Organic Portals: Human variation

"encounters in perpetuity" or the signs of the times?

EXISTENCE : Définition de EXISTENCE

A. - The fact of existence.
1. Cultivated language, PHILOS. (The word is taken in its widest extension) Philosophy(s) of existence; consciousness, sense of existence; affirm, believe in, prove the existence of God. His[Malebranch's] doctrine of the indemonstrability of the existence of the outside world (Gilson, Espr. philos. medieval, 1931, p. 15):
1. Death having no real existence, death being non-being, only enters the world and into us through knowledge. P. Leroux, Humanity, t. 2, 1840, p. 542.
- In particular. Existentialist philosophy;[p. opposed to essence] Individual, current, unique and contingent reality. Concrete existence, lived:
2. The atheistic existentialism, which I represent, is more coherent[than the atheism of the eighteenth century]. He declares that if God does not exist, there is at least the being in whom existence precedes essence, a being that exists before it can be defined by any concept, and that this being is man or, says Heidegger, human reality. What does it mean here that existence precedes essence? This means that man exists first, meets himself, emerges in the world, and then defines himself. Sartre, Existent. 1946, p. 21.
- Existence judgment for opposites to value judgment (cf. existential judgment). (The) dilemma that makes existence either a predicate or a kind of ontological quality that would be added from outside the existing. - Only the intervention of thought therefore substitutes the notion of a judgment of existence relating to an object for the irreducible position of a given given as existing (Marcel, Journal,1914, p. 25).
- Moral, physical existence. Dimension morale, physique de l'existence (cf. G. Gusdorf, Traité de l'existence morale, Paris, A. Colin, 1949).
- Expr. to be convinced of sb. as well as of your own existence:
3. This doubt refreshed Maurice's senses: a dark cloud rose from his face and for a moment revealed only peaceful and benevolent features. - Be convinced as of your existence," he said frankly, "that I heard laughing and talking yesterday in Edouard's pavilion. Gozlan, Notary,1836, p. 168.
- Spec, MATH. Theorem of existence. Theorem that affirms the existence of an element of a given set with a given property (cf. Hist. gen. sc., t. 3, vol. 1, 1961, p. 60).
2. Court. The fact that something or someone meets in a given place or time.

it caught my attention, maybe it represents the "state" of our collective memory/consciousness; like a hard disk. (?)

1546383554717.png
perhaps a connection with " sectors of thought ", connection to sects?

Im coming round to the thought (no pun!) that Existence vs Non-existence is an absolutely "all or nothing" affair. Either existence exists absolutely, or non-existence NOT exist absolutely! Its absolutely ALL of one or absolutely ALL of the other. Since we DO exist (even if illusory) therefor it stands to reason absolute Existence is ALL there is, has, and will be - and Non-existence isn't, hasn't, and will never 'be'.

"self-knowledge should lead us to become aware of "non-existence" as a lesson, returning to living in gravity." Doesn't that mean the same thing somewhere?

"self-knowledge should lead us to become aware of "non-existence" as a lesson, returning to living in gravity." Doesn't that mean the same thing somewhere?

relativity would have meaning, religion.
and the "movement" is done in the opposite direction, radiation.
(?)

THEORY OF INFORMATION The average amount of information attributable to a message composed of a set of signals, representing the degree of uncertainty at which each signal appears (according to Piedon 1963, Ling 1972). Information is entropy with the opposite sign (Ruyer, Cybernetics, 1954, p. 46).

Hi Yumi,
This is completely :offtopic: but would you be able to provide a link to the crop circle image you posted? It has a remarkable resemblence to a piece of artwork created by Jordan Peterson. I would like to cross post it on his thread, but google image searches have come up empty. I'm super curious as to when and where it was formed.

Thanks a bunch!

it caught my attention, maybe it represents the "state" of our collective memory/consciousness; like a hard disk. (?)
View attachment 28806
perhaps a connection with " sectors of thought ", connection to sects?

regarding the forum, is it normal that the posting time of some posts changes along the way?
and if so, how is that possible?

regarding the forum, is it normal that the posting time of some posts changes along the way?
and if so, how is that possible?

Maybe ask in the 'New Forum Software' thread with giving a bit more information and/or searching that thread since similar things have been discussed there. Maybe you see a different time depending on if you're logged in or not because then your timezone setting could be different in each case.

Maybe ask in the 'New Forum Software' thread with giving a bit more information and/or searching that thread since similar things have been discussed there. Maybe you see a different time depending on if you're logged in or not because then your timezone setting could be different in each case.
I sometimes use a vpn, via Switzerland, and for reasons other than this forum; but I don't see how that would have any connection. I thought maybe someone was trying to change the past, hide signs...
... let's pretend like nothing happened.
:whistle:

concerning the post above, when I'm in, it's 11:14 AM, when I'm out, it's 12:14 PM; that's 1 hour round difference; the "anomalies" I was thinking about concern the minutes, to check, but it's probably not important.
thanks!

"self-knowledge should lead us to become aware of "non-existence" as a lesson, returning to living in gravity."
If gravity is all that 'is' being the fundamental ingredient of all existence, then how can something "return" to living in it? Or have I misunderstood you?

Part II of the Reddit vs. 4chan NPC rabbit hole. Last year it was inner speech. Now it's inner imagery. It seems a lot of people on reddit didn't know that it was possible to visualize:

Below are artistic depictions of reddit NPCs that I’ve come across from both 4chan and Facebook, which I find to be eerily accurate and well done:

E48D976B-DF86-45BF-99EC-D00E8F0C71F1.jpeg

CD1EE6D9-0A58-48F3-8B15-CD6063EDE2B3.png

Note the lack of facial grooming and wide mouthed, gaping grins.

With this appearance is an unyielding allegiance to whatever pseudo liberal groupthink is in style at the time.

Back
Top Bottom