Pringles Crop Circle Commercial

knowledge_of_self

The Living Force
Anyone seen it? I can't find any videos for it- but I see it all the time on TV and it annoys me :rolleyes:

For those of you that haven't- it's basically a bunch of happy-go-lucky teens, making crop circles with wooden planks while eating the new multi-grain pringles and the commercial states that the taste of the new pringles is "out of this world"

Pringles_Crop_Circle_Lucy.jpg

Also, found this article while I was searching for the video of it which is even more annoying cause it propagates it even more. :mad:

_http://news.discovery.com/human/mr-pringle-solves-crop-circle-mystery.html

Mr. Pringle Solves Crop Circle Mystery

Analysis by Benjamin Radford
Fri Feb 19, 2010 04:24 PM ET

It’s not every day that the solution to a worldwide “unexplained” mystery appears on prime time television—especially not in service of advertising potato chips.

But a new television ad campaign from Pringles shows a group of fun-loving teens making crop circles and other patterns (including an image of the mustachioed Mr. Pringle), all the while, of course, munching on the delicious new snack! What better way to promote their new Multigrain line of crisps (they are technically not potato chips) than making crop circles in wheat (or grains, get it?).

When I saw the commercial, I immediately recognized their techniques and equipment. In my decade of investigation into unexplained phenomenon, I have made several crop circles. The public’s interest in crop circles peaked around 2002 when the Mel Gibson film Signs came out, and along with two colleagues I conducted field experiments in crop-circle making in a field south of Rochester, New York.

There are many ideas about what create crop circles, from aliens to mysterious vorticies to wind patterns, but all the theories lack one important element: good evidence. The public is largely unaware of the real way that crop circles are made, but the new Pringles commercial blows the lid off the “secret.”

Though many people believe that crop circles have been reported for centuries, in fact they only date back about thirty years. The mysterious circles first appeared in the British countryside, and their origin remained a mystery until September 1991, when two men, Doug Bower and Dave Chorley, confessed that they had created the patterns for decades as a prank to make people think UFOs had landed. They never claimed to have made all the circles—many were copycat pranks done by others—but their hoax was responsible for launching the crop circle phenomena.

How did they do it? With the same techniques and equipment seen in the Pringles commercial: using homemade “stalk stompers” (wooden boards attached to rope) to lay the stalks in one direction. The process is actually pretty straightforward, and not nearly as complicated as many people assume.

It is a proven fact that hoaxers created crop circles—even very complex ones. Some people reject the hoaxing explanation, though no one has ever demonstrated any differences between a “genuine” crop circle and a hoaxed one: they are exactly identical.

The triple-circle crop pattern I designed and helped create was about 120 feet long by 40 feet wide, and took only a few hours from start to finish, including breaks to photograph our results. It might have gone faster if I’d stopped to eat multigrain potato chips.

It is a proven fact that hoaxers created crop circles—even very complex ones. Some people reject the hoaxing explanation, though no one has ever demonstrated any differences between a “genuine” crop circle and a hoaxed one: they are exactly identical.

I think that should be:

It is a proven fact that some hoaxers have created some crop circles—even very complex ones. Some people reject the hoaxing explanation, though official media has never demonstrated any differences between a “genuine” crop circle and a hoaxed one..

This one is on British TV at the moment:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5VQqFnDHaI

Not Pringles, but Specsavers.

It seems there is a concerted effort to discredit crop circles. Or perhaps it's just greed and marketing, which as usual takes anything authentic and turns it into a pale commercial imitation. In 2006 a group of about a dozen people made the Firefox logo into a crop circle in the States. It took them nearly 24 hours, which is quite a bit longer than some reports which mention circles appearing almost instantaneously. You can read a short article about it and watch a video on the making of the Firefox 'crop circle' here.

Mr Pringle said:
Though many people believe that crop circles have been reported for centuries, in fact they only date back about thirty years.

This is just plain wrong. Have a look at this image on Wikipedia. It's the cover of a pamphlet printed in 1678, slightly more than thirty years ago!

And on this page on the How Stuff Works site, we read:

How Stuff Works said:
Farmers have reported finding strange circles in their fields for centuries. The earliest mention of a crop circle dates back to the 1500s. A 17th-century English woodcut shows a devilish creature making a crop circle. People who lived in the area called the creature the "mowing devil."

In an 1880 issue of the journal Nature, amateur scientist John Rand Capron reported on a formation near Guildford, Surrey, in the south of England. He described his finding as "a field of standing wheat considerably knocked about, not as an entirety, but in patches forming, as viewed from a distance, circular spots." He went on to say, "... I could not trace locally any circumstances accounting for the peculiar forms of the patches in the field ... They were suggestive to me of some cyclonic wind action ..."

Mentions of crop circles were sporadic until the 20th century, when circles began appearing in the 1960s and '70s in England and the United States. But the phenomenon didn't gain attention until 1980, when a farmer in Wiltshire County, England, discovered three circles, each about 60 feet (18 meters) across, in his oat crops. UFO researchers and media descended on the farm, and the world first began to learn about crop circles.

So on the one hand the mainstream media are trying to say that crop circles began with Doug and Dave, and on the other hand they are reporting that crop circles have been seen since at least the 16th century. Can't have it both ways!

Added: I just came across this in the session transcript for July 4 2009:

Session 4 July 2009 said:
Q: [ . . . ](Allen) How about the crop circle people {we keep reading about on the net}. Do any of those guys actually make crop circles like they claim?
A: Some, but you can tell the difference.
Q: (J) i.e. they destroy the crops...
A: They also keep watch and post themselves beside "real" ones to take the credit. That is what they are assigned to do.
Q: (A**) Wow. (J) They're just there to create noise and distraction.
A: You can say that again. And {so many people are} so "distractable".

Authors of articles like the one quoted from Discovery News are so ignorant of the objective facts that I wouldn't know where to begin in addressing their folly. Such people will never see the world though a lens that's even remotely objective, because their materialistic programs are so powerful. How sad.

Back
Top Bottom