New Mexico and epigenetics

Kila

Jedi
This is actually two questions.

The first question is:

Is there any significance as to the location Ave Maria, New Mexico.

The second questions is unrelated to the first and it is:

Do mineral deficiencies play a significant role in terms of epigenetics in restructuring DNA, and in particular in the development of psychopathic characteristics?

Is/has DNA been systematically restructured, modified to better acommodate STS energy by means of nutrition/diet, and specifically a diet high in carbohydrates?

What role does a high carbohydrate diet have in the development of psychopathy?

If DNA has been systematically altered over multiple generations by means of dietary changes, what characteristics were suppressed and which characteristics were enhanced?

Is the alteration of DNA being further accomplished and refined by means of GMO foods?

Can these genetic alterations be undone, so to speak, by dietary changes over the course of multiple generations, and if so, how many generations?

http://www.mukto-mona.com/Special_Event_/Darwin_day/evolution_asim120206.htm

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/life-science/molecular-biology/epigenetics/learning-center/epigenetics-publications.html

Rare Earths By Dr. Joel D. Wallach, DVM, ND and Ma Lan MD MS

Hi Kila,
Looks like more than two questions. ;)

For your first question, there is nothing specific about Ave Maria but for New Mexico here is a relevant quote. Another quote from Session 941009;
Session 941009 said:
Q: (L) Are there alien bases in the United States?
A: Yes. New Mexico, Colorado, Off Florida, Appalachia, California.
Q: (L) Are these underground bases?
A: Yes. Also under water.

As far as DNA and the related questions, the topic "Another Hit for the Cassiopaeans - DNA" has some info. In particular there is a quote below which seems relevant;
Session 961221 said:
Q: (A) Are there some particular DNA sequences that facilitate transmission between densities?
A: Addition of strands.
Q: (L) How do you get added strands?
A: You don't get, you receive.
Q: (L) Where are they received from?
A: Interaction with upcoming wave, if vibration is aligned.
This thread has more info about DNA.

Kila said:
Is the alteration of DNA being further accomplished and refined by means of GMO foods?
I certainly think so. Here is one relevant thread. Do a Search for GMO to find more info.

Data has addressed a few points, but just to add...

Kila said:
This is actually two questions.

The first question is:

Is there any significance as to the location Ave Maria, New Mexico.

The way this question is phrased is really vague. Sure, there is significance to Ave Maria, NM, to those who live there. What do you mean by significance?

kila said:
The second questions is unrelated to the first and it is:

Do mineral deficiencies play a significant role in terms of epigenetics in restructuring DNA,

Possibly, as the C's have referenced mineral supplemental on more than one occasion.

kila said:
and in particular in the development of psychopathic characteristics?

Not sure how they would answer that since it is also a vague question. 'Psychopathic characteristics' are evidenced by about 95% of Western society, in one way or another. It's ponerogenesis at work.

kila said:
What role does a high carbohydrate diet have in the development of psychopathy?

Just a note that one does not really 'develop' psychopathy. If you've read Political Ponerology, this concept is clarified a bit there. Essential psychopathy is a genetic trait - one is born an essential psychopath. There are also other psychopathic traits that can be evidenced due to brain trauma (Characteropathies) - and psychopathic or pathological behavior that can be due to upbringing/trauma/ponerogenesis.

I'm not attempting to answer all your questions - just wanted to clarify those points, fwiw.

Bluelamp said:
anart said:
Data has addressed a few points, but just to add...
or some other science officer :)

LOL! I'm sorry, Vulcan! Ahhhh -- :lol: -- I adore Science Officers, so much that I've taken to referring to them as one mind... Won't happen again.

The way this question is phrased is really vague. Sure, there is significance to Ave Maria, NM, to those who live there. What do you mean by significance?

I was trying not to be overly specific to avoid clouding the water so to speak. I was referring to a dream I had which I posted on the dreams thread.

I also had another dream later where I was told and shown something like a holographic map of the area and told to go to a place called Ave Maria. As it turns out there was a settlement by that name during the early part of the last century. The last record I could dig up was in the 1920's when the last post office was in operation. From what I can determine this place was somewhere around Tierra Amarillo and Chama. I was told to go there. My feeling was not so much that it was a safe place in a physical way but rather it had spiritual significance. I also had the impression at the time that it was some sort of doorway. I had the impression that the earth was pulling apart sort of like an onion and that depending on where you were standing you could end up in an entirely different world.

Not sure how they would answer that since it is also a vague question. 'Psychopathic characteristics' are evidenced by about 95% of Western society, in one way or another. It's ponerogenesis at work.

I haven't yet read Political Ponerology (I'm working through the psych big 5). Even without having read the material on ponerology, I have long wondered what creates a society where psychosis is so widespread. The reading I have done leads me to consider that there is a biological link. I would agree that it is genetic. The somewhat new science of epigenetics presents us with, as of yet, unconsidered possibilities, particularly in the area of nutrition. Various controlled studies have shown that nutritional status, particularly in utero, creates changes in DNA. Not mere mutations but inheritable traits. Genetics appear a lot more malleable that was once thought. When I combine that interesting puzzle piece with what I do know about orthomolecular nutrition and the effects of diets high in carbohydrates(mineral leaching, inflammatory states, metabolic syndrome etc) and then combine that with what is known regarding certain psychosis that respond well to nutritional therapy like schizophrenia with the fact that all known civilizations are based on exactly such a diet and also show a high incidence of psychosis, particularly psychopathy, it does make me go hmmmmm.

I could post a thread on this somewhere else with sources if there is interest. But to start I did post some links regarding epigenetics in general and some interesting studies.

Essentially, I am wondering if there is another piece to the puzzle of psychopathy, beyond just the luck of the genetic draw. In other words if our goal is to reduce psychopathy we may need to consider more than Darwinian selection. If certain deficiencies could lead to the genetic alterations leading to psychopathy then reproductive strategies are in order. It is interesting that there appears to be a bit of this understanding among primitive people. In that most hunter and gatherer people and many horticulturalists had specific nutritionally dense foods reserved for young girls (and sometimes young boys as well) that they ate after their first menses and before marriage, and then once again during pregnancy. As if they were feeding them up, as we used to say on the farm about the young dairy animals, before their first breeding.
I agree with the necessity in preventing psychopaths from reproducing, to pull out the weeds so to speak, we may need to also consider that the seeds are long lived and reside within us all, just waiting to be triggered.

Here are a few of the salient points from the article I linked to in my first post.

Thus genes carry the blueprints to make proteins in the cell. Every cell in the body has the same genetic information; what makes cells, tissues and organs different is that different sets of genes are turned on or expressed. More evidence has supported the view that inheritance is not just about which genes we inherit but whether these are switched on or off is a whole new frontier in biology. It raises questions with huge implications, and means the investigation is on to find what sort of environmental (such as gene-nutrients or other chemicals interactions) effects can affect these switches in evolutionary processes. Such non-DNA based forms of heritable variations have been reported to change the way in which genes are expressed or maintained. This epigenetic inheritance is the transmission of information from a cell or multi-cellular organism to its descendants without that information being encoded in the nucleotide sequence of the gene......If this were shown to be the case, then some instances of evolution would lie outside of the typical Darwinian framework, which avoids any connection between environmental signals and the production of heritable variation.

A pregnant woman's dietary deficits increase her offspring's risk of diabetes, stroke and heart disease later in life. These startling scientific discoveries illuminate the emerging field of epigenetics, in which single nutrients, toxins, behaviors or environmental exposures of any sort can silence or activate a gene without altering its genetic code in any way.

Fleeting exposure to anything that influences methylation patterns during development can change the animal or person for a lifetime. Methyl groups are entirely derived from the foods people eat (folate, methionine, vitamin B12, selenium, Zinc, vitamin A, whereas alcohol, arsenic etc have negative effects). Our current understanding of genomic imprinting indicates that imprinting centres are differentially marked by DNA methylation (and probably, chromatin modifications) during gametogenesis. This phase of establishment of epigenetic settings is preceded by an erasure phase, where the settings inherited from the previous generation are erased in primordial germ cells.

Epigenetics represents a huge opportunity to study an alternative pathway that explains why individuals respond differently to environmental signals. For example, why does one identical twin develop schizophrenia and not the other? Why do certain disease genes seem to affect some people more than others? Why do complex diseases like autism turn up in more boys than girls? For answers, epigeneticists are looking at biological mechanisms other than mutation that affect how genes function.. The genes on one of the two X chromosomes in each female cell are silenced by methylation (dosage). Darwin's theory, though it succeeded in profoundly shaking scientific opinion regarding the development of life, could not explain the source of variation in traits within a species. There are different patterns of gene activity in humans that are the consequences of different epigenetic influences; these definitely induce differences in development of the body, and may bias the development of the brain in various subtle ways, but any intrinsic biological differences in the operation of the adult brain are also influenced by social and cultural factors.

Nutrition is one of the most important players in the epigenetic repertoire. For example, maternal diet during pregnancy is very important in fetal development but in ways that are not yet fully understood. The maternal reproductive tract, arguably, is the environment most critical to the developing mammalian embryo. Its metabolic and physiologic characteristics modulate the zygote's development through all embryonic stages until birth. Indeed, the conditions in the embryo's immediate milieu seem to determine many characteristics and susceptibilities of the adult organism.

With the help of some obese yellow mice, we now know how mother's diet can permanently alter the functioning of genes in her offspring without changing the genes themselves. The epigenetic state of the the agouti viable yellow locus, containing a gene contributing to coat colour in mice can be manipulated by latering the diet of the pregnant female. The unusual strain of mouse carries a kind of trigger near the gene that determines not only the colour of its coat but also its predisposition to obesity, diabetes and cancer. When pregnant mice were fed extra vitamins and supplements, the supplements interacted with the trigger in the fetal mice and shut down the gene. As a result, obese yellow mothers gave birth to standard brown baby mice that grew up lean and healthy. The research is a milestone in the relatively new science of epigenetics, the study of how environmental factors like diet, stress and maternal nutrition can change gene function without altering the DNA sequence in any way. Such factors have been shown to play a role in cancer, stroke, diabetes, schizophrenia, manic depression and other diseases as well as in shaping behavioral traits in offspring. A Dutch famine near the end of World War II led to an increased incidence of schizophrenia in adults who had been food-deprived during the first trimester of their mothers' pregnancy. Malnourishment among pregnant women in the South during the Civil War and the Depression has been proposed as an explanation for the high incidence of stroke among subsequent generations.

And thank you Vulcan I did read the thread on GMO while I was searching for epigenetics.

Kila said:
I haven't yet read Political Ponerology (I'm working through the psych big 5). Even without having read the material on ponerology, I have long wondered what creates a society where psychosis is so widespread.

Hi Kila, just wanted to point out that I think the word you meant is "psychopathology", not "psychosis". Psychosis is a state of a complete disconnect with consensual reality, as in states of paranoid schizophrenia, for example. Psychotics are often institutionalized and it's obvious they are suffering severe mental illness. Psychopathology in general is not so extreme. As for epienetics and psychopathy, that is definitely a possibility. In the FOTCM Principles we hypothesize that the emergence of psychopathy was basically an epigenetic event: cometary bombardment caused changes in DNA which were then passed on to children, eventually giving rise to psychopaths in human populations. It's just an hypothesis, so research needs to be done, of course.

Hi Kila, just wanted to point out that I think the word you meant is "psychopathology", not "psychosis". Psychosis is a state of a complete disconnect with consensual reality, as in states of paranoid schizophrenia, for example. Psychotics are often institutionalized and it's obvious they are suffering severe mental illness. Psychopathology in general is not so extreme.

Thank you for that clarification.

In the FOTCM Principles we hypothesize that the emergence of psychopathy was basically an epigenetic event: cometary bombardment caused changes in DNA which were then passed on to children, eventually giving rise to psychopaths in human populations. It's just an hypothesis, so research needs to be done, of course.

Interesting hypothesis. So, I suppose my question would then be, as another possibility to consider, where more research could be done, whether the above mentioned changes were propelled the advent of agriculture. If the radical change in dietary habits and consequent widespread nutritional deficiencies were responsible for genetic mutations leading to psychopathology?

Hi Kila,

Very interesting questions. I guess my question regarding the epigenetics and psychopathology would be how can one determine such epigenetic modifications or mutations on an individual basis. What I mean is, one of the main principles of FOTCM is bringing back techno-sprituality that was known by ancients, I think there could be such a method for genetic analysis of individuals in the society. This method can also provide knowledge about that person's tendencies, talents, predispositions and even his/her proper diet which is about your question: Role of diet in epigenetics of psychopathology.

I wonder if such a method can be developed and what can be done to accomplish such a thing in our current environment. I personally think that would cover more bases and we can find answers by ourselves this way, imho.

I spent a week in September in the region of Chama. The locals are trying to organize into a grassroots community. There are large doors in some of the mountain faces of the Sangre De Cristo range which the Chama River Valley lies south of. They look to be made of steel, look like blast doors (easy to see through a spotting scope). There is a huge magpie population, and a lot of tourists. If you are going to this area, get to know the magpies.

Back
Top Bottom