Photography? Anyone?

JessicaNJaz

A Disturbance in the Force
Just wondering if anyone is a photographer, likes or does photography as a hobby. I did search a few pages on here, but only saw a few members posting a picture here and there.

Anyways I thought it would be interesting to see what people on the forum are working on, so please share your work :D

I need to upload my latest pictures and re-organize though

I'm not professional, However, I am always taking pics with my phone; especially of the sky. Very interesting and peculiar things I have snapped a shot of.. As soon as I figure out how to link them here I will share them. Just found this forum and joined. Love you all already?

Nienna

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Hi JessicaNJaz, please introduce yourself in our Newbies board. You don't have to share anything personal, just a bit about how you found the forum, if you've read any of the books or articles written by Laura Knight-Jadczyk, etc. If you're not sure what to write, you can look at some of the other threads on that board to get an idea. :-)

xahyr

Padawan Learner
I'm not professional, However, I am always taking pics with my phone; especially of the sky. Very interesting and peculiar things I have snapped a shot of.. As soon as I figure out how to link them here I will share them. Just found this forum and joined. Love you all already?
07.jpg
This one is a bit old: (Around 2000) taken with 35mm SLR in B&W. Enlarged copy on paper with sepia process in the lab (there were two copies, but a self-respecting photographer only shows his successful works, of course!) 🧐

xahyr

Padawan Learner
Very nice job!
It is not necessary to be a "Professional" photographer. In fact, you just learn the "rules" and then break them!
It helps a little to know the rules of light and how to draw with it: then it's just being attentive to capture an instant.

ScottD

Jedi
Very nice job!
It is not necessary to be a "Professional" photographer. In fact, you just learn the "rules" and then break them!
It helps a little to know the rules of light and how to draw with it: then it's just being attentive to capture an instant.
Thanks! I have some basic knowledge and then I just end up playing with settings until I get what I want. I'm sure in time my experience will lead me to better compositions and better exposures. For now, I am content having fun.

xahyr

Padawan Learner
Thanks! I have some basic knowledge and then I just end up playing with settings until I get what I want. I'm sure in time my experience will lead me to better compositions and better exposures. For now, I am content having fun.
That's right: he who never does anything is never wrong!

Question asker

A Disturbance in the Force
I took these during the eclipse last month. South central texas. The first one I lightened. It looks like a torus around the moon going in both directions.

Attachments

• 79560921-0139-499C-A326-264AD293305E.jpeg
    79560921-0139-499C-A326-264AD293305E.jpeg
    869.8 KB · Views: 9
  • DF93B57F-E184-49B4-88ED-991C5994458A.jpeg
    DF93B57F-E184-49B4-88ED-991C5994458A.jpeg
    8.1 MB · Views: 9
  • B58621D0-F642-4528-8413-75DC0F6D2044.jpeg
    12.6 MB · Views: 7

xahyr

Padawan Learner
I took these during the eclipse last month. South central texas. The first one I lightened. It looks like a torus around the moon going in both directions.
Yes, the effect is very curious. Did you take them in digital format? Maybe it's a filter effect... Four circles are visible. right-left and top-bottom

Top Bottom