Putin giving away free land in the Far East?

Keyhole

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Just stumbled across this article on SOTT :
http://www.sott.net/article/292028-Do-cold-adaptation-and-love-Russia-Now-its-your-chance-to-put-this-love-to-test-Free-land-soon-up-for-grabs-to-every-resident-in-Far-East

Putin backs proposal to give one hectare to each citizen or person willing to move to region in a bid to stimulate economy and boost population.

A total of 614 million hectares of land are currently owned by the state and would effectively be up for grabs in the Far East under the scheme. It could be used for agricultural purposes, for hunting, or as a base for a timber plant or any other business.

The Deputy Prime Minister said: 'We want to propose creating a mechanism of allocating one hectare of land for free to each resident of the Far East and every person wishing to come to the Far East.

If there are Russian members or if there is a Russian FOTCM group(?) who are interested in moving to the Far East it might be a good opportunity :D? It looks wonderful out there, lots of wild animals and the potential to become really self sufficient with little interruptions.

Keyhole said:
If there are Russian members or if there is a Russian FOTCM group(?) who are interested in moving to the Far East it might be a good opportunity :D? It looks wonderful out there, lots of wild animals and the potential to become really self sufficient with little interruptions.

Actually, it's a good idea to keep in mind and follow the news in order to see how the whole thing develops. I was born in what is now Russia, so who knows, especially after I took a look at the maps of the last Ice Age. Maybe other foreigners who want to immigrate can check this out too. I am sure the Russian government will be receptive if the land will be used for raising cattle and pigs, for example, or maybe some other useful purposes. After all, the whole idea is to develop the area.

As for escaping the Ice Age, apparently the glaciers didn't reach this region (image attached). Sure, we all know the stories of baby mammoths being found in permafrost with the grass still green in their stomachs, but apparently Siberia was an unlikely refuge for the wildlife during that time. Here's an article about it in New Scientist.

Ancient DNA from the region paints a picture of remarkably stable animal and plant life in the teeth of plunging temperatures. The findings could help predict how ecosystems will adapt to future climate change.[...]

The samples were extracted from 15,000 to 25,000-year-old frozen sediment in southern Chukotka in north-eastern Siberia. [...]

Fossils and pollen found in these regions suggest they may have acted as a refuge for plants and animals during this time, but Bellemain turned to fungal DNA to get a complete picture of the environment. Many fungi consume plants, and so indicate the plant life around at the time.

Using 23 permafrost cores, Bellemain identified around 40 fungal taxa that thrived during the last ice age. "We didn't expect to find so much," she says.

The diversity of fungi found suggests that a brimming plant community thrived in northern Siberia to support them. This range of plants should also have sustained a diverse assembly of mammals - and the samples indeed contain DNA from woolly rhinoceros (Coelodonta antiquitatis), woolly mammoths (Mammuthus primigenius), reindeer (Rangifer tarandus) and moose (Alces alces) dating back to between 15,000 and 25,000 years ago (Molecular Ecology, DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-294x.2011.05306.x).

Attachments

• earthicemap.jpg
    earthicemap.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 517
Keit said:
Actually, it's a good idea to keep in mind and follow the news in order to see how the whole thing develops. I was born in what is now Russia, so who knows, especially after I took a look at the maps of the last Ice Age. Maybe other foreigners who want to immigrate can check this out too. I am sure the Russian government will be receptive if the land will be used for raising cattle and pigs, for example, or maybe some other useful purposes. After all, the whole idea is to develop the area.

Its such a vast stretch of land and looks absolutely beautiful. It would be good environment to set up a community, out in some of the rural areas of the east raising animals and living off the land and in nature. I'm not sure whether it is just Russian citizens who are being offered this opportunity, and as you said maybe they will open up to foreigners.
Keit said:
As for escaping the Ice Age, apparently the glaciers didn't reach this region (image attached). Sure, we all know the stories of baby mammoths being found in permafrost with the grass still green in their stomachs, but apparently Siberia was an unlikely refuge for the wildlife during that time.
Thanks for the article Keit, I would have actually thought that Siberia would have been one of the worst places to be when the ice age hit. Do you have any idea what the chances are of this coming ice age acting in a similar way and affecting similar areas as it has done in the past?

Seaniebawn said:
I must check out if it's hard to apply for Russian citizenship ;D
Haha, my thoughts exactly ;)

Keyhole said:
Keit said:
As for escaping the Ice Age, apparently the glaciers didn't reach this region (image attached). Sure, we all know the stories of baby mammoths being found in permafrost with the grass still green in their stomachs, but apparently Siberia was an unlikely refuge for the wildlife during that time.
Thanks for the article Keit, I would have actually thought that Siberia would have been one of the worst places to be when the ice age hit. Do you have any idea what the chances are of this coming ice age acting in a similar way and affecting similar areas as it has done in the past?

Seaniebawn said:

No ice sheets?! Siberia is looking more and more inviting. Time to learn balalaika and buy ushanka! Well, that might be a bit premature - Putin and the government are still hammering out the details, it looks like. Might be a while before it goes into effect.

Approaching Infinity said:
Keyhole said:
Keit said:

Seaniebawn said:

No ice sheets?! Siberia is looking more and more inviting. Time to learn balalaika and buy ushanka! Well, that might be a bit premature - Putin and the government are still hammering out the details, it looks like. Might be a while before it goes into effect.
Even if not covered in glaciers it seems as if this would be a tough climate to adapt to. That being said, 'free' land is tempting and, perhaps, a network of individuals may fare well there. I admit to being a bit hopeful about this... I imagine it would take some resources to make it work though; one can't just up and move into this icy climate willy-nilly.

Keyhole said:
Keit said:

Its such a vast stretch of land and looks absolutely beautiful. It would be good environment to set up a community, out in some of the rural areas of the east raising animals and living off the land and in nature. I'm not sure whether it is just Russian citizens who are being offered this opportunity, and as you said maybe they will open up to foreigners.
Keit said:

I do not think this ice age may be mellow or similiar to past ones, given the plethora of factors and in particular the 'wave'. OSIT, to expect the worst one since the last "grand cycle" over 309,000 years ago. :/ :|

That said, staying put may be better than exiting for somewhere 'safe', as it may not turn out to be, or, "Wait and see." (Also, it is possible the current tilt and orientation of the Earth may change, relocating everything to different latitudes and longitudes.)

This notion of giving a hectare of land free to each Russian family had its beginnings with the Anastasia series of books written by Vladimir Megre, also known as The Ringing Cedars of Russia. There are nine books (which I read back in 2006-7). It is a beautiful story and puts forth the notion of each family having its own "kins domain" and setting up Eco Villages. Importance was placed on knowing your neighbors and knowing they were decent people. There is quite a world wide following for these books - they have sold 10 million copies and have been translated into 20 different languages.

Russian people have been pushing for free land since 2007 (or before) and it seems that it is now finally coming to fruition with the support of Medvevdev and Putin. http://www.rainbowbody.net/Finalempire/russia_ecovilla.htm

I do think Edgar Cayce was right - out of the Russia will come the hope of the world. After I read this series of books and then found the C's transcripts, I had the notion the this "Anastasia" from Rus was the Nordic the C's talked about. I thought the only way Megre's story could be true, is if she were a 4D STO Nordic. I don't really know, but what I can see, is his books have inspired millions and Putin is willing to give free land to his people. :cool2:

Skyalmian said:
That said, staying put may be better than exiting for somewhere 'safe', as it may not turn out to be, or, "Wait and see." (Also, it is possible the current tilt and orientation of the Earth may change, relocating everything to different latitudes and longitudes.)

In terms of an ice age, possible cometary impacts and natural disasters - we can't really determine where will be safe geographically. Although I can say that I certainly do not want to be living where I currently am - England. This is not necessarily because of the likelihood of any cataclysmic activity, but just because of the increasingly totalitarian fascist regime.

Staying put may be the best option and I understand that the C's say that it is not where you are, but who you are and what you see. However, if one is presented with the possibility of changing location to somewhere that looks slightly safer and is not as restricted in terms of spreading information and living peacefully - it may be a lesson to follow the signs and take action while one is still able to. This may be part of the process of transitioning into a separate reality?

Lilou said:
This notion of giving a hectare of land free to each Russian family had its beginnings with the Anastasia series of books written by Vladimir Megre, also known as The Ringing Cedars of Russia. There are nine books (which I read back in 2006-7). It is a beautiful story and puts forth the notion of each family having its own "kins domain" and setting up Eco Villages. Importance was placed on knowing your neighbors and knowing they were decent people. There is quite a world wide following for these books - they have sold 10 million copies and have been translated into 20 different languages.

That might have spurred some interest in the idea, but as Putin mentioned in his statement, it has been done before.

In and of itself, the idea is good, and has already been implemented in Siberia in the past. But modern conditions for conducting business, the modern economy is somewhat different, so we need to look into all of this carefully; we must think through all the details.

The article above gives an example:

It also mirrors the Stolypin agrarian reforms of the early 20th century that saw vast swathes of vacant land in Siberia given to peasants from the overpopulated regions of Russia.

As for the Anastasia series, I haven't read it, but we've got a thread on it here: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,12510.0.html

Keyhole said:
Skyalmian said:

In terms of an ice age, possible cometary impacts and natural disasters - we can't really determine where will be safe geographically. Although I can say that I certainly do not want to be living where I currently am - England. This is not necessarily because of the likelihood of any cataclysmic activity, but just because of the increasingly totalitarian fascist regime.

However, if one is presented with the possibility of changing location to somewhere that looks slightly safer and is not as restricted in terms of spreading information and living peacefully - it may be a lesson to follow the signs and take action while one is still able to. This may be part of the process of transitioning into a separate reality?
True. I was referring only to Earth changes alone with what I posted, and to not expect a-coming-cataclysms-anticipatory-move to physically 'save' someone in the long run. :)

sbeaudry said:
Even if not covered in glaciers it seems as if this would be a tough climate to adapt to.

Yes, no doubt about that. One of the theories of how Northern America was first populated is called Beringia theory. It's when various tribes from Siberia migrated to Alaska in search for better living conditions and food through Bering strait that was then frozen solid as if land mass. And they wouldn't migrate if there wasn't a good reason for it.

In any case, speaking of nature and beauty of the region, it is indeed gorgeous. Here is my favorite movie that was posted on the Siberian Times YT channel. It's about Altai region that is closer to Novosibirsk (western Siberia), but still it demonstrates the magic of the place rather well.

https://youtu.be/7a_wGtLaXG0

As for Far East, here's NG's series Wild Russia about Kamchatka:

https://youtu.be/KIGtpDbvSiI?list=PLE14BD39E05D41292

And Amur region:

https://youtu.be/qQbSUO6HGEQ

There are many other videos (you can see the rest of Wild Russia series here, but the narration is in Russian). What makes this ecosystem unique, that only 6 million people live in this vast region, and most of them concentrate near big cities. So Nature is allowed to thrive and remains the same for thousands of years.

[quote author= AI]
That might have spurred some interest in the idea, but as Putin mentioned in his statement, it has been done before. [/quote]

Yeah, I suppose it is not a new idea. I did really enjoy the Anastasia books, but Vladimir Megre is after all an entrepreneur! :P

Back
Top Bottom