New layout confusion

N

noise

I've clicked around but I can't actually see how to vote if that is what the numbers next to the article(s) represent. Also is the page changing daily or are articles added as time goes on? To give a slight example: Is new world politics, an article header in itself, going to stay but the articles contained changing as time goes by? I ask cause the page isn't dated at the top. So I guess my question is: are articles changing/rotating in and out of the headers or are they changing daily?

I like the bea-utterfly and the overall look, feel and layout are great. Also some of the new little icons are really cool how they look glossy and are enlarged a bit. Trying to be (re)clear on my question, Is voting up to the reader of the articles and if so how do I vote?

If you click on an article title, it takes you to the page for the article - then to the left of the article title on the new page, there are little 'up' and 'down' arrows for voting - 'article.evil' is written above the arrows. Just click on one of these arrows to either vote for an article or vote against it - depending on how you feel about the content. Also, articles are added throughout the day, so articles under each heading do in fact change - they aren't being removed, but moved down the list as more articles are added. You can increase, or decrease, the number of articles under each heading under the settings tab on the home page. Hope this helps.

A note: to do all what anart just described, you should make a user first.

hmm.. well thanks for the help Anart/Kiet but I still don't see these things. I registered 2-3 hours ago have closed down Firefox (version 1.??) and restarted it. I got a confirmation e-mail. I don't see the arrows or a settings button and Ctrl+F brought up nothing typing in settings on the main page. Maybe it takes time or maybe I need to reregister. I'm going to wait another day and if nothing I'll reregister.

Maybe I should update firefox.. I just have this thing for one of the (version 1.??) firefox skins. 1,000 thanks and yes it does help. I now know what to look for.

You have to log in to the Signs page before you can view the arrows and/or the settings option.

Thanks beau.. :D I did not notice that little word up there that said login. It seems to have made all the difference.. guess I was outsmarted by the website :) Thanks!

noise said:
Thanks beau.. :D I did not notice that little word up there that said login. It seems to have made all the difference.. guess I was outsmarted by the website :) Thanks!
Hmmm, I'm lgged in and I still don't see them. :/

Hi Shar,

I think you have to log in each time when you get there right now. Guessing, but I imagine it is that perhaps your on cable and your ip may have changed since your last login, or each time you go to the SOTT's site you have to login.

Back
Top Bottom