My Garden

oakwood

The Force is Strong With This One
I happened to check back on my intro post and noticed ANOTHERpage of welcome greetings. among them were queries about my garden so to get my feet wet (I've never belonged to a forum before this) I thought I would just give an outline of my garden. First of all it.s about 25 X 30 feet. and in it I am growing brussel sprouts,cauliflower, broccoli, acorn squash, rutabaga, watermelon, green beans, peas, carrots, cucumber, kohlrabi and tomatoes, and green pepper. And yes I know some of these are "EVIL however my extended family likes them and I confess to still eating them myself. The countryside around my home supplies hazelnuts, (they're actually a weed here) and raspberries and blackberries. We also have wild blueberries but as they are very small so I had to start my own patch with store bought plants and these I have growing up against my deck to keep the deer away. I also have 3 apple trees that supply me with enough apples for pies and sauce and apple butter. As for fertilizer I have a friend who raises chickens and sheep so that's what I use since she's pretty careful about what she feeds them. I also have a few herbs like sage and tarragon that overwinter well, but things like thyme and marjoram I usually have to start new every year as I tend to take the whole plant for drying. About 10 yrs. ago I had started some oregano in a now defunct garden and forgot about it and it has gone wild so I have that too. And that about covers the subject of "MY GARDEN"

Top Bottom