Personal Steps to move toward STO polarization

Cyre2067

The Living Force
- No Lieing, redefine: No lieing at all, ever, for whatever reason (immediately the predator spawns numerous possible circumstances where lieing would be beneficial, cops, military, etc.)
- No Self-Pleasure, aka reveling in physicality: No weed/drugs of any kind. Junk food, cigs, alcohol in moderation, eventually eliminate anything that is not nutritious for the body.
- No expectations
- No desire to change anyone or anything
- No sexual activity unless reciprocal emotional energy (love) is flowing back and forth, equally.
- No unnecessary speeding
- Engage in creative activities in free time (read, excercise, discussion)
- Do all that is asked if asking is genuine (no response expected over another, test with a "No" and observe their response if unsure)

Comments appreciated, additions welcome if they aren't already covered.

Cyre2067 said:
- No Lieing, redefine: No lieing at all, ever, for whatever reason (immediately the predator spawns numerous possible circumstances where lieing would be beneficial, cops, military, etc.)
- No Self-Pleasure, aka reveling in physicality: No weed/drugs of any kind. Junk food, cigs, alcohol in moderation, eventually eliminate anything that is not nutritious for the body.
- No expectations
- No desire to change anyone or anything
- No sexual activity unless reciprocal emotional energy (love) is flowing back and forth, equally.
- No unnecessary speeding
- Engage in creative activities in free time (read, excercise, discussion)
- Do all that is asked if asking is genuine (no response expected over another, test with a "No" and observe their response if unsure)

Comments appreciated, additions welcome if they aren't already covered.
Maybe something about balance should be mentioned? Working with reality instead of against it? The "why" is more important than the "what"?

I don't think you need to get rid of all of these actions. There is nothing wrong with coming hom from work and having a cigarette or a beer if you want. As long as you keep your activities to a relative moderation. And remember, sometimes it can be beneficial to NOT tell the truth at times. Sincerity with everyone is a weakness...

This reads like you want to live the life of The Monk. Try to gradually work yourself up to eliminating all these actions if you wish. Trying to do it all at once, right away, may be too much too soon.

Lose self-importance, the idea that you are owed something because you're more special than other people. Don't work just for yourself, work for all, don't place yourself ahead or after others.

Don't force it, that doesn't work. You have to see that the above is basically the smartest way to be, you have to know that any other way is to the detriment of the universe.

It should also be noted that the C's said that you can't be STO while you are STS, it seems to me that its like cleaning mud from yourself, but while we are STS we can't fully do that - we're IN the mud already, and we can't help getting dirty as soon as we clean ourselves. All we can do is strive. The hope is that in 5th density there is a way to clean yourself entirely. In this density we build up the will to do that, so that when we get the chance, the mud can be shed with full intent backed by knowledge and understanding. Thats what I think anyway.

Russ said:
Don't force it, that doesn't work. You have to see that the above is basically the smartest way to be, you have to know that any other way is to the detriment of the universe.
I'm not sure about that - I think the Universe will probably be just fine whatever happens to us, doesn't this imply self importance of humanity?

Better to spend that energy you propose to exert shutting the world out on the one STS activity that can actually bootstrap you out: gaining knowledge. You obviously have a LOT of reading to do just to get started...

"How can we recognize people who are able to come to the work?" asked one of those present.

"How to recognize them is another question," said G. "To do this it is necessary to a certain extent 'to be.' But before speaking of this we must establish what kind of people are able to come to the work and what kind are not able.

"You must understand that a man should have, first, a certain preparation, certain luggage. He should know what it is possible to know through ordinary channels about the ideas of esotericism, about hidden knowledge, about possibilities of the inner evolution of man, and so on. What I mean is that these ideas ought not to appear to him as something entirely new. Otherwise it is difficult to speak to him.

"It is useful also if he has at least some scientific or philosophical preparation.

"If a man has a good knowledge of religion, this can also be useful. But if he is tied to religious forms and has no understanding of their essence, he will find it very difficult.

"In general, if a man knows but little, has read but little, has thought but little, it is difficult to talk to him.

"If he has a good essence there is another way for him without any talks at all, but in this case he has to be obedient, he has to give up his will. And he has to come to this also in some way or other.

"It can be said that there is one general rule for everybody. In order to approach this system seriously, people must be disappointed, first of all in themselves, that is to say, in their powers, and secondly in all the old ways.

"A man cannot feel what is most valuable in the system unless he is disappointed in what he has been doing, disappointed in what he has been searching for

"If he is a scientist he should be disappointed in his science

"If he is a religious man he should be disappointed in his religion

"If he is a politician he should be disappointed in politics

"If he is a philosopher he should be disappointed in philosophy

"If he is a theosophist he should be disappointed in theosophy

"If he is an occultist he should be disappointed in occultism. And so on.

"But you must understand what this means. I say for instance that a religious man should be disappointed in religion. This does not mean that he should lose his faith. On the contrary, it means being 'disappointed' in the teaching and the methods only, realizing that the religious teaching he knows is not enough for him, can lead him nowhere.

"All religious teachings, excepting of course the completely degenerated religions of savages and the invented religions and sects of modern times, consist of two parts, the visible and the hidden.

"To be disappointed in religion means being disappointed in the visible, and to feel the necessity for finding the hidden and unknown part of religion.

"To be disappointed in science does not mean losing interest in knowledge. It means being convinced that the usual scientific methods are not only useless but lead to the construction of absurd and self contradictory theories, and, having become convinced of this, to begin to search for others.

"To be disappointed in philosophy means being convinced that ordinary philosophy is merely - as it is said in the Russian proverb - pouring from one empty vessel into another, and that people do not even know what philosophy means although true philosophy also can and should exist.

"To be disappointed in occultism does not mean losing faith in the miraculous, it is merely being convinced that ordinary, accessible, and even advertised occultism, under whatever name it may pass, is simply charlatanism and self deception and that, although somewhere something does exist, everything that man knows or is able to learn in the ordinary way is not what he needs.

"So that, no matter what he used to do before, no matter what used to interest him, if a man has arrived at this state of disappointment in ways that are possible and accessible, it is worth while speaking to him about our system and then he may come to the work.

"But if he continues to think that he is able to find anything on his former way, or that he has not as yet tried all the ways, or that he can, by himself, find anything or do anything, it means that he is not ready.

"I do not mean that he must throw up everything he used to do before. This is entirely unnecessary.

"On the contrary, it is often even better if he continues to do what he used to do. But he must realize that it is only a profession, or a habit, or a necessity. In this case it is another matter, he will then be able not to 'identify'.

"There is only one thing incompatible with work and that is 'professional occultism,' in other words, professional charlatanism.

"All these spiritualists, healers, clairvoyants, and so on, or even people closely connected with them, are none of them any good to us. And you must always remember this and take care not to tell them much because everything they learn from you they might use for their own purposes, that is, to make fools of other people.

'There are still other categories which are no good but we will speak of them later. In the meantime remember one thing only: A man must be sufficiently disappointed in ordinary ways and he must at the same time think or be able to accept the idea that there may be something - somewhere.

"If you should speak to such a man, he might discern the flavor of truth in what you say no matter how clumsily you might speak. But if you should speak to a man who is convinced about something else, everything you say will sound absurd to him and he will never even listen to you seriously. It is not worth while wasting time on him.

"This system is for those who have already sought and have burned themselves. Those who have not sought and who are not seeking do not need it. And those who have not yet burned themselves do not need it either."

"But this is not what people begin with," said one of our company. "They ask: Do we admit the existence of the ether? Or how do we look on evolution? Or why do we not believe in progress? Or why do we not think that people can and should organize life on the basis of justice and the common good? And things of this sort."

"All questions are good," said G., "and you can begin from any question if only it is sincere. You understand that what I mean is that this very question about ether or about progress or about the common good could be asked by a man simply in order to say something, or to repeat what someone else has said or what he has read in some book, and on the other hand he could ask it because this is the question with which he aches. If it is an aching question for him you can give him an answer and you can bring him to the system through any question whatever. But it is necessary for the question to be an aching one."

Perhaps i should clarify, they are guidelines but semi-solid. For me, certain drugs induce further STS activity and im gradually learning to distinguish STO from STS choices. I'm starting the 4th wave book, finished the adventure series, almost done In Search, and read maybe 20% of the material on the site. The more i read, the more i can implement the activity in my daily life.

Perhaps the no lieing ever was a bad idea, im not sure yet, however it seems the more honest i am with others the more i can be with myself. Little lies told to others make it easier to tell the same to myself.

Weed and/or other drugs also induce problems for me, individually, and have the tendency to drain me of any energy i've accumulated through working. Ergo, for myself eliminating them entirely this point forward seems to be the most energy-building activity.

Junk food, cigs, and alcohol don't seem to have the same effect, nevertheless they should be enjoyed only in moderation, and only I know what the level of moderation is for myself, as is true for any other individual. The reason i state this is mostly due to how i feel when i see, or enjoy them, its a pull, almost gravity-like, and when i partake i find self-ob occuring almost automatically as if "this is something you need to see".

No expectations nor having a desire to change anything other then myself is pure STO, if i am wrong about this then please clarify as it seems to be one of the points iterated over and over in the literature.

Sex for me, to this point, has mostly been self-gratification. From what i've read, it seems that used as such is mis-use. Correct me if im wrong.

Speeding is another thing i do for purposes of self-gratification(in my car its fun as hell), sometimes excessively, its more of a mental check on myself thou lately i've been pretty good at speeding only when appropriate (its safe).

The last two points i've also gathered from the reading, and it seems that they are key points to accessing creative potential, again i can't see how they could be wrong.

Edit: Thanks for the comments, most appreciated. And Laura i admit you are correct, gaining knowledge is the most important step, but it seems certain activities interfere, and that is why i developed these guidelines. And from reading the wave series and other literature STO seems to have a "theme" about it and im attempting to identify and further polarize myself toward that dynamic.

Your explanations gave me some relief. I understand now. Better put Mouravieff on the list. Also MAJORLY important: "Trapped in the Mirror," "The Mask of Sanity," "The Sociopath Next Door," "In Sheep's Clothing," "Unholy Hungers," and of course, Ponerology and Secret History.

Self-pity and its twin self-importance seem major threats.

It is quite natural to have an excessive reaction. After years of "normal" life, one suddenly sees thoses past behaviours that he considers as materiality excesses : so much sex, so many drugs, so many lies,... then he "compensates" and embraces an apparent ascetism by sacrificing what he considers as his matter dimension : no sex, no cigarette, no drug, no lies,...

Both are excesses. Temperance might be a key. Finally all those things are not totally good or totally bad. It is the way the individual deals with those activities that will give a real meaning to them and to him.

Ben said:
Russ said:
I'm not sure about that - I think the Universe will probably be just fine whatever happens to us, doesn't this imply self importance of humanity?
I don't think so, I think it just acknowledges that what we (not just humans but life in general) do can have an affect on how things turn out. You know about the saying where a butterfly flaps its wings on one side of the planet, and on the other side that action has caused a hurricane? Its like that I think. Human beings in themselves may not see that they have much of an effect in their awareness/perception, but how they act can have more of an effect than we think, since we are part of the whole. In the end, working for all is the best option, given that even you say its only a probability that the universe would be fine whatever happens to us. I would say though, its more about what we do, rather than what happens to us.

Cyre2067 said:
Perhaps the no lieing ever was a bad idea, im not sure yet, however it seems the more honest i am with others the more i can be with myself. Little lies told to others make it easier to tell the same to myself.
To do everything consciously. It probably isn't possible to get through a day without lying. But I can be fully aware of what I am doing and why. If a lie must be told then at least do it "honestly".

Russ said:
I don't think so, I think it just acknowledges that what we (not just humans but life in general) do can have an affect on how things turn out. You know about the saying where a butterfly flaps its wings on one side of the planet, and on the other side that action has caused a hurricane? Its like that I think. Human beings in themselves may not see that they have much of an effect in their awareness/perception, but how they act can have more of an effect than we think, since we are part of the whole. In the end, working for all is the best option, given that even you say its only a probability that the universe would be fine whatever happens to us. I would say though, its more about what we do, rather than what happens to us.
Sure, I agree with that. What I disagreed with is that it would be to the detriment of the Universe if we did not choose to try and polarise towards STO. If free will is paramount, then both STS and STO are neccessarily valid choices rather than weighted decisions. Supposedly we are involved in just one of countless dramas involving the dynamic between these polarities being played out across the Universe, and all are lessons. I don't really see how anything could be of 'detriment' to the Universe, unless you subjectively define this as a decrease in the number of beings which ascend to 4D STO at the end of the current cycle.

I believe we can have a massive effect, or there isn't much point in all this. I also believe that the 'all blinks at neither the darkness nor the light'.

ben said:
What I disagreed with is that it would be to the detriment of the Universe if we did not choose to try and polarise towards STO
Well, STO seems to exist to stop the entropy from getting to a stage where it reaches the point of no return. So, it would be true in a way that STS is not actually detrimental to the universe, but in some ways, it is - its just that STO stops it from happenning. I don't mean forcefully stopping, but just by "being there".

So basically, maybe being STS can't be detrimental, but by its nature it seems to be a detrimental type of force. If STS were left by itself, the universe would probably decend into chaos. All I mean really, is that I don't *know* that STO exists, I don't know that its even there. And so, the best option I can see is to learn as much as possible, and to share it with others, because even STS doesn't really seem to want the universe to decend into chaos, it just doesn't know any better.

Russ said:
Well, STO seems to exist to stop the entropy from getting to a stage where it reaches the point of no return. So, it would be true in a way that STS is not actually detrimental to the universe, but in some ways, it is - its just that STO stops it from happenning. I don't mean forcefully stopping, but just by "being there".
Well, what I really mean is: will the Universe become unbalanced if WE do not progress to 4th density STO, is there a limit on how balance can be achieved considering that we are supposedly one tiny aspect of the creation? Also, true STS does not exist beyond 5th density, so could it ever lead to entropy which is to the detriment of the whole balance?

It reminds me of the Cs describing "reality" in the 7th density. I don't remember the exact parable but globally they presented this reality by describing a pot of paint (7th density "reality") where you mix white paint (STO entities and dynamics) and black paint (STS dynamics and entities). Btw, after the first rotation, the paint surface should be quite similar to the Yin / Yang symbol. At this 7th density level, STO and STS are simply the two consubstantial components of the ultimate reality/duality.

In our 3dr level of density, through the use (or non use) of our free will, we can become either a white paint atom or a black paint atom. Though at the 7th level, black and white atoms are "neutral" components, at our level they represent the only real choice and carry an essential meaning.

Back
Top Bottom