My upcoming road trip through the American southwest and beyond?

Mikha'El

Jedi
My girlfriend and I are gearing up to travel across the American southwest by car. We will be visiting Sedona and the four corners region, specifically the Hopi reservation.

After that we have no specific plans outside of letting the Universe point us in the direction that we will proceed next.

I would love to hear any suggestions as to where we should visit. The purpose of this trip is to expand our personal spirituality and learn more about our place in this topsy-turvy world.

I am considering driving all the way to Denver to visit the airport but that is not something that I have set in stone.

I am very open to any suggestions from this forum as to interesting, potentially spiritually enlightening places to go.

My girlfriend and I are gearing up to travel across the American southwest by car. We will be visiting Sedona and the four corners region, specifically the Hopi reservation.

After that we have no specific plans outside of letting the Universe point us in the direction that we will proceed next.

I would love to hear any suggestions as to where we should visit. The purpose of this trip is to expand our personal spirituality and learn more about our place in this topsy-turvy world.

I am considering driving all the way to Denver to visit the airport but that is not something that I have set in stone.

I am very open to any suggestions from this forum as to interesting, potentially spiritually enlightening places to go.
One thing that I did when I was down there visiting,(I have a brother that lives in Scottsdale, AZ) , I traveled along the old Route 66. There are some pretty well preserved sections, and it is a bit like traveling back in a time machine. It is best to do some research first, and grab some maps as some areas can be hard to find. I remember grabbing a download of the old Route 66 for my Garmin GPS, which helped me find and follow some of the old routes. It was a long highway, traveling, as the song says, from Chicago to LA, but I only did the sections in Arizona, California, and a bit into New Mexico. Very much enjoyed it. Lots of pictures, and lots of souvenirs collected along the way...

I went to Sedona as part of a larger trip several years ago. Supposedly, it is "vortex" area. From a Sedona website Sedona Chamber of Commerce

What is a vortex? Sedona vortexes (the proper grammatical form ‘vortices’ is rarely used) are thought to be swirling centers of energy that are conducive to healing, meditation and self-exploration. These are places where the earth seems especially alive with energy. Many people feel inspired, recharged or uplifted after visiting a vortex.

It's a very beautiful area. I loved the red rocks! My husband and I hiked to the top of one of the hills and found it energizing. It was a trip I will never forget.

We traveled throughout Arizona and New Mexico and I felt I had come "home" to the desert. Enjoy your trip!

Sedona is awesome. I would also recommend Chimayo in New Mexico. It is known for miracle healings and also has a positive energy vortex. When I lived in the area I would often drive there when I needed energetic help to heal on an emotional level.

There is also Chaco Canyon in New Mexico which I would recommend. It is a bit difficult to get to, depending on which direction you approach from. I think there is only one paved road east of it, the rest are long dirt roads.

The most beautiful road is probably the one north of Durango, Colorado.

I also enjoyed driving on the “loneliest road in America“ that crosses Northern Nevada. After that you could visit Lake Tahoe and the Redwoods area in Northern California. Both quite beautiful.

While you're at it, I've never been but have seen lovely pictures, the Oak Creek Canyon or the Slide Rock state park seem lovely to visit.

It's a bit of a drive it seems, but the Great Canyon is 7h away in car from Sedona, another one of those places I'd like to visit.

You guys stay safe out there and have a lovely time.

Some sites to consider. Black Mesa, Canyon de Chelly in Arizona, Window Rock on the Arizona/New Mexico border. Mesa Verde in Colorado. Chaco Canyon in New Mexico. I have visited all of these sites, as a child and/or adult. I highly recommend visiting Chaco Canyon. I felt the closest connection with my ancestors of any of the Four Corners sites there. My father's maternal family is from the Sonoran desert area of Arizona and northern Mexico.

I hope you have a safe and enjoyable journey. Have good shoes/ boots and be prepared to hike!

Late spring 1993. Massive floods in middle of the country. The pope was in Denver, Clintons in the White House. Pitched our tent in Tin Cup.

PitkinColorado.com Description: Even if you don't know exactly where it is, or how to get there, chances are you've probably at least heard of Tin Cup. It's a breath of fresh air, photogenic, pastoral, and the quintessential "get away from everything" kind of place that is fun to find.

But contrary to what you might have thought, Tin Cup is not a ghost town. This misconception is probably a result of the fact that almost all local residences are very old cabins that have been restored to original condition - giving it the appearance of a town that has not changed in the last 150 years.

Near Pecos, NM, Our Lady of Guadalupe Benedictine Monastery offers simple lodging on the edge of beautiful wilderness. I think Autumn is the most beautiful time to go there. A number of artists hold workshops there, which is how I know about it. I think arrangements must be made ahead, and likely there is very poor WIFI out there. I've never been (but wanted to). I've seen some of the paintings done in those workshops, and the place must be lovely to behold.

blogger-image-1403369787.jpg

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

external-content.duckduckgo-1.jpg

external-content.duckduckgo-5.jpgexternal-content.duckduckgo-3.jpg

external-content.duckduckgo-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom