Natural Vision Improvement

gottathink

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I will post more as I have time but wanted to get this started.

Natural vision improvement is a philosophy that promotes exercises, nutrition, and self work to naturally improve ones vision.

The exercises are highly effective if you have the commitment to regularly do the training. My experience with them helps dry eyes, and quite blurred vision. I will post resources and exercises.

Regarding eye pathologies such as cataracts, there are dedicated professionals and scientists working on natural solutions.
This is the link to the US based Cataract Research Foundation:

Tibetan Eye Exercise - trick to get 20/20 vision temporarily if you are old

Problem: Without glasses I can't see the small font numbers on my 1 inch wide, old mobile phone display.

Solution: (you cannot use glasses)
One less known trick to regain perfect youthful vision for a couple seconds is to hold out your phone / object that has a small print text you cannot see (because everything is blurry, when you hold it in front of you) is to:

1. move the phone display / fine print text toward the very edge of your vision
2. Raise your eyebrows a bit to reveal more of your eyeball
3. Strain your eyeballs to rotate / focus onto the very edge of your vision, which is the area on the extreme [usually] upper left or right corner of your eye.
4. You can even dip / turn your head a little, so as you raise your phone to the very edge of you vision (just below your eyebrows), this will give you the feeling of a "sniper aiming"
5. You will feel your eye muscles straining as you try to focus on the display / fine print text just below the edge of your vision
6. I'm 49 and when I do this, I can see the very screen pixels enlarged, the numbers enlarged and super clear on that really tiny 1 inch wide old mobile phone.
I can see the text as if I were 14 years old. Very crisp, as if I were looking at the text using a large magnifier glass

If you have longer eyelashes and long eyebrows, and saggy skin around your eyes then fur strands will be totally in the way, so you'll see the text like "through trees". Like looking through a forest at an object moving beyond the trees. But as you move the display / fine print text a little along the edge of your vision, the image will be perfect, enlarged and the [previously tiny and blurry letters] will be super crystal clear.

I guess this is what the Tibetan Eye Chart means to do. Read text/numbers at the very edge of your vision, straining - essentially Body-Building your eye muscles, which have become super lazy and weak gazing all the time at blue mobile phone displays and monitors, so your vision naturally improves with simple eye-muscle exercise.

But the result of this simple trick is quite astounding, as now I'm looking for a solution, which permanently changes my eyes - central / normal focus area - back into such a totally clear, super sharp, almost microscopic, 20/20 'Eagle Vision'.

Last edited:
After performing a search for natural treatments for cataracts, it seems there is very little that western medicine can offer other than taking antioxidants, stopping smoking no alcohol consumption also eating lots of fruit and veggies, and if that is not effective, Surgery. So in essence, surgery or nothing

But Traditional Chinese medicine does have some alternative methods of treatment with herbs, acupuncture and eye drops.

This is one practitioner in the US that gives a few case studies, seems to be a bit involved regarding the herbal treatments, and would require follow up. This is the thought for cause regarding the development of cataracts.

In TCM, cataracts are referred to as yuán yì nèi zhàng (圆翳内障, round nebula internal obstruction). The etiologies of this disease are numerous. A key factor is a general deficiency due to aging, often seen as deficiencies of the liver, kidney, essence, and blood. Spleen deficiency can play a role as it fails in its function of transportation, while a deficiency of qi, blood, and essence leads to malnourishment of the eyes. Depressive heat in the liver or liver yin deficiency can combine with damp heat to attack an upward.

This is the website for interest

Also this short snip from Review of Optometry

A widely used drug in China and several other countries may be the key to non-surgical cataract treatment, according to new research published in the January 3 issue of Inorganic Chemistry.

In China, eye drops containing pirenoxine (PRX) have been used in cataract patients for decades. Based only on anecdotal data, PRX has been regarded as a viable option in cataract prevention and treatment.

From Wikki Pirenoxine - Wikipedia

Prevention and Treatment-with Reference to Chinese Medicine
by Subhuti Dharmananda, Institute for Traditional Medicine, Portland, Oregon

A CASE OF SUCCESSFUL CATARACT TREATMENT IN A DIABETIC WOMAN​

In an article from Japan, published in the American Journal of Chinese Medicine (5), three physicians report on a successful case of cataract treatment with a traditional herb formula. This involved a 68-year-old woman with diabetes having a cataract in one eye. The cataract had been present for more than four years at the time of treatment with the herb formula. She was given Achyranthes, Plantago, and Rehmannia Formula. She had been taking Catalin eye drops and Tathion eye drops (glutathione eye drops, another antioxidant strategy), with only slight effect, but when she began taking the herb formula, her vision began to rapidly improve within 10 days, and continued to improve over three months of therapy. The affected eye then remained in improved condition thereafter, with continued use of the herbs (dried extract granules, 7.5 grams per day).

This gives several examples of eye drops available at the end of the article. It mentions the use of glutathione eye drops, I was not aware it could be obtained as an ophthalmic solution. This made me think of the one of the root causes of cataracts in TCM seen as deficiencies in the liver, so maybe glutathione eye drops, may help somewhat.

This from a supplier in Japan gives some idea of what the eye drops look like. Unfortunately just noticed, they are sold out, so not available, maybe available elsewhere.

I hesitate to add this study, it was performed in India, and demonstrated negative results, but the conclusion admits at the end, this was a poor study due to patient non compliance and follow up, It was over a 2 year period, the study group was 66 patients, but is all a search could find at this time.

Hope this infromation may be of benefit, for those that are having cataract problems. I myself, have been told I have cataracts in both eyes, although, for right now, I seem to be doing OK. Started using L Carnosine eye drops, but found they caused some eye irritation, will try again at some point. One thing I know for sure at this point in time given the medical climate here in Canada, cataract surgery for me, is not on the agenda.

I’m just starting back into a natural vision improvement program. I used it years ago but was struggling with anxiety a facial/cranial distortions that I needed to deal with first.

A great exercise for dry eyes is called Tracing.
Sit in a relaxed position and move your eyes to trace the outline of objects e.g. buildings or trees. Move your eyes continuously and maintain this for ten minutes or even a couple of hours if you find it relaxing.
My eyes start to water when I do this, they relax and my vision starts to improve.
This is because naturally our eyes move rapidly in tiny movements when see things. When our vision becomes stressed our eyeballs become fixed and we need to the muscles controlling the eyeball moving quickly again.

Another useful tool is pinhole glasses.they condition your vision without lenses. It means I can watch subtitled movies without regular glasses this my eyes relax.

Reviews on eye exercises and using pinhole glasses are mixed. But as with everything you have to put consistent effort in to retrain vision. Also posture and breathing needs to be worked in conjunction with eye exercises.

Rebuild Your Vision is the program I purchased years ago and now there website with comprehensive information.

I also read the book and used exercises from the book:
Natural Vision Improvement which details the Janet Goodrich Method.This is a comprehensive book and takes a while to read and digest.

Rebuild your Vision is a short and easy set of exercises to get going with.

Back
Top Bottom