Psychomantium Mirrors - Past, Present, Future?

Buddy

The Living Force
Wu Wei Wu said:
I am curious as to why you think we'd lose all familiar reference points? I have been thinking about the psychomantium but this thought did not occur to me. If we are self remembering won't we maintain the only true reference point anyways? Or did you mean it in the sense that our assumptions about how the world operates can be 'shattered' at a whole new level?
clerck de bonk said:
Because we are 3d(and sts to top it off) beings.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Granted, "the unknown" comes before "Infinity" in Don Juan's terminology, but once into the unknown, how could one know where Unknown stops and Infinity begins? :)

Besides, Don Juan admitted that all his "lessons" were mere attention traps. Only one thing matters to a warrior--loosening and moving the assemblage point in order to See for himself. For that to happen though, automatic internal dialog has to stop, so that self-image can stop being reinforced (via perpetual self-reflection), so that self-importance can be severely curtailed, so that the possibility of gaining and benefiting from a new perspective can even become possible. In modern terms, that reads like the purpose that our basic recommended psychology material and networking serves.

Wu Wei Wu

Jedi Master
Touche, I see what you mean. The difference between 0 and infinity would leave one without reference points, indeed.

Buddy I can't say I've read all that much Castaneda yet, to my loss. I will read more of the recommended psychology material to get a better grip on what your saying, because I think I'm missing something.

Buddy

The Living Force
Wu Wei Wu said:
Buddy I can't say I've read all that much Castaneda yet, to my loss.

Well, ATM, there's only two books in the 'other esoterica' category: Active Side of Infinity and The Fire From Within, but, to me, they are awesome...especially the latter.

Wu Wei Wu said:
I will read more of the recommended psychology material to get a better grip on what your saying, because I think I'm missing something.

Well, we are definitely not who we think we are--even from the point of view of our cognitive science section. Seems our system 2 is an impressive confabulator!

JeanSchemit

The Force is Strong With This One
Re: The Psychomantium

Hello,
I just built a psychomantium and have been experimenting with it for the past few weeks. I have not yet seen anything in the mirror, but while sitting in the tent I feel quite peaceful, the atmosphere feels very serene. I was just wondering if it is better to think of one question while sitting and concentrating on that particular question, or is it better to just have a blank mind. I tried meditating with a particular question and also I tried meditating with an open mind. I am using a mirror.

Your feedback will be appreciated. By the way, I hope everyone is having a great holiday. It is already 6pm here in Calgary, but I had my dinner yesterday, we follow a European tradition. Canadian families are having their dinner just about now. I wish I was invited to one of those, I could handle one more dinner full of goodies. I have a confession to make, I seriously did try to stay away from my mom's cookies but could not. I am a weak soul, I know. I will get back to my healthy eating tomorrow, I hope, or monday the latest.

Enjoy your dinners tonight. And don't forget to be extra nice to your members of your families, especially to those difficult one. A few shots of Metaxa will do the trick. It sure helped me be nice to my sister.
So... did you see something ?

Palinurus

The Living Force
So... did you see something ?
You may not have noticed but Mona's post was from December 26, 2009 i.e. almost 13 years ago. Moreover, she hasn't been active on the forum since Augustus 28, 2011 or more than 11 years. Therefore, it seems very unlikely that you would get an answer from her now.

Would you have read (or at least skimmed) the whole thread you would've known that the ensuing discussion strongly discouraged the use of a psychomantium for a variety of reasons and that Mona gradually collapsed under the pressure.

Laura posted a link to a video that still is available for watching, giving a scientific insight into the mechanisms and dangers of viewing beyond the scope of normal reality. Have a look:

Video - 43:57 min.

JeanSchemit

The Force is Strong With This One
You may not have noticed but Mona's post was from December 26, 2009 i.e. almost 13 years ago. Moreover, she hasn't been active on the forum since Augustus 28, 2011 or more than 11 years. Therefore, it seems very unlikely that you would get an answer from her now.

Would you have read (or at least skimmed) the whole thread you would've known that the ensuing discussion strongly discouraged the use of a psychomantium for a variety of reasons and that Mona gradually collapsed under the pressure.

Laura posted a link to a video that still is available for watching, giving a scientific insight into the mechanisms and dangers of viewing beyond the scope of normal reality. Have a look:

Video - 43:57 min.

Thank you for the link, i'm gonna try it in my basement when i'll have some time. :clap:

Top Bottom