Putin on TV: Documentaries and TV appearances by the Russian president

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Re: The Unknown Wladimir Putin

Pashalis said:
A questions that comes to my mind:

How was it possible for RT to reach such a high level of popularity all over the world and especially within the US since 2005, while a couple of their most popular, interesting, hard hitting and controversial shows/news (in the sence of "exposing the lies and propaganda of the US and its partners") are being produced in Washington D.C., just a stone's throw away from the white house?

"The flower of safety lies within the perilous thorns: seek safety closest to danger."
 

seek10

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Re: The Unknown Vladimir Putin

Pashalis said:
A questions that comes to my mind:

How was it possible for RT to reach such a high level of popularity all over the world and especially within the US since 2005, while a couple of their most popular, interesting, hard hitting and controversial shows/news (in the sence of "exposing the lies and propaganda of the US and its partners") are being produced in Washington D.C., just a stone's throw away from the white house?
If human body is result of millions of evolution that is based on survival from threat ( or lies), it will look for the truth despite attempts to contrary from matrix as long as the signal is in the reach. Being a state organ and has the means and experience in handling the presentation(strategic way), they are part of the cable network, so relatively easily accessible to people. If PTB anticipated this and wants to shut it down, they could have easily done it with its own repercussions. Again popularity doesn't mean things will improve ( ex:Wall street did what it wanted despite enormous resistance and exposure in 2008 ), though I hope to see it that way.
 

irjO

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Re: The Unknown Vladimir Putin

Well I think 2 things
1- ptb cannot really control everything! There are many examples.. Or
2- it could help them to maintain the show going at some level

But I maybe wrong..
 

mkrnhr

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Re: The Unknown Vladimir Putin

The issue of Putin and Russia reminds me of something strange written by Mouravieff, discussing the collective destiny of nations. Putin seems to be trying to recreate a Russian nation, which hasn't existed, or at least has been eclipsed, since the Bolshevik revolution of maybe before. This alone is at odds with the current mentality where all nations are being swallowed in a sort of a general loss of individuality. We see leaders defending private interests, but no national identities. It does not prevent the general trend of falling into a collective amnesia where only the pleasure of the senses is pursued and with no place for meaning. It is nevertheless a brake to the general tendency.

We tend to see the whole political spectrum in one colour, and this is true to some extent. The corruption of the elite is almost total, and that's what the PTB are working on: a total hegemony. However, nature does not permit such absoluteness. Somehow, nature allows some yin to be present in the Yang, or vice-versa. Even a gray dot in a black background would appear white by contrast. So maybe Putin or Chavez (despite the wishfull thinking of the entropic aspect of things) are those gray dots that nature puts within an overall dark sphere of human consciousness to prevent total absoluteness, although not as a proportional balance because it is just a subsystem of the universe. OSIT.
 

Cosmos

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Re: The Unknown Vladimir Putin

I'm just wondering at which stage the world today would have been, if Putin (and/or his closest advisers) would not have created Russia Today (RT) back in 2005?

RT's purpose was to
Putin said:
try to break the Anglo-Saxon monopoly on the global information streams
and
Putin said:
to bring an absolutely independent news channel to the news arena
which seems to have worked out quite successfully...:

Pashalis said:
There is something interesting I want to point out.

RT, previously known as Russia Today is a well known television/news network now.
_http://rt.com/

We can read the following about it on wikipedia:

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)#Network said:
RT, previously known as Russia Today, is an international multilingual Russian-based television network. It is registered as an autonomous nonprofit organization[2][3] funded by the federal budget of Russia through the Federal Agency on Press and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation.[4][5]

RT presents round-the-clock news bulletins, documentaries, talk shows, and debates, as well as sports news and cultural programs on Russia aimed at the overseas news market.[6] The network's signal is carried by 22 satellites and over 230 operators, which allows some 644 million people to watch the channel in more than 100 countries.[7] RT America is available to 85 million people in the United States.[8] In 2011 it was the second most-watched foreign news channel in the U.S. after BBC World News,[9] and the number one foreign station in five major U.S. urban areas in 2012.[10] It is also very popular among younger American people, U.S. college students, and in U.S. inner city neighborhoods.[11] In 2013 RT has become the first TV news channel in history to reach 1 billion views on YouTube. According to the Broadcasters' Audience Research Board between 2.25–2.5 million Britons tuned their televisions to RT during the second half of 2012, making it the third-most watched rolling news channel in Britain, behind BBC News and Sky News.[12][13]

History

Foundation

The creation of Russia Today was a part of a larger effort by the Russian government intended to improve the image of Russia abroad.[14] RT was conceived by former media minister Mikhail Lesin,[15] and Vladimir Putin's press spokesperson Aleksei Gromov.[16] At the time of RT's founding, RIA Novosti director Svetlana Mironyuk stated: "Unfortunately, at the level of mass consciousness in the West, Russia is associated with three words: communism, snow and poverty," and added "We would like to present a more complete picture of life in our country."[15]

So RT has become a huge network with a very big reach in the World and also in America, while they clearly seem to expose many lies and propaganda from the US Israel and its puppets.

It could be described as the biggest alternative media nowadays, while the reach it gets now can not be considered alternative anymore (in terms of numbers of people who it is reaching).

On _http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/rt.com

RT it is ranked on place 345 of the most popular websites in the world and on place 526 within America. That is far ahead of any alternative media out there.

Just to give you a comparison, _http://www.prisonplanet.com/ is ranked at place 10410 in the world and on place 3022 within America.

Also interesting to see how high RT is ranking within other countries in the world:
unbenannt2K8TEZ.png


Another interesting thing to note is that RT America is a TV channel based in Washington D.C., supposedly with its studios just a stone's throw away from the white house, as it is stated within this video: _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuBYbdwaaQ8

[...]

Seems to me that what Putin created there is quite brilliant and possibly can only be explained via his deep knowlege and experience in secret intelligence agency work.

Actually the more I look at what Putin has all created since he started his reign, the more I am impressed, especially when I look at it from a wider angle. I would even go as far as saying, that it is genius...
 

Cosmos

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Re: The Unknown Vladimir Putin

It is also interesting to note how Putin (and/or his advisors) were able to create RT (Russia Today), even directly at the hard of the US empire, in Washington, near the white house...:

Pashalis said:
RT, previously known as Russia Today is a well known television/news network now.
_http://rt.com/

We can read the following about it on wikipedia:

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)#Network said:
RT, previously known as Russia Today, is an international multilingual Russian-based television network. It is registered as an autonomous nonprofit organization[2][3] funded by the federal budget of Russia through the Federal Agency on Press and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation.[4][5]


[...]
 

Joe

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Re: The Unknown Vladimir Putin

Pashalis said:
On _http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/rt.com

RT it is ranked on place 345 of the most popular websites in the world and on place 526 within America. That is far ahead of any alternative media out there.

Just to give you a comparison, _http://www.prisonplanet.com/ is ranked at place 10410 in the world and on place 3022 within America.

If you want to compare RT to other most popular "alternative" news sites, best to use infowars rather than prisonplanet.


Infowars.com

Global rank 1,290
Rank in United States 358

So infowars is actually more popular than RT in the USA, which isn't surprising given that: RT is relatively new, it is effectively prevented by US media owners and the US govt. from reaching a wider US audience, most people in the USA are not interested in anything that goes on in the world "out there" much less Russia.
 

Yozilla

The Living Force
Re: The Unknown Vladimir Putin

Pashalis said:
It is also interesting to note how Putin (and/or his advisors) were able to create RT (Russia Today), even directly at the hard of the US empire, in Washington, near the white house...:

Yes it is a huge job done... and more interestingly it was never banned in US or anywhere (opposite to Press TV)... Like someone wanted like that, someone to whom all must obey to (even US "government)... Even the rise of Putin is interesting - he came out of nowhere in times when Russia was on it's knees, so to say. And C's said that there is STS center (Ural, sorry i can't recall it now). To me it looks like a kind of coordinated effort...
 

Renaissance

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Re: The Unknown Vladimir Putin

Yozilla said:
Pashalis said:
It is also interesting to note how Putin (and/or his advisors) were able to create RT (Russia Today), even directly at the hard of the US empire, in Washington, near the white house...:

Yes it is a huge job done... and more interestingly it was never banned in US or anywhere (opposite to Press TV)... Like someone wanted like that, someone to whom all must obey to (even US "government)... Even the rise of Putin is interesting - he came out of nowhere in times when Russia was on it's knees, so to say. And C's said that there is STS center (Ural, sorry i can't recall it now). To me it looks like a kind of coordinated effort...

PressTV was banned by satellite companies after the Iran sanctions and I don't know if it ever had relationships with US cable operators. We'll see how all this sanction business goes as I'm sure the Cold Wimpiers in Washington would love to see RT go. I think PressTV has also stepped on more toes in the past than RT, which made it more of a target. RT plays it a bit safer plus the other thing is that it has a much bigger budget (300 million in 2012 vs PressTV's 8 million). Money talks more than anything else in the US. Their station in Washington may just have to do able funds to do so, and I don't find it surprising that a news station would base itself out of DC.
 

H-KQGE

Dagobah Resident
Re: The Unknown Vladimir Putin

Renaissance said:
Yozilla said:
Pashalis said:
It is also interesting to note how Putin (and/or his advisors) were able to create RT (Russia Today), even directly at the hard of the US empire, in Washington, near the white house...:

Yes it is a huge job done... and more interestingly it was never banned in US or anywhere (opposite to Press TV)... Like someone wanted like that, someone to whom all must obey to (even US "government)... Even the rise of Putin is interesting - he came out of nowhere in times when Russia was on it's knees, so to say. And C's said that there is STS center (Ural, sorry i can't recall it now). To me it looks like a kind of coordinated effort...

PressTV was banned by satellite companies after the Iran sanctions and I don't know if it ever had relationships with US cable operators. We'll see how all this sanction business goes as I'm sure the Cold Wimpiers in Washington would love to see RT go. I think PressTV has also stepped on more toes in the past than RT, which made it more of a target. RT plays it a bit safer plus the other thing is that it has a much bigger budget (300 million in 2012 vs PressTV's 8 million). Money talks more than anything else in the US. Their station in Washington may just have to do able funds to do so, and I don't find it surprising that a news station would base itself out of DC.

Veering slightly off, these comments brought this to mind - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg8Ti5wx7SY&app=desktop

My favoured version - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prRFhulvJkA&app=desktop

Love the lyrics! Like the song says: "you keep your friends close...enemies in your pocket." Any excuse for me to post an 80s flashback, I'll take it! ;D
 

thorbiorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Re: The Unknown Wladimir Putin

Keit said:
Kniall said:
Frankly, when you pull back the layers of propaganda, a completely different picture of Putin and Russia emerges.

Last week someone shared with me a link to a youtube video about Russians (and Slavs in general) being deliberately "alcoholized". Everyone knows the wildly accepted notion about Russians constantly drinking vodka, and bears walking on the streets, etc. Well, apparently, vodka was brought to Russia by foreigners in 14th century, and Russians didn't really like it and considered inebriation as shameful and unbecoming. The whole alcoholizing process basically started during the soviet rule in order to bring in more money to the government (and probably for the control purposes as well). There is a saying, that history proofs that Russians can't be defeated by force, so attempts are made to destroy them from within. To make them their own enemies.

I couldn't find an English version of the video, but here is one with Polish subtitles.


https://youtu.be/T7cWQ6a2tcI
Thank you! About halfway through there is a figure which shows the amount of usage. I have translated the picture to text and got:
Year : Consumption
1900 - < 2 liter
1920 - 5.0 liter
1925 - < 1 liter
1945 - < 2 liter
1950 - 3.0 liter
1980 - 11 liter
1985 - 4.0 liter
1995 - 16 liter which has remained pretty stable to this day. I checked with _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholism_in_Russia
 

thorbiorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Re: The Unknown Vladimir Putin

Watched the whole series about Putin. It is amazing. Then I tried to find out what else the producer, Andrey Karaulov has made. They do not have subtitles but I shall give a couple of ideas:

In one documentary from 2009, that is before the ones about the Unknown Putin came out in 2011 or 2012, he describes some dark sides of Russian society, in this case about abuse and corruption in some sections of the prison system: _http://my.mail.ru/video/mail/valyona.denisova/8959/8965.html#video=/mail/valyona.denisova/8959/8965 It is called "Putin's epoch: torture, corruption, power and money" When I watched it I was wondering what this had to do with Putin, I had more the impression that a few things hadn't changed bestween the time he came to power and 2009, in other words he works within limits.

Karaulov has made another film "The shocking truth about Putin and Russia" from 2012 "_http://my.mail.ru/video/mail/valyona.denisova/8959#video=/mail/valyona.denisova/8959/9014 In this video film he describes some of the same aspects that were in the "Unknown Putin" documentary. It is mainly an interview with a Russian politician and economist, supplemented by a few inserts. In one clip there is a description of how the Russian powerstructure works and the limits within which the president and his staff operate. It becomes clear that Putin has no power to immediately do much about the abuses that were detailed in the movie about the prison system, since he can not work without some support of the middle layer, which for to quite and extent are in it for the money and the power. In one clip there is a discussion between Putin and another person who wishes to focus on the elite. Putin strongly disagrees and mentions instead the issues of poverty, law and order, education.

It is a pitty that so little is translated about the process Russia has gone through, and especially the devastating role the US/global financial interests have played to bring this about.
 

Thor

Jedi Council Member
Re: The Unknown Wladimir Putin

Pashalis said:
Here is a full version translated into german:


https://youtu.be/aLiJQBR6PEI

It contains 4 parts of that series. How many parts that series actually has, I dunno...

I think this documentary is extremely interesting and the Cs establishing that Putin is not a psychopath makes him as a counter weight to the Western elite even more important to understand and follow.

However, as I don't understand Russian or German I'm stuck at the first two episodes.

I would be very thankful if someone speaking Russian or German could help transcribe this documentary - particularly after the first two parts that are dubbed in English.
 

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Re: The Unknown Vladimir Putin


Sure beats Slick Willy playing the sax.
 
Top Bottom