Questions About the Companion/Apprentice Level of the FOTCM

I received my FOTCM "welcome package" the other day and I have some questions about how to proceed. I would like to focus my "free time"/energy to my commitment to the church and to participating in the programs as stated in the "welcome package", however I am feeling a bit scattered when trying to piece together or clarifying the requirements to progress through the levels of membership, and would appreciate any input concerning this matter. The following includes what I have been able to piece together on my own:

===================================

Companions

...Apprentice Level

o Show a sincere desire to work on your self and have ask for help when needed.

o Demonstrate some ability to be externally considerate and work with others. See "External and Internal Considering" here: http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=40&lsel=E

o Complete 3 months sustained participation in the church activities (e.g., Forum, Promotion, Service, Research Projects, SOTT, unless otherwise determined by an Elder assessment). Some ideas for participation here: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28244.0.html Other ideas --Write a testimonial for the testimonial section of the cassiopaea-cult website here: http://cassiopaea-cult.com/category/anti-defamation-testimonials/testimonials-english/ Write book reviews for the books offered at the QFS Bookstore http://www.qfgpublishing.com/, The Rabbit Hole http://store.therabbitholeusa.com/, and Red Pill Press http://redpillpress.com/ etc.. (-?-)

o Regularly practice Eiriu Eolas and share your results on the forum here: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,12837.0.html and/or here: http://eiriu-eolas.org/forum/index.php (-?-) Eíriú-Eolas Guide/FAQ here: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=14410.msg112025#msg112025

o Commit to physical detoxification and share those experiences on the forum here: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/board,32.0.html (-?-)

o Demonstrate your ability to apply your knowledge to everyday life.

o Complete an Elder assessment. (-?-)

==================================

The questions (-?-) I have concerning this level of membership are the following:

1) Are there any other ideas for participation or links to refer to when trying to complete the "3 months sustained participation in the church activities"?

2) When sharing the results of regular EE practice to which forum should I post, in this forum or the EE forum? Or does it matter, as in either-or?

3) When sharing the results of physical detoxification, do I start a new thread or jump in on another? Or does it matter, as in either-or?

4) When attempting to demonstrate the "ability to apply [my] knowledge to everyday life", do postings outside of the forum count e.g. FB postings and activity, blogs, personal websites, etc.? How else might my ability to apply my knowledge be demonstrated?

5) What does an "Elder assessment" comprise of?

As I have not received my welcome package for the FOTCM, (for a month or so), I am a little curious as to why. Have I been found not worthy? Do the mechanics of the system run slow? I live my life and 'minister' to those around me as if I am a member; I realize that certificates don't really mean anything in the long run. However, my curiosity has gotten the best of me. Can someone please explain the process which gives this result? Thank you.

buz

buz/p ... just to relay my experience concerning the FOTCM welcome package. I mailed mine in April of this year and just received the welcome package on the 4th of this month (September). IMHO, I think the application process, from start to finish, just takes some time to complete. In other words and as you stated, "the mechanics of the system run slow", OSIT. I hope relaying my experience helps to ease your concerns a bit, if not you could also email FOTCM directly here: http://paleochristianity.org/contact-us/. :)

buz/p said:
As I have not received my welcome package for the FOTCM, (for a month or so), I am a little curious as to why. Have I been found not worthy? Do the mechanics of the system run slow? I live my life and 'minister' to those around me as if I am a member; I realize that certificates don't really mean anything in the long run. However, my curiosity has gotten the best of me. Can someone please explain the process which gives this result? Thank you.

buz

First of all, thinking that you are not worthy shows your self-importance has been pricked and you are internally considering. I find this interesting along with the statement that you say you "minister" to those around you. In what way are you ministering?

buz/p said:

buz

Hi buz/p,
try to be patient. :) Your welcome package was shipped the same day as Robin's, so hopefully it will arrive soon. Feel free to let us know if it doesn't in a reasonable time.

Nienna Eluch said:
buz/p said:

buz

First of all, thinking that you are not worthy shows your self-importance has been pricked and you are internally considering. I find this interesting along with the statement that you say you "minister" to those around you. In what way are you ministering?

For someone with an ego as large as mine something like this won't 'prick' it. I was just curious as to the mechanics. As far as ministering, what I mean is that with someone with a mouth like mine I am always in the faces of those around me giving them information and guidance whether requested or not. You have astutely and correctly pointed out where my work must be focused. I suspect that my road is steeper than most. However, I am on a quest for truth and believe that Laura and the group here are traveling in the right direction. What I have noticed very quickly is this thing called mirroring which, as far as I can tell is unique if forum structure. Thanks for the information and insights. Patience is paramount in my "ministering" guidance.

buz

buz/p said:
For someone with an ego as large as mine something like this won't 'prick' it.

It sounds like you consider this to be a good thing. I wouldn't.

buz/p said:
As far as ministering, what I mean is that with someone with a mouth like mine I am always in the faces of those around me giving them information and guidance whether requested or not.

That's neither externally considerate nor wise for your strategic enclosure. In fact, such a "ministering" practice is really just entirely about you, with no consideration for others. It's not at all giving in any way, shape, or form.

buz/p said:
Patience is paramount in my "ministering" guidance.

I think learning first would be an essential prerequisite before one were to start teaching.

Foxx said:
buz/p said:
As far as ministering, what I mean is that with someone with a mouth like mine I am always in the faces of those around me giving them information and guidance whether requested or not.

That's neither externally considerate nor wise for your strategic enclosure. In fact, such a "ministering" practice is really just entirely about you, with no consideration for others. It's not at all giving in any way, shape, or form.

I agree with Foxx. If you have an intellectual intuition, then you can be externally considerate. If you become externally considerate then you can put yourself in anothers shoes. If you cannot put yourself in anothers shoes then you can do little more than 'object analysis' on them. Since people are more than 'objects' perhaps it would be good to get out of their face and try another way?

Also, I agree with Foxx about the 'teaching' thing. Where is there evidence of a level higher than teacher-student, or student-teacher? You wanting to become a 'dream in the past'? :)

Buddy said:
If you become externally considerate then you can put yourself in anothers shoes. If you cannot put yourself in anothers shoes then you can do little more than 'object analysis' on them.

I don't see how it's possible for me to put myself in another person's shoes? I haven't lived their life, I don't know what they know, or think, or have experienced? What's important to me might not be important to them, and vice versa?

I can do a "person analysis" and ruminate on what I THINK they might be thinking and feeling, based on what they say, what I know about them, and/or their body language, smell etc, (if we're face to face) But I'm still essentially guessing at what it feels like to be in their place, based on my own feelings in what I think might be a similar situation?

The only shoes I can be sure of are my own, and even then, I check them for spiders before I put them on ;)

Guardian said:
...But I'm still essentially guessing at what it feels like to be in their place, based on my own feelings in what I think might be a similar situation?

Essentially, it is an exercise in the imagination, and I figure we can usually come real close for purposes of empathic understanding where this is possible. Perhaps that was a bit strong or misleading since it looks like I intended it literally and for all occasions. Thanks. :)

Well folks, I mentioned in my introduction on the newby thread that my "humor" got me in more trouble than my serious comments. It is also why I stated a few posts up page that this needed to be a major focus of my work. Sorry for any disruption or misunderstanding. You don't know me so your reactions would be reasonable on the face of it. I am the butt of my own jokes. I tend to satirize myself. How we react to strangers says a lot about ourselves. I would remove the foot from my mouth but it tastes so good.

Learning... ah yes. Knowledge plus experience equals wisdom. Real knowledge is actionable knowledge. This means that knowledge internalized will manifest as behavior.

[ Robin, please accept my apology for highjacking your thread. I did not mean to...]

buz

buz/p said:
You don't know me so your reactions would be reasonable on the face of it. I am the butt of my own jokes. I tend to satirize myself. How we react to strangers says a lot about ourselves. I would remove the foot from my mouth but it tastes so good.

buz/p, could you please explain where in the following you were joking or satirizing yourself:

buz/p said:

buz/p said:
For someone with an ego as large as mine something like this won't 'prick' it.

The larger the ego, the easier it is to prick.

b said:
I was just curious as to the mechanics. As far as ministering, what I mean is that with someone with a mouth like mine I am always in the faces of those around me giving them information and guidance whether requested or not.

If you are doing such things in relation to FOTCM, in any way, shape, or form, then please stop now, as you are not qualified to do so.

Regarding your membership package, yes, our processing system takes time because it spans two continents and the Atlantic ocean - as has been often discussed here on the forum many times. If you take the focus off of yourself, you'll realize that these things take time.

b said:
Thanks for the information and insights. Patience is paramount in my "ministering" guidance.

buz

Since this is the second time you've referenced ministering, please understand that you are not currently qualified to minister for FOTCM in any way, shape or form. If you are "just kidding", then the above still holds true.

buz/p said:
I am stopping now. Take care friends. Bye.

Buz, maybe you are being misunderstood. While what you've written does seem quite clear, there is always a chance that you're coming across in a way that you are not aware of. So, when you say this:

bp said:

What does it really mean? Does it mean you're on street corners proselytizing or does it mean that you're telling everyone you meet that they should convert or does it just mean that you're pushing your ideas onto the people in your personal life?

I ask because if it's the latter, that's not uncommon and is usually pretty easily remedied (well, sometimes). So, maybe giving some more details might help so that you can stop doing damage and actually start helping - if you're so interested.

Back
Top Bottom