NeuroFeedback, NeurOptimal and Electroencephalography

Quote from: herondancer on February 05, 2018, 10:19:57 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you are dealing with two tragedies at the same time SC. The treatments seem to have come along just in time. Hang in there.

I'm sorry to hear that, too. Take care and hang in there. :hug:

Thank you all for your condolences. I spoke about here because I wondered if sudden and deeper than average emotional distress would affect/ ameliorate the treatment. All this week I have felt a little more anxious than the week after my first treatment--just something to note and add to my observations. Hopefully time will reveal any more permanent patterns and effects NO treatment has on my mind.
My 3rd treatment has been postponed until tomorrow and I will report back this weekend. I also have noted that my appetite for carbs has lessened and is less intense overall.
Good luck to everyone with your brain training. :)

I noticed that I had to increase my melatonin dose because I was waking up early and not going back to sleep. I know I need 8 hours of sleep for my digestive system to work right, so this was an issue. I was taking 1mg, now taking 2.

Laura said:
I noticed that I had to increase my melatonin dose because I was waking up early and not going back to sleep. I know I need 8 hours of sleep for my digestive system to work right, so this was an issue. I was taking 1mg, now taking 2.

I did the Neuroptimal yesterday, and woke up today before 6am and couldn't go back to sleep. I think I'll take a little melatonin and see if that helps.

So far, I have done 3 sessions. My next one is scheduled for Friday.

First session: According to the machine, my left brain is more active than my right brain and is working almost all the time. At the end of the session, there was a good amelioration. It seems that I respond pretty well to this kind of treatment. She told me that someone who has done/ is doing meditation are very good subjects for that.
Observation : The next couple hours after the session, I had more energy. Then, I began to feel some anger inside me for a couple of hours, after that, I would have cried rivers but was unable to let the tears get out. And finally, I was very tired and went to bed.

Second session: The machine worked mostly to balance the left and the right side of the brain and a couple of minors things in the area of the 10 to 14 hertz.
Observation: Very relaxed for 24 hours and particularly very energetic for the next three days after the treatment.

Third session: Still working to balance the brain but this time the machine have worked on a couple of traumatic experiences in the area of the 2-3 hertz.
Observation: Very relaxed this time too, very energetic and I began to feel like some small emotional change inside of me.

P.S.: I am wondering if this Mind Alive tool, that has been recommended by Nora Gedgaudas, could do a good job too: http://www.primalbody-primalmind.com/mind-tools/

I had my second session yesterday. I had my eyes closed for almost all of the session. Somewhere over halfway through the session, I had an experience that was similar to the flash of light I have experienced while doing EE. My field of vision brightened sharply and quickly like the EE flash, but not as intense. Also during and right after this was happening it seemed like my brain was adjusting or something. It is hard to describe why I say this exactly, but it was almost like I could see or feel my brain activity moving and then become stabilized in some way.

Also, today I feel pretty good, grounded, at ease and less rigid with my thinking. It is like a lot of the pressure, which I usually have or put on myself, is off of me as compared to what I normally have. Also while smoking outside after waking up this morning it was like my mindset reminded me of the feeling I remembered having when I was younger where there was low optimism about the day, no pressure and that things were open.

I've had two more sessions in the last four days. Each was interesting in different ways.

The first was more body oriented. I found myself letting my eyes drift from position to position (upper left to upper right, centre, lower right, ect). very softly, no effort. They would stay in one position until it felt 'right', then move on, with no discernible pattern. Later on I had the sensation of the maxilla (part of the skull encompassing the nasal passages) moving forward and back as I breathed. Also the sensation of the roof of my mouth (median palatine?) flexing in and out. The session was way more relaxing, but again, I woke up at 6:45 am, which is pretty early for me.

I had 2 more sessions with it being a total of 3, yesterday being the 3rd. Before the sessions my sleep would be interrupted maybe 4 to 6 times during the night. I would fall back to sleep but not being able to sleep through the entire night felt draining the next day (this pattern has gone on for years even with taking recommended supplements). Since doing the sessions, I'd like to report I've been sleeping much better, sleeping solid all night without waking and I'm feeling much more rested. :zzz:

I had my next two sessions this past week with a local NF practitioner, who uses the Othmer method (with only 3 electrodes - I think they were placed on the right side of my forehead, above my right ear, and on the right back side of my head).

These two sessions, we continued to watch the early episodes of Big Bang Theory with subtitles on her Cygnet system. Other than the number of "thick grey clouds" on the screen (which I was told that it's related to my blinking), my eyes were watery/teary, which may be related to the eyes being strained from watching the screen. That was annoying.

After both sessions, I felt tired and was able to go to sleep early (around 7PM) and woke up around 4:30AM. I also noticed that I felt pretty energetic between sessions and was able to get my job/work done without experiencing too much stress or anxiety. I also had to deal with my phone issues that I mentioned in my previous post and I ended up buying a new phone, which affected my planned budget. So, I'm holding off the NF sessions for a while.

I had my first Neuroptimal session today at the FOTCM facility in NC. Techically, it was the 2nd one, but in the 1st session I moved my head too far and the skull electrodes fell off. When I first started that session, before the electrodes fell off, I did get a bit emotional at the beginning, but they subsided.

During this session, I experienced some vision or eye issues. It was a little like feeling you are in a dream world. When it was over a felt a bit woozy, but nothing major. I planned on running some errands, but the wooziness, dream world symptoms increased so I just headed home. I starting having a lot of uncontrollable emotions come up, crying about who knows what. I called the facility and spoke with another member. He was reassuring and explained that what was going on was the brain correcting itself and he'd read that people have had emotional releases using neurofeedback; just to ride it out and it would pass. So, I am going to continue having a really good cry, take some GABA and I'll check back soon.

Connaîtriez vous des liens en Français, j'ai cherché mais rien trouvé... Merci d'avance pour vos réponses...

Do you know any links in French, I searched but found nothing... Thank you in advance for your answers...

PERLOU said:
Connaîtriez vous des liens en Français, j'ai cherché mais rien trouvé... Merci d'avance pour vos réponses...

Do you know any links in French, I searched but found nothing... Thank you in advance for your answers...

This site has a lot of information, articles, videos, etc.: https://www.adnf.org/

And here is a list of practitioners, but you can also just look for "Neurofeedback" and towns around your area: https://www.adnf.org/neurofeedback_directory.htm#france

Perlou, here's the websites of two other practitioners I found during my search that have a bit of information about neurofeedback - and neuroptimal specifically - in French:

http://www.neuroptivie.com/neurofeedback
http://www.neuroptimum.com/

After reading this thread I tried to find if there is something similar here in Macedonia and on my big surprise i found one company.
It is called Gaspar Neurofeedback

I dont know if this is the same thing as Neuroptimal.
here is their webpage.
_https://www.gasparneuro.com/uk.html

It is about 70 km from my place, in capital Skopje. I wrote them an email today asking for more informations, and prices.
Will see what will they answer and what the price will be.

I have had 3 Neuroptimal sessions this far. I have been focusing on anxiety-producing events, but find that I keep going into an altered state of mind where forgotten memories/emotions surface. The experience is similar to EE but more vivid. I get the sense that my brain is dealing with these things. Towards the end of my last session I felt a big burden lifted from my heart after my mind went on a small tour of the property where I grew up.

The various biofeedback techniques have each left me with surprising emotional releases, but Neuroptimal has definitely been the most vivid. It has been very helpful to have all of the recommended reading at hand to understand the process and deal with what's come up.

Back
Top Bottom