'Random' shootings, car rampages, knife attacks etc.

c.a.

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Safety At 'Joker' Screenings A Cause Of Concern For Some Moviegoers
CBS Los Angeles Oct. 4 2019


October 5, 2019 9:08AM PT
Weeks of controversial headlines aren’t getting in the way of a record-breaking weekend for Warner Bros.’ “Joker.”

After taking home $39.9 million in Friday domestic ticket sales — the biggest October opening day ever — the R-rated supervillain film is eyeing a huge $92 million weekend total.

That’s on the higher end of initial box office projections, which saw the film debuting in the $80 million to $95 million range. Either way, the film is likely to beat previous October opening weekend record holder “Venom,” which opened to $80.3 million last year.

“The Joker” has generated widespread controversy for its villainous depiction of evil, prompting some theaters to increase security. Additionally, family members of the 2012 Aurora shooting victims — a mass shooting that occurred at a screening of “The Dark Knight Rises — signed a letter to Warner Bros. CEO Ann Sarnoff expressing concerns about the film’s release. Although the families ultimately refrained from calling for “Joker” to be pulled from release, they did say the movie’s “sympathetic origin story… gave us pause.”

“Joker,” which is opening with the biggest release ever for an October film, premiered to early critical acclaim at the Venice Film Festival, where it won the Golden Lion, the festival’s highest prize. Star Joaquin Phoenix has also drawn early awards speculation for his turn as the classic DC villain.

“Joker” is also generating ticket sales overseas where it scored $32.7 million from 73 foreign markets, bringing its international total up to $57.2 million. Top Friday openers included the United Kingdom ($4.7 million), Mexico ($4.2 million), Japan ($1.9 million) and Spain ($1.4 million).

Behind “Joker” is Universal’s animated adventure “Abominable,” which took home $2.7 million in its second weekend. “Downton Abby” came in third with $2.4 million and STX’s fourth weekend of “Hustlers” scored another $1.9 million. Rounding out the top five was Warner Bros.’ fifth frame of “It: Chapter Two” which nabbed $1.4 million.
A movie theater in Huntington Beach, Calif., showing the film “Joker” was closed down on Thursday night after a “credible” threat was reported to police, the Huntington Beach Police Department said on Friday.

The final two showings of the movie at the Century Huntington Beach and XD theater in the Bella Terra shopping center were canceled after officers were sent to the scene. Showings resumed on Friday.

The Huntington Beach Police Department said in a statement that it had received information about a possible threat to the Century Theater in response to the opening of “Joker.”

“The police department deemed the threat was credible enough to provide a uniformed presence at the theater,” the statement said. “As the investigation continued, our officers worked with the managers of the theater, who determined they would cancel the final two showings of the movie and close the theater out of an abundance of caution. Based on the investigation, and in working with theater management, it was determined that the theater could safely reopen today and resume normal operation.”

The theater’s website on Friday showed that the facility was open for business as usual, with advance tickets for sale. The police did not provide any details about the nature of the threat.

“The Huntington Beach Police Department will provide patrols at Century Theater for the rest of this weekend,” the police added. “We are working in conjunction with the theater’s management as well as mall security to provide a safe environment to the public. This incident is currently under investigation, and no further details will be provided.”

The film’s themes of mental illness and its relationship to violence have caused theater owners and law enforcement to worry about the message “Joker” sends. New York and Los Angeles police are deploying officers to theaters screening the film this weekend. “Joker” premiered on Aug. 31 at the Venice Film Festival, where it won the Golden Lion — the festival’s highest prize.
Aug 28, 2019
 

itellsya

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
The story is still updating but so far the reports state that in Manhattan, NY, a homeless man "randomly" murdered 4 other homeless men within a small area with a blunt object:


Four 'homeless' men battered to death in New York



Four men thought to be homeless have been battered to death in New York in the space of a single night, with a fifth critically injured, police say.

Their suspected killer was detained by police as an attack was in progress in Chinatown and the suspected weapon, a long metal object, was recovered.

All of the victims died of blunt trauma to the head and appear to have been asleep when they were attacked.

They were assaulted at three different locations in Manhattan.

The suspect, 24, is in custody but has not yet been charged, the Associated Press news agency reports.

Police are still investigating possible motives for the attacks and have not yet named the victims.

What else are US media reporting?

Police were alerted by an emergency call just before 02:00 (06:00 GMT).

The man who survived was the second to be attacked and was found a short distance away from the first. He was taken to New York's Downtown Hospital in critical condition. The other three men were killed a street away.

The attacks took place in both Chinatown and the Lower East Side, the New York Times reports.

Michael Baldassano, chief of Manhattan South detectives, described the weapon as a "pipe", said to be about 3ft (90cm) long.

The suspect himself was homeless, he added, and appeared to have carried out "random attacks", with nobody "targeted by race, age, anything by that nature".

Two victims were reportedly found in front of a shop and a third across the street.
 

c.a.

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
What the main stream hides are the critical details.



Four people have been killed and at least five others injured after gunmen, who are still at large, entered a bar in Kansas City and started shooting.

The incident took place shortly before 1:30am at the Tequila KC bar on Central Avenue in downtown Kansas City.

Police say there was at least two attackers, who were armed with handguns. They fled the scene after the incident. Investigations have revealed that an earlier dispute inside the bar lead to the shooting.

Approximately 40 people were in the venue when the incident occurred and the victims were all Hispanic males, according to 41 Action News.


"Detectives are here and are looking at any surveillance," Officer Thomas Tomasic told the local news outlet. "This is definitely one of those that we’re going to do everything very slowly, very methodically and correctly."

One of the victims was in their late 50s, one was in his mid 30s and the other two were in their mid 20s. The injured people were transported to hospitals in the area and they are all believed to be in a stable condition.

Kansas City Mayor, David Alvey, said he will pray for the family of the victims and the assailants and the shooting was "sad for all those involved."

Gangbanger's.

 

c.a.

The Living Force
FOTCM Member

c.a.

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
From Israel.





PM: German synagogue attack is expression of rising anti-Semitism in Europe Merkel condemns attack, expresses ‘solidarity for all Jews’; Rivlin: ‘stunned and pained by terrible anti-Semitic murders’; Gantz: Berlin must increase fight against Jew hatred

Moments after the end of Yom Kippur, Israeli leaders expressed shock and outrage over the deadly attack Wednesday targeting a synagogue in the German city of Halle.

“The terror attack against the community in Halle, Germany, on Yom Kippur, the holiest day for our people, is another expression of the rising anti-Semitism in Europe,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a statement, moments after the holy day ended in Israel (while it was still ongoing in Germany).

“In the name of the Israeli people I send condolences to the families of the victims and wishes for a speedy recovery to the injured,” he went on. “I call on the German authorities to continue to act determinedly against the phenomenon of anti-Semitism.”

President Reuven Rivlin said he was “stunned and pained by the terrible anti-Semitic murders in Germany” that were committed during the holiest and most important day of the year for all Jews around the world. He called on German leaders and the entire free world to bring the full force of law against anti-Semitism and its results.

“We will continue to campaign for education and remembrance in the fight against anti-Semitism which raises its head again and again in Europe and across the world, based on the clear understanding that it is not a problem of the Jews alone, but threatens to destroy us all,” the president said.

The Foreign Ministry in Jerusalem on Wednesday evening also released a statement expressing “shock” at the attack, noting that it continues to “follow developments with concern.”

A few minutes later, Foreign Minister Israel Katz took to Twitter to express his “deep shock” at the attack, saying it was “reminiscent of dark periods in Jewish history.” Katz, too, urged Berlin to do more to fight Jew hatred.

Numerous Israeli politicians, including opposition leader Benny Gantz, also released statements of condolences and calls on Berlin to increase its fight against Jew hatred.

“This incident, rooted in anti-Semitism, on the holiest day for the Jewish people, is one of many attacks against Jews throughout the world in recent weeks. It highlights the need for the international community to combat anti-Semitism – anti-Jewish and anti-Zionist movements alike,” Gantz said.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel condemned the deadly shooting, her spokesman said, adding an expression of “solidarity for all Jews on the holy day of Yom Kippur.”

Merkel had “deep sympathy” for the victims’ loved ones, government spokesman Steffen Seibert tweeted, adding the veteran chancellor’s “thanks to all the security forces who are still on the scene.”

The US Embassy in Berlin tweeted its condemnation of the attack as well. “This attack is an attack on all of us and the perpetrators must be held accountable. We mourn the victims of this senseless violence,” the tweet read.

The embassy announced that 10 Americans were in the synagogue at the time of the attack.

On Monday, the Central Council of Jews in Germany condemned German authorities for “negligence” after it released a man who attempted to run into a synagogue armed with a knife in central Berlin on Friday evening.

Agencies contributed to this report.





One tweeter commented that Rita Katz is an agent of Mossad

Official Twitter Account of Rita Katz, Director of SITE Intelligence Group LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/rita-katz

 

itellsya

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
5 people have been stabbed by a man at a shopping centre in Manchester, UK. A video tweet shows officers apprehending the man with a taser. Terrorism officers are leading the investigation "Given the location of the incident and its nature".


5 stabbed at shopping center in Manchester, UK


James Morris
The Independent
Fri, 11 Oct 2019 12:43 UTC





machester stab
© John Greenhalgh via Reuters
Terrorism officers are investigating after five people were stabbed in the Manchester Arndale shopping centre on Friday.

Greater Manchester Police said a man in his 40s has been arrested on suspicion of serious assault and taken into custody.

The five victims have been taken to hospital but their conditions are unknown.

A force statement read: "Specialist officers are continuing to respond to an incident at the Arndale shopping centre in Manchester city centre.


"We can confirm that five people have been stabbed and taken to hospital.

"In these early stages we are keeping an open mind about the motivation of this terrible incident and the circumstances as we know them."

It went on: "Given the location of the incident and its nature officers from Counter Terrorism Police North West are leading the investigation as we determine the circumstances.

"A man in his 40s - who was arrested at the scene on suspicion of serious assault - remains in custody for questioning."

Social media posts showed a large number of officers at the scene and a suspect being Tasered.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said: "Shocked by the incident in Manchester and my thoughts are with the injured and all those affected.

"Thank you to our excellent emergency services who responded and who are now investigating what happened."

Freddie Houlder, 22, from Market Drayton, was in the Arndale when he heard "a load of screams just outside" the shop he was in.

He said a woman then came into the shop and told others "a guy just ran past the shop and tried to stab me".


Mr Houlder added: "Luckily she had quite a thick jacket - she thought originally it was a fake knife because of how easily it grazed off but police came in and said it was a real knife and she burst into tears."

He said he was evacuated several minutes later at which point he saw "a bunch of curtains covering someone seriously injured or dead, I don't know".


David Allinson, centre director at Manchester Arndale, said: "A serious incident has taken place at Manchester Arndale this morning.

"The centre has been evacuated while police investigate the incident.

"We are unable to comment any further as the incident is currently being handled by Greater Manchester Police, who we will continue to support with their investigation."
 

angelburst29

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
4 Dead in shooting at illegal gambling site in Brooklyn, NY
4 dead in shooting at illegal gambling site in Brooklyn
NEW YORK Oct. 13, 2019 - Gunfire broke out inside an illegal gambling club in Brooklyn early Saturday, police said, leaving four people dead, three wounded, and investigators trying to piece together what prompted the bloodshed.

The shooting inside the small, nondescript club started just before 7 a.m. as around 15 people were gambling with dice and cards, police said.

At a news conference hours later, Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea said investigators were trying to determine if a gambling dispute, a robbery, or something else was to blame for the violence. "A bit of a chaotic scene," Shea said.

Two handguns were recovered. Multiple shots were fired and police didn't immediately say how many people might have been shooting.

The victims, who have not been identified, ranged in age from 32 to 49, Shea said. Two may have lived out of state and the rest were from neighborhoods throughout Brooklyn.

All of the people shot were men, save for one wounded woman. The injured were expected to survive. One additional person was hurt fleeing.

No one was immediately charged in the shooting, but police were questioning survivors and reviewing security camera footage.

"We have some individuals back at the 77th Precinct and we're trying to piece together exactly what transpired in that location," Shea said.

The unlicensed club, adorned with a sign identifying it as the "Triple A Aces Private & Social Event Space," was operating on the first floor of an older wood-frame townhouse on a block with some empty storefronts and boarded-up buildings.

The shooting was the second mass killing in New York in a week. Four homeless men were beaten to death , allegedly by another homeless man, on Oct. 5 in Manhattan's Chinatown.

Until those killings, the city had been on pace to challenge its post-World War II record for the fewest homicides. Last year it had fewer than 300 in a city of more than 8.5 million people.
 

Windmill knight

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Absolutely crazy situation in the northern Mexican city of Culiacán yesterday. The National Guard happened to come across one of the sons of "El Chapo" Guzmán (notorious drug baron now jailed in the US), so they grabbed him. In response, the cartel surrounded the NG, summoned dozens of sicarios (hitmen) from the region and started several shootings throughout the city, burning trucks, barricading roads and liberating prisoners from a jail in the process. The whole city was in a state of siege and spontaneous curfew as people ran into buildings not to go out again. Eventually the authorities gave in and released the so-called "Chapito" (little Chapo), apparently now head of the cartel. Some very dramatic videos appeared on social media - see the link below:

 
Top Bottom