New Scientist Magazine is a politically controlled Propaganda Rag

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
I've been increasingly unhappy with the material put together in New Scientist and today, after finishing the book I created a post about a few minutes ago: "Genetic Entropy", I picked up the new New Scientist that came in the mail today. What do I read on the cover?

The You Delusion why your sense of self is just a trick of the mind.

This follows on from Damasios' attempt to describe a theory of consciousness that depends entirely on evolution which I hope everyone has read by now for the useful insights it does give, but not taking it too seriously in regards to the mind (The Strange Order of Things).

Sanford is right: The Primary Axiom rules academia, it is behind post-modernism, and at the same time, post-modernism is a manifestation of the deteriorating human genome!!! So is New Scientist. I'll not be renewing the subscription.

I used to be a subscriber to it too, but cancelled a few years back, as in between intertesting articles, more and more politically motivated articles were creeping in, most notably on the anthopogenic global warming (AGW) scam. Sad, because I generally enjoyed reading what was going on in the world of science in a readable und understandable format - as opposed to the journal Science, where 90% of all articles are so subspecialized that even a fairly scientifically informed reader has no idea what the author is trying to say.

I used to be a subscriber to it too, but cancelled a few years back, as in between intertesting articles, more and more politically motivated articles were creeping in, most notably on the anthopogenic global warming (AGW) scam. Sad, because I generally enjoyed reading what was going on in the world of science in a readable und understandable format - as opposed to the journal Science, where 90% of all articles are so subspecialized that even a fairly scientifically informed reader has no idea what the author is trying to say.

Yup. And nowadays it isn't just the junk science on global warming they are promoting, they have branched off into gender issues now and again as well. It's no longer worth the effort to read and weed.

Back
Top Bottom