Recovering from Arthritis

ClaudiaYG

Jedi
FOTCM Member
In 2008 I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at age 23. I started taking methotrexate three years and then decided to stop treatment because of side effects. In 2011 I married and the disease was in remission, my husband suggested I do the paleo diet and started in 2013 with good results. In 2015 all change had relapse worst of the disease, one day could no longer move me, my husband had to help me dress, get up when I went to the bathroom, sleeping all the time, stiffness and pain all over my body, I lost a lot of weight, I felt scared, sad and angry.
I knew that the solution was not taking methotrexate, so I decided to consult Gaby. She helped me a lot in this process, I started to have less pain in November 2015 but there was still way to go.

2015 was a very difficult and painful year not only for me but also for my husband and my parents. I think the disease came to give me a great opportunity to work with my emotions and needs, also my patterns and my personal relationships.

From October 2015 to April 2016, my levels of inflammation remained the same, high per the blood tests. Neck pain while moving it and foremost when I moved my head to the right side, inflammation in my knees and right shoulder, so much that limited the arm movement while pulling it up. Jaw pain on the right side as well.

In August 2015 I injured my right ankle becoming inflamed all the time, a lot of pain, I couldn’t walk long distances nor to remain sit for long. I was looking a physiotherapist, who treated the ankle, but the inflammation didn’t recede, after that I went to a rheumatologist who infiltrated the ankle, which helped, but after 3 months it was inflamed again.

In April this year my husband and I had the chance to go to Europe, and although the ankle was hurting more, the pain was manageable in other areas. My parents were concerned about the trip, suggesting waiting until I was stronger, my husband was also concerned for my health, but internally I felt strong, confident and sure that I would be able to do the trip, aware of my limitations. I wasn’t afraid of the trip until my parents told me what they were thinking, and in that moment I felt angry that they were making me foster doubts. Yet I was able to calm down and to acknowledge their comments and let that fear go away, as the fear was theirs, not mine. I knew the trip was important for me for many reasons. So we went to Europe and returned back home OK, with more energy and motivation to get back my health.

Also in April I had the food allergies test and received the results in May. Immediately dropped eggs and butter, among other foods, and noticed two weeks later that my neck pain started to diminish, the jaw pain went away, as well as the soared throat I have had for months.

In May I had the heavy metal test, resulting in very high lead levels, at the end of that month I started with IV EDTA chelation therapy, it would be a total of 12 sessions. The next day of the first three sessions I would feel very tired, wanting to sleep all day. When I started to deal with the food intolerances the knee inflammation started to recede, yet, I noticed that after the chelation sessions the knees would swell more. But starting on the 7th session I noticed that the knee inflammation was gone, the shoulder pain was gone too, and mobility was back almost 100%. With the 8th IV session my energy came back, before this I would wake up tired, never mind how much I had slept, now this doesn’t happen anymore. I am 3 IV sessions away from finishing.

On August 23rd I started the antibiotics protocol, on recommendation of our favorite doctor. I am taking only doxycycline and Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) until I finish the chelation sessions, then I will start to take the rest of the antibiotics. Before this I had some blood tests and to my surprise the inflammation levels went down considerably.

Now I am on the third week of the protocol and I don’t know how fast this works, or if it’s a result of all I had done, but after a year of having my ankle inflamed the swelling is going down. I can walk better, without limping, and I can stand longer too. I noticed that some foods I stopped eating two years ago, like nightshades, don’t inflame me anymore, I take my knee as a parameter, because it seems to be very sensitive.

Something important that I think accelerated the recovery process was that I started “Family Constelations” therapy, and I treated issues related with my father. And I think that it was with the last therapy session that pain reduced significantly, I was able to express all the anger I had felt since a little girl, and all I was doing was to transfer it to my husband.

Now I feel more in peace with dad, my relationship with my husband got better and I also notice this with my friends.

I am afraid of some things, but I notice they don’t overwhelm me as before, now I express them and I am capable of trusting that when the moment comes, whatever is necessary will be done.

I have learned a lot along these two years of physical and emotional pain. There were indeed times when I wanted to die, but the feeling eventually faded and then I was trusting my inner strength again, trusting in the fact I wasn’t alone.

I am profoundly grateful to my husband, as he has been with me at all times, with my parents who, although at times didn’t agree with this process, remained supportive and respectful and with the forum, because without their dedication and constant effort I wouldn’t have tried all these protocols. I started a blog in Spanish telling my story and putting out information, like SOTT articles, because for me is so important that other people know that there are other ways to deal with the disease.

ClaudiaYG said:
I am profoundly grateful to my husband, as he has been with me at all times, with my parents who, although at times didn’t agree with this process, remained supportive and respectful and with the forum, because without their dedication and constant effort I wouldn’t have tried all these protocols. I started a blog in Spanish telling my story and putting out information, like SOTT articles, because for me is so important that other people know that there are other ways to deal with the disease.

Thank you for sharing your journey :flowers:

I hope more people with autoimmune diseases will follow your example :hug2:

You mentioned you were diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, ClaudiaYG. Have you ever been tested for Lyme disease? Your symptoms seem to follow a similar pattern: numbness and problems on one side of the body, inflammation flare ups, knee and joint pain and swelling, weakness, fatigue and muscle pain.

The protocols you have been following, diet and chelation, including antibiotics, also help Lyme patients to recover. It seems that you are doing everything to help relieve the symptoms and clear your body of toxins. Maybe the next 3 IV sessions of chelation will help to reduce and eliminate much of inflammation?

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thank you for sharing your "adventures", Claudia. And, congratulations on being able to handle what your parents are putting on you. You are taking you life into your own hands now and reaping the benefits. It looks like you are doing all of the right things. Upwards and upwards. :)

Thanks for sharing your story, the results are remarkable. Especially when compared to where you might be if still following mainstream medical practices. It must have been difficult to convine your parents at times, but hopefully now that they can see the results for themselves it may help them reconsider the way they think about dealing with health issues.

People find it very difficult to get past the idea that 'doctor knows best', it's certainly like that with my parents, and I've seen it many others who would rather take extraordinary risks with their health by foolowing the conventional wisdom without question, rather than make the effort to study, find out alternatives and assess the various risks for themselves. Very sad state of affaris, but it makes your story all the more inspiring.

Thanks for sharing your experience Claudia, you went through quite a transformative journey these last couple of years and am glad to hear it paid off. :)

Your ability to address the inflammation with diet, detox and taking care of family issues at the same time is quite an achievement in itself. It also goes to show how mind and body are inextricably linked and if we want to solve our personal issues we need to take a more holistic approach.

Thanks for sharing Claudia, that was really inspiring! I'm so glad you are doing better, and are now able to share this knowledge with others.

As you are doing the anti-biotic protocol, if you haven't seen this thread already you may want to add probiotic and coffee enemas. Having healthy gut flora is really important to mental and physical health.

angelburst29 said:
You mentioned you were diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, ClaudiaYG. Have you ever been tested for Lyme disease? Your symptoms seem to follow a similar pattern: numbness and problems on one side of the body, inflammation flare ups, knee and joint pain and swelling, weakness, fatigue and muscle pain.

I agree, Lyme being a great imitator, it often gets misdiagnosed - Rheumatoid arthritis, Multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgya, you name it. In any case, the antibiotic protocol is useful for Lyme as well, so good thing you're doing it!

Thanks for sharing your story, Claudia!

I know how frustrating these diseases can be and it's inspiring to see how you are taking care of yourself in all different levels without loosing hope! I'm really glad that you are improving.

It's also great that you started your blog, I would like to read it too ;) I'm sure that there are many people who will benefit from your experience and will be inspired by your proactive approach.

Keep it up and speedy recovery for you! :flowers:

Felipe4 said:
It is a great story ClaudiaYG, how you've been able to overcome this illness, and it certainly a motivator for a lot of people experiencing any illness.

Just wanted to wish you a speedy and full recovery :hug2:

I'm glad you made it through all of this ClaudiaYG. Thank you for your inspiring story. Knowledge protects, and where there's a will there's a way. It goes to show what we can overcome when we work at taking care of ourselves. Wishing you continued good health. :flowers:

Gaby said:
ClaudiaYG said:

Thank you for sharing your journey :flowers:

I hope more people with autoimmune diseases will follow your example :hug2:

Thank you Gaby for you support!

Back
Top Bottom