Ram Bahadur Bomjon, AKA "Buddha Boy"

http://blog.com.np/united-we-blog/2007/08/03/ram-bahadur-bomjom-the-buddha-boy-starts-preaching-arrival-of-a-meditation-guru-or-a-religious-zealot/
Ram Bahadur Bomjom, the Buddha Boy, Starts Preaching: Arrival of a Meditation Guru or a Religious Zealot?

By UWB based on report filed by Upendra Lamichhane

Finally, Ram Bahadur Bomjom, the Buddha Boy, has started preaching. The committee that looks after ‘the modern Buddha’, Namo Buddha Tapoban Committee, assembled a large crowd yesterday in Hallori Jungle in Bara district of southern Nepal that was addressed by a long haired boy clad in a maroon robe. The notice about the first ever preaching by the boy was broadcast in a local FM radio station and the committed also invited people by phone. Around three thousand people gathered to listen to Ram Bahadur Bomjom. Dying to know about his message? Okay, don’t fait but here it is: “The only way we can save this nation is through religion.” Being happy or sad depends on what you were expecting: a meditation guru or a religious zealot. Sounds like the second version is coming out but there is still plenty of time ahead to get to know the real Bomjom. But then even Buddha was thrashed by his contemporary society. So lets have our finger crossed for the time being.

Ram Bahadur Bomjom spoke with several pauses as if he was finding it very difficult to communicate in the language of human being. Just to kill another possible curiosity Ram Bahadur was using Nepali language while preaching via a big mike. He also requested the people not to be skeptical about him and disturb him. Ram Bahadur was first spotted meditating in Ratanpuri Jungle of Bara on Jestha 2, 2062 (almost 27 months ago) and he disappeared for about nine months saying that it was difficult for him to concentrate because of the disturbance created by the visiting crowd. He was discovered in Baghjhor Jungle, about eight kilometers west from where he had disappeared, with a sword on his side on Chaitra 10, 2063 (almost four months ago). The next day he entered into a bunker made up of cement sin Halkhori to mediate.

and the following is the full speech according to Wikipedia:

Murder, violence, greed, anger and temptation have made the human world a desperate place. A terrible storm has descended upon the human world, and this is carrying the world towards destruction. There is only one way to save the world and that is through dharma. When one doesn't walk the righteous path of spiritual practice, this desperate world will surely be destroyed. Therefore, follow the path of spirituality and spread this message to your fellows. Never put obstacles, anger and disbelief in the way of my meditation's mission. I am only showing you the way; you must seek it on your own. What I will be, what I will do, the coming days will reveal. Human salvation, the salvation of all living beings, and peace in the world are my goal and my path. "Namo Buddha sangaya, Namo Buddha sangaya, namo sangaya." I am contemplating on the release of this chaotic world from the ocean of emotion, on our detachment from anger and temptation, without straying from the path for even a moment, I am renouncing my own attachment to my life and my home forever, I am working to save all living beings. But in this undisciplined world, my life's practice is reduced to mere entertainment.

The practice and devotion of many Buddhas is directed at the world's betterment and happiness. It is essential but very difficult to understand that practice and devotion. But though it is easy to lead this ignorant existence, human beings don't understand that one day we must leave this uncertain world and go with the Lord of Death. Our long attachments with friends and family will dissolve into nothingness. We have to leave behind the wealth and property we have accumulated. What's the use of my happiness, when those who have loved me from the beginning, my mother, father, brothers, relatives are all unhappy. Therefore, to rescue all sentient beings, I have to be Buddha-mind, and emerge from my underground cave to do vajra meditation. To do this I have to realize the right path and knowledge, so do not disturb my practice. My practice detaches me from my body, my soul and this existence. In this situation there will be 72 goddess Kalis. Different gods will be present, along with the sounds of thunder and of "tangur", and all the celestial gods and goddesses will be doing puja (worship). So until I have sent a message, do not come here, and please explain this to others. Spread spiritual knowledge and spiritual messages throughout the world. Spread the message of world peace to all. Seek a righteous path and wisdom will be yours.

Re: Ram Bahadur Bomjom, the Buddha Boy, Starts Preaching: Arrival of a Meditation Gu

Hi all :)

I'd like to bump this if I may. Sambodhi Dharma Sangha (aka Paldendorje/Ram Bahadur Bomjom/the Buddha Boy) has been such a massive ray of hope for me and his teachings are beautiful, truthful, enlightened AND are for ALL. There is NO discrimination AT ALL. His main teachings up to this point in time are:

_http://www.etapasvi.com/en/teachings/91/maitreya-message-maitreya-sandesh

from May 20 2011 at the end of his 6 year penance meditation, which contains:

_http://www.etapasvi.com/en/teachings/64/the-eight-loving-precepts-ashta-sheel#item_6

And also

_http://www.etapasvi.com/en/teachings/103/speech-of-dharma-sangha-on-june-4-2011

a couple of weeks later.

I am not sure about doing an article for Sott at this stage. If you wanted to do so, then it would be best to get in touch with the Sangha (spiritual group/community/devotees) by asking them if it would be ok. This could be done in a number of ways that I'd leave up to you guys. BUT! This is not some fake or something to be curious about and dismiss. If you would do this then do it with integrity and wisdom.

What I'd personally be interested in would be in what the C's have to say :P. Not that it would matter to me much, but it may help others :cool: the reason I say this is that it would be irrelevant to me what the C's said to be honest in terms of my truth-resonance with Sambodhi Dharma Sangha is 100% (if that makes sense).

With respect, Mark.

Mod Note: Deactivated Links

I don't think we'd be very interested in doing an article on a path that has never, historically, led to much of anything.

Hmm I think I came across as bold to the point of rudeness and then dismissive :-[

I didn't mean to, just sometimes I'm a bit blunt (massive understatement lol). I didn't mean to say "irrelevant" in a sense of totality, otherwise I would have not bumped this thread! I would very very much be interested what the C's had to say.

In fact I'm somewhat surprised the topic of Dharma Sangha and his teachings have not been more prominent here. it leads me to think of one of three things. Firstly: Laura and the Cassiopaea/Sott team are respecting Dharma Sangha's wish to the nth degree to wait a little longer for further teachings (which will come in a number of forms including Thangka (like a tapestry)). Secondly: He is simply not known about at all much. Thirdly: erm the information is being kept for another reason :huh: [told you I'm a skeptic lol...see other post].

I wrote the above post assuming the case was number 2.

When I said the word "irrelevent", what I meant was that if the C's were in any way negative toward Dharma Sangha, then I would not pay it much heed.

I kinda feel way out of my league and on the point of being rude and blasphemous here to be throwing down an almost personal litmus test gauntlet :scared:

Oh well, I don't mean it to be that way. My purpose here is to raise the issue of Sambodhi Dharma Sangha and ask humbly if most esteemed Laura and the Cassiopaean channeling team would consult the C's on this and release the findings (personal email to me is fine rofl!). Seriously I am asking this with the greatest of respect and am sorry if it hasn't come across this way. My purpose is for the benefit of not just my personal litmus test, but also to raise awareness in this group of a living and breathing teacher on Earth who is infinitely STO.

With greatest respect and no small amount of chagrin, Mark.

Dear Laura

With regard to
I don't think we'd be very interested in doing an article on a path that has never, historically, led to much of anything.

Sorry I'm not suggesting to do an article necessarily...it's just that this was the only place I saw mentioned on the forum about Sambodhi Dharma Sangha (by an earlier name) and since it seemed almost appropriate in this part of the forum to request the alternative: to ask the C's about this.

Sorry, I don't really understand your response. I'm possibly missing something, but this is happening now and I don't know what you mean by historically there... Even a read through of these last two teachings should make clear that these teachings are for all and in no way related to any of the new-Agers/main stream religions/disinformation tacs... etc etc This IS genuine truth. Sure it's on a different tangent, but there's no falseness, maliciousness or diviseiveness here (except maybe something I've done...so sorry for that I didn't mean it to be). I would be my life on it! I'm just a regular guy...I've nothing to hide here and nothing to promote (apart from the truth).

Kind regards, Mark.

Hi Mark, I think Laura's remark was for Buddhism in general, with her opinion that it hasn't really helped the masses wake up and understand the true nature of this world.
In my opinion, this can happen because of several factors - original teachings were corrupted, the people didn't really get the message, or the message is no longer relevant for this period of time (?).
From what i've studied on general buddhism (just a little bit many years ago), the general dos and don'ts seem to be okay - but it doesn't really explain much about the details - why we are in the situation that we are in, and what we must do to get out. The bhagavad gita is similar, but goes a little more into the details of things. Buddism does say what we must do however (again in my opinion), and that is to raise self awareness by focusing on our daily actions and meditate (similar to Gudjieff). Perhaps the time these messages were given the populace was less educated (in general), hence the messages themselves had to be pretty simple. FWIW :)

Hi Moksha
Thank you for replying. This has little to do with Buddhism. The only way Buddhism is involved is context. This is for everyone...there is NO discrimination. This is at a very high level. Do you know who Sambodhi Dharma Sangha is? Do you know what he's been doing and has done and continues to do? This is not about 1 religion or another. In a certain sense he has been doing channeling himself through meditation. But this channeling has been with the "Buddhas" themselves! Again, this word is used as context.

Are you saying that, in this present moment, the Buddha's are irrelevent and so is this living and breathing one? I'm not just talking about Buddhism here, but other enlightened beings as well. Because if you are then that would be equivalent to saying that the C's and 7th density beings are irrelevant in this moment now! These are enlightened beings! How could they be irrelevent??

hasn't really helped the masses wake up and understand the true nature of this world

Nor has this experiment either...nothing has helped the masses!

original teachings were corrupted ... message is no longer relevant for this period of time

These are NOT some old corrupted teachings! They are being given NOW!

but it doesn't really explain much about the details

I already linked the details (the 8 loving precepts).

Starting to wonder what the problem is here? I mean it's not an outlanding request...I've seen far more outlanding things asked of the C's. This is a living breathing Buddha who is giving current teachings that are VERY relevant and there is no discrimination and they are for all! What's the problem?

A tad more skeptical, Mark.

MarkLlewellyn said:
This is a living breathing Buddha who is giving current teachings that are VERY relevant and there is no discrimination and they are for all! What's the problem?

Why do you think this person is a "living breathing Buddha"?

Hi Mark,
my post was on general buddhism and laura's comment (or my opinion of that comment, rather), and not specific to your request.

Let me ask you one question though, what do you seek to know by getting the Cs to answer about this new guru? What if they said 'yes he is great', would that make you feel good that you made the 'right choice'? and if they said 'no he ain't that good' or some such, how would you react? The point I'm trying to make here is that the answer is supposed to come from your own hard work, on analyzing the teachings of this guru against what you know is happening in the world, and then making an informed decision - the Cs answers mean nothing if this research is not done.

I would think asking the Cs such as question would get an answer that reads something like 'discover', or 'research for answer'. And this is because the Cs only give out clues, the hard work has to be done by us. In order to do this, you'll need to get the insider view on what is REALLY happening on this planet of ours. And that means a lot of searching. Good topics to start with would be psychopathy, high strangeness (check Laura's books or John Keel for starters), and the the economics/political section of SOTT.

Your comments make you sound like you haven't really understood the nature of this experiement. In my personal experience, coming across the Cs material has led me to understand this world AND its present situation in the kind of detail no other teaching/philosophy has.

From the Cs, we are led to understand a whole lot of different concepts that at first seem unrelated, but then once understood the true picture emerges.

I've been through the same phase as you when I started (including a fascination with gurus) - my only advice is to read the recommended books list and you'll get all your questions answered (well not all ;) ) and learn the easy way. It also seems you could do with a few books on psychology as well.

Good luck Mark.

[quote author=MarkLlewellyn]
Hi Moksha
[…]This is for everyone...there is NO discrimination. This is at a very high level. Do you know who Sambodhi Dharma Sangha is? Do you know what he's been doing and has done and continues to do? This is not about 1 religion or another. In a certain sense he has been doing channeling himself through meditation. But this channeling has been with the "Buddhas" themselves! Again, this word is used as context.

Are you saying that, in this present moment, the Buddha's are irrelevent and so is this living and breathing one? I'm not just talking about Buddhism here, but other enlightened beings as well. Because if you are then that would be equivalent to saying that the C's and 7th density beings are irrelevant in this moment now! These are enlightened beings! How could they be irrelevent??[/quote]

Hi Mark, with no undue respect, as Moksha pointed out further along, as advice, there is much work in discerning. As such, the intents of things like religious sects, let alone what is beings promoted as a holy/sacred or the living embodiment of the ‘one’ needs to be examined. Just as the C’s have/are constantly being tested, which is the point of the experiment, Ram Bahadur Bomjom would be no different. I took some time to review what he said in his speeches, cross referencing with others and much research would be required to even get a clue of the nuances of these things. In the case of Buddhism in general, which has many interesting qualities, it is susceptible to Ponerology as are all belief systems. The Karmapa(s) being promoted are case in point, depending on the colour and intent of the secular Gelugpa/Kagyu et al Hats that is doing the promoting of each reincarnated Rinpoche, or Jewel, which Ram Bahadur Bomjom self acclaims to be. The spiritual control of the masses is very important to sects and they will be creative and can use anything to further their gains, albeit Christian, Buddhist et al.

As Monsha said as advice, doing a lot of reading helps to ask questions and examine the details without taking things on faith because your eyes, ears, mind resonates, osit.

In reference to what Laura said, my interpretation, which might very well be wrong, is that history indeed, when looked at carefully, shows that organized religion, especially around promoted beings seen as Messiah’s, has not been beneficial necessarily to the individual; although they may think it has, but defiantly beneficial as a means of control.

When you said at the end:

A tad more skeptical, Mark.

This seems to be a reference to the Forum? Being Skeptical is good, helps to unravel things. As such, the point for many others here, is that nothing is viewed without turning it around and looking at various aspects before adopting the thinking or idea, the Buddha Boy would be no different.

There is a thread called "Darkness Over Tibet" which you may or may not find interesting.

Good luck too Mark.

I apologise for bringing this to your forum in the sense that it was a test for you guys not for Guruji and this is not really what I'm meant to be doing. Each is on their own path. I didn't mean it to be like this as I thought it was pretty much an innocent question at first "is it ok to ask C's about Guruji for the benefit of raising awareness in this group". That said, as I have admitted it was a test of truth of this forum and for that I do have remorse as it is disrespectful in a sense. It's just that I am very skeptical these days and I do not have any faith or belief here so I was asking for proof. Maybe I am like doubting Thomas, but I have total faith in Guruji and there is my refuge. This seems to have opened a can of worms and I'm vegetarian :P. Hopefully this has not all been in vain and that there are lessons to be learned by any willing to learn. I certainly have learned some. I'll be leaving now. This is not meant as negative towards anyone here...just that this is not going to work for my path. I think I said all that can be said on this (pretty much anyway) and more words will not help.

Thank you for having me for this short time and God Bless.

There does not seem to be a way for me to unsign and be permanently removed from this forum. Please could an admin do this for me.

Mark, you might want to read my book "Secret History of the World" to get some intensive background on why we approach literally everything with skepticism. And why this is what we live by:

'Life is religion. Life experiences reflect how one interacts with God. Those who are asleep are those of little faith in terms of their interaction with the creation. Some people think that the world exists for them to overcome or ignore or shut out. For those individuals, the world will cease. They will become exactly what they give to life. They will become merely a dream in the 'past.' People who pay strict attention to objective reality right and left, become the reality of the 'Future.' -- Cassiopaeans, 09-28-02

We don't play insincere games such as you have done. We call 'em as we see 'em and nothing is exempt from scrutiny.

All I've done is what you do then...approach this experiment with skepticism.

But to get personal and call me inscincere is not called for at all. All I did was suggest something for one of two reasons, both of which I was up front about. Then I simply realised this is not the path for me and was honest about that. As far as I can tell I've not gotten personal with anyone. I do not even question your integrity. In fact I've said elsewhere it appears to me you have high integrity. But you yourself say that you approach the C's with skepticism and do not necessarily accept all they say as truth. I was just trying to see what they say about Dharma Sangha to see if this was worth my time in investing further here because for me the truth in his teachings is unsurpassed in its simplicity and value. Wherever else I've looked all I see is impure versions which then go on to use many words that are off a meaningful path.

How is that any different to what you have do in asking them all sorts of things. How was this such a big ask. I even think I tried pretty hard to respond to the further posts. But then when none of my questions were being considered very much, what is there for me to do. Words are pointless after a certain point as I've already said. What I already wrote answered all the questions that came later as well. But still no feedback as to the valid points I made. Anyway, am not here to argue. Just want to leave in peace and wish everyone peace.

Knowledge does not equal wisdom.

MarkLlewellyn said:
Knowledge does not equal wisdom.

Quite, wisdom is the fruit of Being and Understanding. Both of which seem ironically lacking in the above 'parting shot', which was purely mechanical.

Back
Top Bottom