tracing back of how one searched to miss it, one will find that so many reasons - subconsciously thought there is no issue here or tired simply skipped or series of observations one leading to another in different iterations lead different directions etc. With our limited attention span, it is easy to skip it or miss it. if that is not your mistake and some body else's mistake, you can even dramatize your findings for a cookie too.

With world events, it is the media( or any sort of communication mechanism) that sheds light on the event. If media didn't publicize means, it happened(but they either thought is not important or outright suppress ) or it didn't happen. Yes, one can argue some body changed the time line, but when there is rabbit hole exist in the media suppression and our own cognitive biases from our 1000's of I's . Given that, we are like "squirrels" to the higher density folks, there must be good reason for the higher density folks spend energy to make some change happen and hide it. Often, the examples shown in Mandela effect are mundane events.

Unfortunately, we live in a time, simplistic associations driving the narrations -evil Russia, leftist non-sense, gender fluidity, flat earth, Any thing orange man touches is bad including red hat, free energy etc.

We live in a age of information overload with a attention span less than a gold fish.
The average attention span for the notoriously ill-focused goldfish is nine seconds, but according to a new study from Microsoft Corp., people now generally lose concentration after eight seconds, highlighting the affects of an increasingly digitalized lifestyle on the brain.

Researchers in Canada surveyed 2,000 participants and studied the brain activity of 112 others using electroencephalograms (EEGs). Microsoft found that since the year 2000 (or about when the mobile revolution began) the average attention span dropped from 12 seconds to eight seconds.

Heavy multi-screeners find it difficult to filter out irrelevant stimuli — they’re more easily distracted by multiple streams of media,” the report read.

On the positive side, the report says our ability to multitask has drastically improved in the mobile age.

Microsoft theorized that the changes were a result of the brain’s ability to adapt and change itself over time and a weaker attention span may be a side effect of evolving to a mobile Internet.

The survey also confirmed generational differences for mobile use; for example, 77% of people aged 18 to 24 responded “yes” when asked, “When nothing is occupying my attention, the first thing I do is reach for my phone,” compared with only 10% of those over the age of 65.

And now congratulate yourself for concentrating long enough to make it through this article.

I am just going to share my experiences or rather memories relating to the Mandela effect. My only memory regards the Flintstones to Flinstones “flip flop”; which means it changed and then reverted to its original spelling.

I do have a memory of this event but unfortunately it occurred several years ago and from looking at my notes and calendars I do not seem to have recorded it. Though I occasionally view the Mandela Effect Reddit I do not post as I generally struggle with confidence for communication both off and online. So not only am I recounting from memory alone but I am not even certain of the time this occurred anymore, though I am under the impression it was some time in 2016.

I have not personally watched the Flintstones cartoon in my childhood and so at the time I was not absolutely sure of its spelling, though if asked to spell it I would have done so as above. I recall at the time viewing a YouTube video detailing how the Flinstones had changed from originally being the Flintstones. It included looking over some old articles including the original spelling and I believe I recall one page long article that included both spellings. The individual also made some argument on Flintstones making sense due to it being a kind of stone.

Whilst watching the video I did a Google search for Flintstones where everything from Wikipedia to spell correction was spelling it as Flinstones. Following which I looked through an article on the Mandela Effect reddit with people claiming it had changed from Flintstones. Opposing arguments pointed out the fact that it was spelled as Flinstones. The confusion was attributed to it being more logical to use Flint instead of Flin, but as a cartoon its title did not need to make sense.

When I checked Google again a few days later Wikipedia and everything all indicated it was spelled as Flintstones and I have not witnessed any change to this since.

Now if I look at this as an example of timeline changes/alternate reality I find I run into some issues. Either I went somewhere and back again or performed at least two reality jumps. That feels like a lot of reality splitting in a short frame of time where nothing was obviously different in the world besides the name of a cartoon something laughably insignificant in my view.

All this seems to achieve is solidifying an individual’s belief in the Mandela Effect. After some reflection I am currently under the impression that this is the intent of this memory. Such an experience may encourage people to hunt down similarly minuscule changes as further proof. This results in disinformation and confusion obscuring any meaningful experiences with genuine splitting realities which could perhaps provide valuable insight into our own world.

From observing the Mandela Effect Reddit it is clear that Flintstones flip flop experiences continue to happen with some regularity. I find this suspicious as if it were a time/reality shift I would expect them to be far more grouped together; though I may not have an accurate understanding of such things from 3rd density. Regardless my point is that this to me suggests some ongoing effort to manufacture or induce such memories perhaps as some cointelpro effort. I will note the startling similarity to my memory and the experience described by reddit user 902030Joe said to have occurred roughly nine days ago.

Personal experience with “Flin(t)stones”

I will also share a link to another discussion where the user georgeananda talks about it changing back and forth several times within a few minutes. This to me implies some interference with perception or memory if genuine.

Flintstones/Flinstones Flip Flop Experience

Also the focus on attributing blame to Cern seems like a distraction from the true culprits as any significant time/reality changes are far more likely a result of 4th Denisty STS efforts to alter reality to achieve their goals.

I remember when I was younger noticing the spelling of Berenstain in Berenstain Bears because of the different spelling. I had a lot of the books and although the spelling was Berenstain not Berenstein, it was as if I still wanted to pronounce it Berenstein. So, no Mandela affect for me in this case.

I think the following article explains it well when it writes:

But not everyone thinks this is a huge conspiracy. There are many fans who believe a much simpler explanation for the mass misunderstanding: -stein is a much more common suffix in names than -stain, so people simply remembered the series having the more common spelling by mistake.

Also the focus on attributing blame to Cern seems like a distraction from the true culprits as any significant time/reality changes are far more likely a result of 4th Denisty STS efforts to alter reality to achieve their goals.

That too is a real possibility, again, I just know what is really going on. The CERN hypothesis sounds plausible as they have indicated in their documentation (as shown in the video) that they are playing around with alternative timelines. As is the D Wave computer -

Perhaps such technology has made it more easy for 4th Density STS efforts to manipulate a desired timeline. Instead of working outside of 3D, they can interface directly with 3D through the technology.

It seems to be accepted on this forum that 4th Density STS can alter reality. OK, if reality is being changed, then the question moves on to how/why some people can notice the changes and others can't.

It seems to be accepted on this forum that 4th Density STS can alter reality.

The same people who admit for the probability that 4th Density STS can alter reality are also stating there are other important considerations to keep in mind, which you appear to be closed to.

OK, if reality is being changed, then the question moves on to how/why some people can notice the changes and others can't.

This question can only be answered on a case by case basis, and presumes that the changes noticed are indeed the products of 4d sts - which is a difficult thing to verify. There are so many other variables involved that the question itself seems to rule out other possibilities - limiting the strength of your question right out of the gate.

So far, I haven't seen any "mandala effect" that couldn't be explained by a rearranging of memories for optimized cognitive associations. Sometimes it reminds me of misheard lyrices (everytime you go away, you take a piece of meat with you).
A well known example is "Luke, I am your father" from Empires Strikes back. As kids we used to joke around with this sentence (ok, in French but in this case the same applies) because out of context, it makes sense. However, within the context of the long dialogue between Luke and Darth Vader, it doesn't fit. Paraphrasing: "-Luke, join me and toguether we can rule the galaxy. Oh, by the way, did Obi Wan tell you what happened to your father? - Yeah, he told me that you killed him. -No, I am your father. -nooooo".

Our memories are fuzzy at best and we tend to fill in the gaps with shortcuts. The example of the "Berenstein" bears cited by Cleo fall into the same kind of phenomena.

The idea that 4D STS can manipulate timelines has plenty of interesting threads for exploration... like the nature of time, the historical framework of programming, perspective from different densities, and physics well beyond my understanding. The idea that 4D STS is manipulating timelines to change meaningless pop culture references is not consequential. It doesn't produce anything other than paranoia and assurance over our own faulty thinking. It's similar to the conspiracy mazes that delve into the endless fantasies of identifying the Illuminati. What is interesting with things like the Mandela effect is the 3D cognitive distortions that create such an effect and influence our thinking in all sorts of ways.

It seems to be accepted on this forum that 4th Density STS can alter reality. OK, if reality is being changed, then the question moves on to how/why some people can notice the changes and others can't.

You've already received an answer to it:

Projection, assumption, filling in the blanks, dissociation, not paying attention, memory errors. All of these fundamental aspects of the human mind and many more fully explain the so-called "Mandela effect". The fact that people do not first consider human error, and instead go to some external cause, is itself evidence for the inherently fallible and subjective nature of the human mind and human cognition. There is so much subjectivity among human beings that what is really surprising is that people agree on anything at all.

To me, the fact that people remember events differently in itself is evidence that the phenomenon is a result of imperfections and errors of human cognition. Yet you choose to believe that your remembering things differently makes you special.

I second Ennio's question, have you had a chance to read the recommended books on cognition?

Strangers to Ourselves: Discovering the Adaptive Unconscious - Timothy D. Wilson
Redirect: The Surprising New Science of Psychological Change - Timothy D. Wilson
Thinking, Fast and Slow - Daniel Kahneman
You Are Not So Smart - David McRaney
What Makes Your Brain Happy and Why You Should Do the Opposite - David DiSalvo

Personally I too sometimes thought I experienced 'Mandela Effect' type events until I read the recommended books. Those who push back on the idea of this phenomenon (if it even deserves to be called that) being a 4D manipulation most likely filter their assessment of the described cases through the content of those (and similar) books. I think it may be useful to read them in order to broaden your perspective.

I'm not going to comment on the strange choice of analogy, but as that said child reads more and more, the child learns to understand the nature and causes of their experiences, as well as events around them better. Therefore at a certain age we can stop telling children about bees and flowers and we can have sexual education type conversations with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom