Odin the Dog Protects His Flock

THanks for posting this story.
I caught this story last night while making dinner and listening to public radio. They interviewed the owner and had me grieving with the retelling of his fear and angst of having to leave Odin and the goats behind due to the encroaching firestorm. The owner, Roland, felt that Odin wasn't going to leave his post; the goat's safety was his life's purpose! The interview quickly revealed the miracle survival of Odin and ALL of the goats, singed but safe.
So remarkable, good boy Odin! :love:

Laura said:
Critters really are amazing. Just amazing.

I was thinking of you and your protective, loving doggies when I posted this. Really brought a tear to my eye. Lots of stories out there regarding animals being rescued; not so much being the rescuer as was the case with Odin.

We've got a family and my sister-in-law staying with us here in Sonoma County. The fire east of us is pretty much contained. Barring any more warm winds sweeping down the mountain towards our neighborhood, we feel relatively safe. Our guests have lost their homes. I know of 2 others whose homes are gone. One person went back to search for their cat that got lost that evening/morning of the fire more than a week ago. They were more saddened by their pet perishing than loss of home and stuff. :(

Sadness all around, along with amazing stories of survival and rethinking of what's important in this life.

What a brave fearless dog, a very special one! He knew he had to stay and do his job, loving the goats at what could have been his own expense!

How gentleman is this dog! How honorable, valient and caring. A real protector. Good Odin!

Thanks NormaRegula for posting this story.

Back
Top Bottom