Narendra Modi: "Hero of the Masses" or the "Villain" as the liberal English media portrayed for 17 years?

seek10

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
The answer to the question is obvious after the recent elections. But, what about the accusations made against him all this long as if he is the "Most Vilified Indian"ever by media (particularly liberal English media).

I want to address this question in this thread along with "how majority of Indians looks at him", his non-political, less than modest past, his temperaments, his creative development schemes that inspires everybody, image of anti-corruption crusader and much drummed up role in 2002 Godhra riots in Gujarat.

There are innumerable names thrown on Modi since he was air dropped into the chair of Gujarat Chief minister since 2001. At this time, he never "Hero of Hatred", "Mass Murderer", Aurangajab ( Mughlar ruler who was anti-Hindu) , dictator, "Divider in-chief", "Bigot". To add little comedy to the list, here is one tweet from Modi's right hand man and current Home minister Amit Shah in 2017.
Yamraj ( Hindu mythology "death of God") , Maut Ka Saudagar ( King of death) , Ravan ( Villian of Hindu epic Ramayan) , Gandi Nali Ka Keeda ( fly of dirty stream) , Monkey, Rabies Victim, Virus, Bhasmasur ( Hindu mythological Villain who has the ability burn any body instantly) , Gangu Teli( racist comment on his "Oil-presser" caste ), Goon etc. The list goes on.

Nothing stopped him. He became 3 time Gujarat Chief Minister. Each time every body expected him to lose, but won for every body's surprise. The more media vilified him, more development he showed and inspired more folks across the nation, that lead him to become prime minister in 2014 and second time in 2019 with majority on his own. This is a rare event in Indian politics of diverse identities and conflicts where "Anti-incumbency" plays a major role.

Origin of the discussion in my mind:

While watching Indian election results as I posted here. Host of "India TV" Rajdeep sardesai ( Known to be Modi critic) awed by the results threw the comment, This is "Moditva". One panel member asked what do you mean by it. he mentioned it is combination of "Development", "Toxic Hindutva" and "Nationalism". This followed one more immediately asked "What is meant by Toxic?. Being a Hindu, Toxic?". Well, for my surprise, Rajdeep, simply dropped the Word Toxic.

I thought 'WoW', here is a supposed to be top-class host that drops the word "Toxic" so fast after all these years.

Obviously all point it in Modi's supposed role in "Godhra riots"( they didn't have any thing else since 2002), any nut case statement by any Sangh Parivar , any Cow vigilant violence became a reinforcement of the "Modi is Villain" narration. It doesn't matter whether BJP claims 110 million membership. Any body or any thing this 110 million say or does is Modi's Fault and it is a validation of how evil he is. It doesn't matter how many people were arrested, convicted in Godhra incident or Cow Vigilant deaths and that news doesn't trickle to that english media.

There are lot of words and arguments that are flowing all over the place. "Ram", "Gandhi murderer", "Ram Raj", "Hindu", "Hindutva", "Nationalism" , "RSS", secularism, riots, Lynchistan, stupidity over Cows, and Minority Insecurity etc. All are directed at one man who is at the top of the Chain - Narendra Modi as if he is responsible for all of it.

I will be posting on these topics.

seek10

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Origin of the discussion in my mind:

While watching Indian election results as I posted here, Host of "India TV" Rajdeep sardesai ( Known to be Modi critic) awed by the results threw the comment, This is "Moditva". One panel member asked what do you mean by it. he mentioned it is combination of "Development", "Toxic Hindutva" and "Nationalism". This followed one more immediately asked "What is meant by Toxic?. Being a Hindu, Toxic?". Well, for my surprise, Rajdeep, simply dropped the Word Toxic.

I thought 'WoW', here is a supposed to be top-class host that drops the word "Toxic" so fast after all these years endlessly trying it.
Small correction, Rajdeep sardesai is "India Today" host not "India TV". In fact, origins of this topic goes back to many years in my mind based on some observations, opinions, controversies and past cautions.

As I told else where, I wasn't watching watching much Indian politics until his 2014 elections. Most average person feel disappointed with politics before. Some thing changed in 2014 with Modi's candidature, but most are doubtful.

first time I was surprised, when Modi rejected WTO deal ( quote from Modi Doctrine)
At the multilateral table of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), the Modi Doctrine has attempted to maintain India’s traditional role as an aggregator and spokesperson for the collective interests of developing countries, while also not wishing to be seen as obstructing or blocking progress in negotiations. In July 2014, the Modi government displayed early combativeness by refusing to ratify a WTO deal reached in Bali in 2013, and arguing that countries of the Global South have a sovereign right to protect their poor by retaining agricultural subsidies. Exasperated at being accused in the Western media and policymaking circles as a spoiler, the Indian prime minister posed the dilemma on eliminating food subsidies as, ‘There are efforts to isolate India over WTO. But tell me: do we choose feeding our poor or getting good press worldwide?
He looked man of his own convictions, irrespective of media or other politicians( his party or other parties) noise. After wards, It became a norm to pull out one scheme or other that not only bring it to public attention about topics that no other politician gave a dime (except in a election rhetoric), getting out on the streets to promote it. ex: Swatch Bharat (Clean India) sweeping the streets.These things may be basic expectations in the Western world, but they are not so in India. These issues are not easy to solve due to entrenched for decades old poverty/corruption/negligence . All this comes with accusations of public stunt,token signs etc. BJP claimed some thing like more than 150 scheme's in 5 years. It is reasonable to assume all didn't work as expected.

Another big moment is Demonetization decision. The Western press looked at it in terms of physical conveniences at the bank, reckless decision, unplanned show-off , means to control public or outright meaningless disruption. But on the ground, average Indian looked at it completely opposite. "Here is a man, wants to cleanup the endemic black money and bribe problem in all parts of the society(that emanated from post independence License Raj), has the courage the do it". People can accuse him of many things, but not "as corrupt" after being 3 times chief minister and 1 prime minister election in a country you can't even get done any thing without influence( money or acquainted govt. employee or politician).

When things started going south, He took to the media openly declared "Give me 2 months, if things doesn't go well, Punish me". Well, whether one call it crude belligerence or suicidal, things went OK. Media as usual published sensational news like big ATM lines, few instances Bank officers redirecting the new notes to their powerful local big shots, while giving lip service to the How many arrests were made. In the Western world, if you feel threatened, you call police, you can trust that Police will do some thing to the accused after doing their some-what impartial inquiry and if they are convinced. But, in India, police used to arrest whoever is least influential, so most of the people will not even go to the police. But, all this has changing.

I have many friends who visited India during the time, standing in the hours long ATM lines, borrowing from relatives whatever they can, but still absolutely happy with the move. There is a entrenched hopeless feeling with the corruption among the public for many decades. The same with my relatives there.

Why am I writing this?

Whatsapp is popular app in India and Indians outside and whoever have a smart phone tend to multiple whatsapp groups either college friends, work colleagues etc. I have one group with 30+ people, there used to be constant arguments. Out of 2 people anti-Modi and 5 or 6 those who claim nuetral. Any video critical of Modi were gleefully shared and any thing positive tend to be contested. I watched them to understand what is going on and the curiosity led me to search what is going on. The biggest problem is any body who supports Modi immediately blamed as 'Modi Bhakt', "Anti-Muslim", "Racist", "influenced by Modi IT cell" etc., while others protest saying " We are not Pro-Modi, Congress ruled for 60 years and screwed it, he is doing good, Let's give 10 or 15 years and see what he does".

Personally, I felt that he is saying all the ideals, pulling all the schemes, constantly running here and there in his 20 hrs a day schedule, boldly ridiculing political correctness ( Politics of minority appeasement), doing his own politics. But, all the criticism originated from his perceived role in 2002 Godhra riots. Given his life long RSS pracharak background every body took it as assumed that that he was behind the riots. What ever he said to defend himself is considered it as a validation of his role.

For most Indians, Riots were there for a long time ( given that Muslim rulers ruled for more than 600 years and British did their divide and Rule), often the origins of riots tend me LOT more complicated than "Majority killed Minority" simple narration, though that also happens. One book that gives insight into it is MJ Akbar's first book called 'Riot after Riot' which is a compilations of articles related to 15 riots(sample) happened in 80's. Lot more goes on behind the scene before a riot even starts, like changes in social hierarchies, leaders belonging to supposed conflicting groups coordinate to create the riot, complicity of varying groups in the crime, political leadership changes etc.

For India's liberal left English Media, Modi-bashing, Minority Lynching is their favorite part. Couple of months back, some body sent a video of events happened in 2002 riots and What Modi did to handle riots(english subtitles are mine).
It looked, Modi did LOT more than any other politician had done in the past to control the riots. But, all are ignored while trying to extract apology from Modi at every possible turn until he became PM. To validate the claims, I looked for sources of events of the 2002, but couldn't find much other than usual "Gujarat Hitler" , "Hero of Hatred" , "Mass Murderer", He did it because he made a statement that "should have handled media better", he is Anti-Muslim because he don't want to wear Muslim cap etc.

To makeup my own mind, I opened another book called "Narendra Modi: A Political Biography" (published in 2014 when he was PM candidate). I read it some years back, but not paid too much attention to Godhra details. Having seen many riots, I even considered the possibility of Modi's complicity in it. But as I started re-reading the book where he addressed accusation after accusation and with the advantage of seeing 5 years of rule at the center and watching many interviews he said/did and how Media tried to break him for 17 years, I have no choice except to accept that He is not even responsible for Godhra event. In fact, he did every thing in his control or went beyond his means to control it. I will detail it another post. In the process, his temperaments becomes much more clearer and gives some insight into his demonetization reasons.

I know it is a mute point now, particularly after last month's victory, though it raises a question of why English Media went with it so long despite Modi consistently blaming them all these years.

seek10

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I haven't come to this thread though I wanted to write. Problem I keep facing is rather confusing narration going on all over the place. One end, Modi's popularity is astronomically high, and He is solving 70 years old countries pain points( corruption, influence in law and order, Kashmir issue, Muslim poverty issues, basic needs to the poor, inspiring the populace, setting his own agenda's, setting limits on many abuses, bringing order, population control etc) as if there is no tomorrow, but Anti-Modi Media has always something to cry about as if nothing else exist.

As I tried to understand the situation, I am finding listening to the politicians like Modi or Amit Shah speeches directly is more useful than reading the articles. It is a bizarre, but that seems to give more information. I watched Modi critics to see any points that Pro Modi outlets missing for many years. But, I was founding more holes in the Anti-Modi narration than Pro-Modi(leaving aside mass hype that comes with ring wingers).

I went with my 30 year old impressions of Indian Media. While growing up there, I used to like "India Today" for their weekly magazine analysis, that goes deep into behind the scene dynamics which is not covered in other media outlets. They expanded massively, so I assumed they are biased to some extent.

My interest is how to reconcile his popularity without going into pro and Anti Modi drum beats. It is easy to like Modi if one has exposure to India's pain points since independence, At the same time, one has to be cautious with the nuttiness of blind right wingers and their opportunistic politicians who make sensational statements to whip up frenzy.

Generally, populace has enough of this circus. Every body abused the power. so, what way Modi is different and why masses are crazy about him? This is the question that bugged me. Modi runs his agenda as if all of this doesn't matters and masses cheer crazily.

To cut short the chase of who is who I searched google for Pro/Anti Modi outlets, this is what comes. I should have done this before, but I didn't because I was not suspecting this much bias.

Republic, Zee News, India Tv, News18 India, TimesNow, Wion - BJP

NDTV, NewsX, Mirror Now, India Today, ABP News (Anand Bazaar Patria) - Congress

Now Listen
— e.g. Aditya Birla owns Aaj Tak and India Today. So what they do is put one channel pro BJP and one channel anti BJP. That way they are safe.

Same goes with bennett coleman group- they have put Times Now pro BJP and Mirror Now Anti BJP.

Same goes with Network18 (Ambani) who put CNN IBN and New18 India as pro BJP and FirstPost as AntiBJP.

The reason Rajdeep Sardesai ‘left’ CNN IBN is because when it got owned by Ambanis, they couldn’t afford the anti BJP narrative hence this so called journalist was asked to step down.

Aaj Tak was pro Congress but now a days they have changed their narrative especially since Anjana Om Kashyap’s husband was promoted as CVO by Rajnath Singh.

Also please remember there is nothing as BJP and Congress, it is always Left and Right. BJP= Right and Congress = Left.
Here is one more with more details

In short, Media is on sale for a long time, Some simply wearing left/right ideological mask to hide their misdeed, some betting on both sides, some switching to whoever is giving better deal.

Here is a fascinating 2014 video( Before Modi became PM) that exposes the darker side of Indian media circus with paid news, blackmail, political journalists becoming politicians, media, film journalism relationships, nexus between corporate and sports reporting, Radia tapes saga ( exposed the largest scam in Indian history: 2G scam in 2011 that worth of US $26 Billion in congress rule where nexus of lobbysts,media,corporates,politicians of different parties conspire to choose a minister who gives 2G license to few companies for free ), power brokering etc.

At the end he summaries "It seems, Paid news is no longer the cancer in the system, Cancer has taken over the whole system" . Illegal money in swiss accounts from wealthy Indian estimated as of 2008 : 71,00,000 ( Approx. US $ 1 Trillion+ ). Now, It is $US 1.5 Trillion

seek10

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
In this post, I want to address the Anti-Modi media players and their connections. While the world media still talking about Kashmir, Indian officials arrested high profile congress leader former foreign/home minister P. Chidambaram who considered specialized in converting black money to white.
---

Couple of days back, I came across a video with a title #NDTV Frauds. After watching this, my curiosity lead to more videos and reading couple of books by the same author( NDTV Frauds V 2.0 and C-company) which goes into real life example of rabbit hole of corruption in India. This is only one example.

NDTV Frauds 2.0 Book:

In the NDTV Frauds 2.0 book covers NDTV promoters ( household name Pranoy Roy and his wife Radhika Roy) involvement in financial crimes like stock manipulation, tax evasion, money laundering using complex shell companies, political drama's that involving false accusations of sexual harassment to derail tax investigations, suspension/transfer to remote areas of honest tax commissioners, role in major congress govt. scams like 2G scam ( $26 Billion) , coal scam ($20Billion), Court cases , corruption , unlawful bribes etc. List is very long list. Conspiracy Hub is a right word to describe NDTV. Western scams like #RussiaGate pales in comparison and this story has all components of deep state scams with a minor difference. Here, the Indian intelligence agencies are subordinate to the politicians, rather than blackmail material wielding controllers. When Mr and Mrs. Pranoy roy tried to leave the country on Aug. 9th, Indian govt. blocked them from leaving the country.

This author Sree Iyer is saying NDTV is only indian channel in available in the Western countries he visited. If that is true, It is NDTV that sets agenda around the world about India, with its operational links with people like Rupert rupert murdoch around the world and they are the channels that are visible in major countries. They have a number of money laundering operational links with companies like GE. They are a power broker between the corporations and politicians( many scams Congress UPA faced during 2004-2014). Tax investigations by a honest commissioners ( S.K Srivastava and others) unearthed up to half a billion dollars worth of unaccountable amount of money channeled through dummy fake companies etc.

- The most of the anchors currently run the show under different media outlets are started their career from NDTV. NDTV hired people based on the political connections and most of them are household name anchors even to day.
  • Rajdeep Sardesai was a relative of a Doordarshan program manager, who gave big contracts to NDTV at the expense of Govt. money in 90's. He later moved to other channels and staunch Anti-Modi and currently India To day anchor.
  • Bharkha dat : She is another anchor who was caught in the 2G scam red handedly. She is co-consiprator in many of the NDTV money laundering operations with setting up one man operations in the foreign countries and flow it as a investments into indian company NDTV. They used this method launder around US $450 million.
    • Process of converting Black money to White money: They use illegal Hawala operators to give money in Indian Rupees ( large sums of bribes) and their representatives in places like Dubai, Mauritius, UK convert it dollars and deposits them in foreign banks.
    • This money is moved to India in the form of investments to avoid the taxes from Tax havens like Mauritius. So the money becomes the White money.
      • NOTE: If one looks which country invested most in India since 2000, you will find tiny country called Mauritius that contributes for 32% of the total ( $US 420 billion). India has agreement with Mauritius for not asking sources of the incom ea and not doing the double taxation etc.
    • Investments are promoted on their channel to increase their stock price.
    • This is just one example and there are many variations. Since they facilitated these type of operations, they have the information of who else used them for this operation, can become the subject of blackmail.
  • Other connections:
it is relevant to mention instances of proximity of NDTV personnel to the UPA – Sonia Singh is the wife of R P N Singh (Home Minister of State). Nidhi Razdan has been talked about as being close to Omar Abdullah (ally of Congress and Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir). NDTV Group CEO - K V L Narayan Rao (son of former Chief of Army Staff Gen K V Krishna Rao) etc., was in the IRS (Income Tax Dept). Now the latest, Sarah Jacob (who hosts We the People post Barkha’s exit from NDTV) is the daughter in law of Montek Singh Ahluwalia. One can clearly accept and fathom how the “privileged access party continued” for so many years.

- India's largest private bank ICICI bailed them out from financial trouble under dodgy circumstances.
- Involvement in many scams in during 2004-2014 congress lead UPA-1, UPA-2 period including 2-G scam.
- Tax fraud: When one honest Tax commissioner ( S K Srivastava ) did the investigation to expose him, he was sued by 2 of her juniors tax officers ( Ashima Neb, SHUMANA SEN ) for sexual harassment. Based on those allegations, he was harassed over a time of 7 years in the form of sent on leave without payment, suspension etc. This commissioner pulled out the details of these 2 junior officers relation with NDTV and finance minister P.chidambaram. NDTV paid these officers in giving costly apartments, yearly foreign trips to the worth of US $150K, jobs to their relatives etc . None of them filed these in taxes. He also found that these females officers have sexual relations with P. chidambaram and it is speculated that these officers are blackmailing chidambaram on the behalf of NDTV.
The list is long with all sorts of proofs pulled with official investigations, court documents etc. So I leave it there.

It is NDTV ( like minded) that claimed to be champions of free press, minorities, liberal left are fore front of Anti-Modi campaign. The virtue signaling causes they claim are just a mask to hide real crimes. When asked why they are Anti-Modi, they claim 'we have to be Neutral' as if they don't know the difference between objective truth and propaganda behind the neutrality mask.

Ridiculous part is the details of these well known corruption cases are covered in the media. But, they cover in the complete opposite way with minimal details, not connecting the dots, hiding the real culprits.
---
About the Author Sree Iyer

Author of NDTV Frauds V 2.0 and C-company Sree Iyer is an California based businessman turned blogger/writer has been documenting the corruption in Indian Stock market and corruption in Indian politicians like P. Chidambaram, well known media channel NDTV and their connections( for looting) for few years and details in his works are so rare that those are used as weapons in the Indian Parliamentarians. What he wrote are investigating finding of few courageous Indian bureaucrats, who had been witch-hunted for more than a decade and connecting the dots makes the conspiracy and loot clear.

Sree Iyer has the guidance and support of well known BJP politician and 6 times Member of parliament called Subrahmanya swamy . Swamy is well known for making tabloid style accusations followed by taking it to court system and is a big challenger Congress's political correctness and its corruption.
---
P. Chidambaram

Former Union finance/Home minister of the Congress govt. P. Chidambaram was arrested for corruption charges was the highlight of the last week news while the world is talking about the Kashmir. This is a very high profile arrest by CBI (Indian version of FBI) for corruption charge. In other countries, this may be normal news, but in India arresting a powerful person like him itself is a big thing. he was arrested for a small case, if one has to arrest him for all crimes, they will have to arrest him 1000 times at least. His hand is in many of the scandals rocked congress Govt. from 2004-2014 that involved big multi-nationals like GE and runs into 2 or 3 digit billions etc.

Cases against P Chidambaram:
  • INX Media: Receiving overseas funds of ₹305 crore ( US $50 Million) in 2007. He was arrested for this case
  • Aircel-Maxis case: Received kickbacks in return for ensuring FIPB clearance for the ₹3,500 crore deal
  • Air India deal: Purchase of 43 aircraft from Airbus and 68 from Boeing for ₹70,000 crore in 2007. The purchase order was cleared by an empowered group of ministers headed by Chidambaram when he was finance minister.
  • NSEL ( (The National Spot Exchange Limited) case : NSEL sued P. chidambaram for $10,000 crores( US $1.5 Billion) for their role in destroying NSEL. NSEL was India's first electronic commodity spot exchange.
----
Book: C-Company

Here, "C" means Chidambaram and his Cronies( media and bureaucrats etc.). This is a story of visionary entrepreneur called Jignesh Shah. He was responsible for creation of many world class stock exchanges in India and Abroad. The story is about how he was witch hunted and shutdown this projects by C-boys misusing govt powers to eliminate the competition and maintain their interests in their stock exchange (National Stock Exchange).
-----
What is Modi's take in all this corruption:

Here is one video (dated before 2019 election) that is in Hindi. I will put approximate translation.
During previous government of UPA, there is one more big scam happened. This is done to the nation's banking system. That is Phone Banking Scam. i.e. One phone call goes from Delhi, some exceptional people gets the lakhs of crores loan( 1 Lakh Crore Rs = $15 Billion) . Situation is that similar phone calls are made to get the new loans pay the interests on the previous loans. At the end, how is that possible?

Since Independence to 2008, 18 Lakh crores ( $ 270 Billion) were given. during 2008-2011, that increased to 18,52,000 crores ( $278 billion) { it was not clear he means to say 278 billion in these 3 years or only 8 billion in 3 years. Most probably it is 278 billion in 3 years given the state of banking system }. This scam has the capability of destroying the nation's economy forever.

During the last 5 years, our government in coordination with RBI, private and public companies rescued India from Phone banking scams. Now no body can sit with Bank's money. India created a constitutional law and system called IBC ( Insolvency and Bankruptcy court), whoever takes loan from Bank, they have to return it. Now, it is not possible that one can file bankruptcy on company and sit on other companies. these people should clean their hands with all their property.

you might not have seen in the media. Many people ended up washing their hands. Because of this law, Karodpati( millionaries) are on streets, because they are enjoying with Bank's money. This govt. had shown the courage to this. It had not been 1.5 years since IBC is formed. Due to this, Bank were guaranteed to get back 3 Lakh Crores ( $45 B). You should look at these $45B too. I know how much pressure I was under when this law is being created. These people know what types of troubles they will be under after this law is passed. I am happy that this law is passed, this gave the banks new life and strength.

Borthers and Sisters, See the fate of the people of the who run away to foreign nations after taking the bank loans. One person who took loan of Rs 9000 crores and ran away, ended up loosing Rs 14,000 crores of property through siezure. How is it even possible. Because our government made a constitutional law to seize each and every property of that person. What ever the foreign properties that person has, those will be auctioned too.

War against the corruption can't we won with small, small decisions or battles. It is needs drastic decisions.
Modi's appeal lies in big decisions and followups that no body thought even possible. His strategy is always creates law and enforce it in such a way law takes its own course.

The same thing happened in the P. Chidambaram case. He allowed the law enforcement who was battling with him for more than decade, gave the tools and run with it.

One can assume that lot of money must have flown out of swiss bank by now.
---
Tax Terrorism

How media will spin it is evident in recent media created word called "Tax Terrorism". when I heard the word, wondered what it is?.
short version of the story: A man called V.G. Siddhartha ( often mentioned as India's Coffee king) who owns more coffee shops than starbucks in India by 1000 or so. He is son-in-law of former BJP Chief minister of Karnataka. He has vast wealth in stock market, software company Mind tree, owns 10,000 acres of family's coffee plantation and revolutionized the coffee industry to export to outside world.

This conscientious man with inspirational background committed suicide by jumping into river, because he was struggling to make his Coffee business profitable. He wrote in his letter, tax authorities blocked using the profitable money from software company to use it, as they linked it pending taxes. for last 2 years, stock market challenges all the businesses have tough time for rotating the money.
Whom to blame for this?. If you guess it correctly, it is Narendra Modi. He is chief Terrorist of all the tax terrorists (enforcement authorities).

Though they confess we have issues of students committing suicide because they didn't achieve perceived grades or not. With large young generation, competition is intense and ambitions are high. It doesn't matter it is estimated that India lost 21 Trillion US$ since 1947 for corruption ( video in the above post). This how media spins, which common man doesn't give hoot. This is the narration what gets trickled out to the world.

seek10

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
After reading the book NDTV Frauds and DD video posted above, any minuscule faith that i had before in Indian Media is dead. I grew up in a countr( in 80's), the state run media (that is covering majority of the region) what state wants, private owned regional ones did their bidding of their owners. This quote from this Sott article looked appropriate for Indians( just like Russians) too those days.
"It's very simple: in Soviet Union, we don't believe our propaganda. In America, you actually believe yours!"
Investigative journalism in 'India Today' magazine and listening to BBC radio (for news that needs more validation) are exceptions in those days.

These readings not only explain the feeling that bugged me "some thing is seriously off" in their analysis. I shouldn't have surprised of all of this having seen this in the West during the last 20 years. I thought opposition voice will have some truths if not all, but their journalism is just like in West - SJW/liberal left/minority mask to hide the misdeeds of Indian Swamp (under the UPA regime) that is kicking and screaming for survival with Modi's popular rule.

NDTV Frauds books made me thinking who else were involved in with NDTV, only to realize that I should be asking "who else was not involved". Here is one 2010 article from a blog called mediacrooks. Interesting part is how, all these anchors and their loyalties changed over time. The same blogger writes (before 2019 election) why opposition journalists are wrong in their analysis of Modi or his analysis.

On January 1, 2014, I wrote the prologue “Good Vs Evil” on the prospects of the outcome of the LS elections and why BJP and PM Modi should win for “good” to prevail. They say a week is a long time in politics but five years have flashed by in supersonic speed. We are now into the last mile of the race to the new LS and the new govt at the Centre. The ModiSarkar has some fantastic achievements to its credit, a few failures and many missed chances. It is only the first time a CM of a state had graduated to PMship and would be completing a full term. That itself is unusual for India as the PMs were usually from the Delhi Belly of politics or more accurately, the Lutyens circle politicians.
As I stated, people don’t sit around with poll ratings or IMF ratings or “Tom Moody” ratings or any other ratings. They don’t know and they don’t care. They also don’t care about the GDP or the GDP growth. They feel “development” in their guts, in their homes and in their lives. They feel it in tangible ways and in their experience. Better gas supply, better transport, a better bank balance or a better/improved house. They know development in those terms. There is no denying a vast population has been lifted above the poverty line. Many of these families maybe gainfully employed and their children pulled out of labour and into schools. And ModiSarkar has contributed to and impacted all of such issues and many others. Thus, the communication of the excellent work has to be done in their terms. And Modi not only has excellent skills in that, he has to make his other campaigners follow that strategy and the tactics involved.
There is an enormous balance in the performance account of ModiSarkar. Many fantastic policies, schemes have been implemented with aggressive speed. In particular, infrastructure and transport domains have performed well. Add mass insurance, cheaper medicines and direct transfer of subsidies. Even the economy on the whole is better than the scam-infested rule of the Congress.
In the end, the division and polarity that western media is talking about is between Indian Media, not the Indian population.

Last edited:
Reactions: sid
Top Bottom