Qigong Workshop

G

I just got back from a 4 day Qigong workshop in Tampa, Fl which was conceived by Jeff Primack (www.qigong.com) and felt I should share some things about it with you all.
I was somewhat skeptical about it at first because I assume there are a lot of deceivers out there when it comes to energy related practices. Before the event, I had taken a couple local classes by one of the members and had come to the conclusion that I was really feeling something which inspired me to go. At the event I observed certain things that seemed to connect with "The Work". He mentioned a lot of things that I could relate to like "no duality", "transforming lead into gold", balancing out within yourself of the different types of people, food based healing, getting rid of the ego (aka Satan), crop circles, coral castle, pyramids, and referring to what made all existence as the "True Source" or "Infinite Living Mind". I noticed how some of the movements involved gathering Qi and then sending it down to the earth. I gave all my attention to the practice while trying to deflect anything else coming trying to take it away (attention). I also could relate how Gurdjieff was talking about the shock between the sun and earth in the "ray of creation" (In Search of the Miraculous) being organic life on earth made me think of one of the forms where you are scooping up you arms into the air and holding there as if you were receiving a gift from the "True Source" and then after lowering your hands down feeling the energy cleansing your body and then shooting down through your feet into the earth. There was also one where you are acting like an antenna which involved spiraling. Spiraling was used extensively throughout the forms which also made me think of "The Work".
One of the most powerful things that occured was on day 3 when he had all 420 or so of us sit in chairs holding hands and do the 9 breath method together breathing as one and thinking as one with him guiding the prayer. Saying things like for the "True Source" to help us with things like raising consciousness within this world and to help us feel our connection, and to send our energy into the earth, help those suffering (sorry, I can't remember everything all that he exactly stated). During one of the sets, I had felt as if my hands were melting into the other peoples I were holding (feeling truly connected to everyone) and I could feel vibrations throughout my body. On another time, I felt as though I seen my body as one type of energy and also a bright ball of light. Afterwards, he went around the room with the microphone and everyone was saying how they felt the connection to everyone in varying degrees.
I know gurdjieff had mentioned things like breathing, posture and movement relating to the work and this event actually gave me hope that we can change (evolve) and help others to do so. I'm assuming that this guy hasn't got everything figured out but his system is definitely powerful from my experience and it seems like it can really help people with the work.
If anyone on here can attend one of his seminars (pretty cheap $70 for 4day) I encourage them to do so as I have only read through a few of the recommended reading (Castaneda, ISOTM, Sufism, Secret History, Wave, 9-11 UT, Myth of Sanity, currently on Gnosis) and would like to hear someone's view that has read more in depth.
One of the teachers there had said she had practiced Qigong for 15 years and had not felt it as much as she does with this system.

After reflecting on my experience more, I think this topic may be better off in the COINTELPRO pile. The qigong practice itself seems like good exercise and has benefits, but after I began to start reading "The Wave" again, red flags went up. There was much emphasis on sending love out. To our family, friends, people suffering, and I think even to the leaders (governmental) to help heal or "awaken" them or something. I read in "The Wave" how this can be dangerous when you are not asked for it (STS too). It said something about backfiring negatively or being intercepted by other entities. I guess that right there is enough to break off from this group. It seems as though they lure you in with the Qigong (feeling benefits of practice) and then try to hook you with their belief system. More truth mixed with lies. :( :)
Here is a letter recently sent as I did pass the test to teach their level one form:
We all know the power of Group Energy.
Starting NOW every morning you can join Jeff, Anne and ALL the SSQC Instructors in three sets of 9-Breath Method.
Starting NOW every morning you can tap into the group SSQC Nine-Breath Method BUZZ from our group consciousness.

Each day I will open my mind in meditation and sync with the SSQC Instructors who are also meditating at that moment.
We take our first Nine-Breath Method at 10AM Eastern Time - 9AM Central Time - 8AM Mountain Time - 7AM Pacific Time
Three sets in total... taking 3 minutes before each sequential Nine-Breath...

We share the vision of Love... we TUMO EXHALE LOVE OUT to the world.
KNOW that all SSQC Instructors around the country are simultaneously doing the same thing.
We'll all be doing the same thing - at the exact same instant!!!!
That's power in numbers!!!

This will be a new SUPREME SCIENCE QIGONG tradition!
It starts tomorrow morning - - - and each day for LIFE!
What a glorious vision... Nine Breath Method each day synchronized with each other!!!
Be in meditation 5 minutes before your time zone.
Practice near a clock so you can practice at the exact same instant as everyone else!!!
Sounds suspicious or maybe it's just me? :)

Looks like just another variation of new age disinfo.

We all know the power of Group Energy.
We do? What does that "Power" help you achieve?

We share the vision of Love... we TUMO EXHALE LOVE OUT to the world.
The old "send love and light" to the world. Unfortunately for them, groups like this have been doing exactly that for hundreds -- thousands of years now, and not just groups like that, but religious groups and many many other groups as well. And yet, objectively, the world is heading straight to hell in a handbasket. No "mass prayer" ever stopped a war, ever made the world a "better place". It just never worked, and it doesn't work. Intentions are useless, action is everything. It's what we DO that matters and has any chance to make any kind of difference. But just imagining, intending, and dreaming - that has no effect, it never did, it never will.

Again, what "power"? Power to do what!? "Power in numbers" only means something when a group of collinear people are working together towards the same goal. But this means DOing, not wishing.

This will be a new SUPREME SCIENCE QIGONG tradition!
Huh? Just more nonsensical garbage.

What a glorious vision... Nine Breath Method each day synchronized with each other!!!
And what is so "glorious" about this? What does it achieve? Nothing.

Practice near a clock so you can practice at the exact same instant as everyone else!!!
Synchronized navel contemplation - it's just like synchronized swimming, but without the swimming.

No, I don't think it's just you - it pretty much sounds like the whole 'love and light' thing not so cleverly masquerading as something else. It can be rather discouraging at times to realize how few and far between true truth seekers are, can't it? It makes finding one that much more valuable, osit. I think you're seeing it for what it is, fwiw.

Thanks ScioAgapeOmnis and Anart for your thoughts on the matter as it has made clearer why I should definitely dissociate from that group. It is discouraging at times as I know no one in my area that seriously looks for truth except here on the forum. "Learning is fun". :)

synchro ignorants said:
SAO said:
Again, what "power"? Power to do what!? "Power in numbers" only means something when a group of collinear people are working together towards the same goal. But this means DOing, not wishing.
I'd like to point to another aspect - although we work (or learn to be able to work) towards the same goal - we are not doing the same thing. True, our power is in numbers, but even more it is in our diversity. By striving to become an individual being every member prepares to find his place and to fulfill his particular role - to do his/her thing. Hive mind is not what we are looking for. ;) OSIT

Back
Top Bottom