regression/hypnotherapy

Mollywobbles87

A Disturbance in the Force
I am very curious about furthering my personal insight through some form of hypno or regression therapy. I have been working on my lucid dreaming/meditation methods lately and have found some of the dreams i am able to remember are extremely insightful and thought provoking, not to mention quite a few which have turned out to be down right prophetic. The problem is - although I live within 20 miles of downtown LA, I am completely lost on how to go about finding a mentor/counselor type who can help me with this and who i can trust. Also i do not have the financial means to drop hundreds for a couple of sessions. I have lived my entire life pushing certain occurances and memories to the back of my mind simply because they didn't fit in but i'm beginning to see the connections of ALL life more and more and want to know how i fit into the bigger picture. I am especially interested in my ability of foresight and observation.

Here is a list of hypnotherapists in Los Angeles. From the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis.

_http://www.asch.net/Public/MemberReferralSearch/tabid/182/Default.aspx

In case the link does not work:
Flinda T. Behringer, LCSW Los Angeles CA
Thomas M. Brod, MD Los Angeles CA
Richard A. Cohn, PhD Los Angeles CA
Ann J. Elkin, PhD Los Angeles CA
Susan J. Fisher, PsyD Los Angeles CA
Marcia L. Lasswell, MA Los Angeles CA
Ikuko T. Lazarus, MS Los Angeles CA
Nadia Mishael, PsyD, LCSW Los Angeles CA
Howard J. Newman, PsyD Los Angeles CA
Ben Pomerantz, MSW Los Angeles CA
Randi J. Riffkind, PhD Los Angeles CA
Jessica Schairer, PhD Los Angeles CA
Marc Schoen, PhD Los Angeles CA
Tommie L. White, PhD Los Angeles CA

Usually you have to pay at least a hundred dollars per hour. but maybe you could find someone that would work on this list.

It may be very difficult to find a trustworthy, professional therapist if you dont have money or the insurance to cover the cost of sessions. You can go to community counselling services, but it sounds like you are looking for something specific in the field which may not be provided.

I have lived my entire life pushing certain occurances and memories to the back of my mind simply because they didn't fit in but i'm beginning to see the connections of ALL life more and more and want to know how i fit into the bigger picture. I am especially interested in my ability of foresight and observation.

Have you tried http://eiriu-eolas.org/ - its a breathing and meditation program that was created to help work through emotional blockages, as well as promote a greater sense of mind and connection by reducing stress and stimulating the repair and relaxation nerves in your body. Its a phenomenal program that most everyone on this forum practices regularly.

Also, there is a ton of research and experiences into the ideal diet humans need to eat in order to help heal our minds and bodies. Here is a link to probably the most important and up-to-date information. http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,22916.0.html

Not to dissuade you from seeing a therapist - Ive started seeing one myself. But the above two have helped me immensely and has made my time in therapy a lot more productive.

Good day all

I as well am currently seeking regression therapy in the upstate New York area. I have not buried the issues in my past but recently have connected them together to give me a clearer picture of why I did the things I did. After reading Karla Turners works as well as High strangeness and a very high stack of other books throughout the last 30 years or so I believe it may be time to face the devil if that's if that is what you would call it. A change in my diet is already in progress and I have looked into the breathing program ( I'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes). Change is difficult, but I am picking at it slowly but surely. Any recommendations for a decent hypnotherapist in my area would be great.

You might want to do a search on 'hypnotherapy' on the forum; it may not be good for you. After considering it myself for a long time, and reading input by Laura and others, I came to the conclusion that it's like cheating - one wants a "quick fix" with all the secrets revealed, without doing any serious work on the self. I personally have abandoned the idea.

Here's what Laura wrote about it quite recently

Also notice: I practiced hypnotherapy for 25 years. I quit back in 2002 because after all those years, I realized that it really doesn't work. It's like putting a band-aid on a severed artery. I also realized that you can open doors of perception that should never be opened and you can't put the genie back in the bottle. Proceed at your own risk.

Aragorn said:
You might want to do a search on 'hypnotherapy' on the forum; it may not be good for you. After considering it myself for a long time, and reading input by Laura and others, I came to the conclusion that it's like cheating - one wants a "quick fix" with all the secrets revealed, without doing any serious work on the self. I personally have abandoned the idea.

In one of Karla's video talks that I watched, she mentioned that people often ask her if they should get regression to uncover their abductions and she said (and I'm paraphrasing since it's been a while), "honestly, unless you want your life turned upside down, I wouldn't. You really need to understand what you're getting into, it's not pleasant, it changes your whole life."

She's speaking from experience...

anart said:
Aragorn said:

In one of Karla's video talks that I watched, she mentioned that people often ask her if they should get regression to uncover their abductions and she said (and I'm paraphrasing since it's been a while), "honestly, unless you want your life turned upside down, I wouldn't. You really need to understand what you're getting into, it's not pleasant, it changes your whole life."

She's speaking from experience...

I've discussed hypnotherapy with my therapist, and in her opinion doesn't find it very useful in helping her clients move past whatever traumas and issues they are going through. Abductions must be extremely traumatic, if those memories were to come up all at once, they could be very damaging to a person's psyche, probably to the point of not being able to recover from it.

Suffice to say that connecting the dots in my life will due for now. I am glad I brought it forward before proceeding. Before the first of the year I had one of those " Oh my god " moments where all the dots connected . It showed me WHY I chose certain paths, by connecting all the really weird things that happened to me before I was 20. The thought of hypnotherapy came to me about a week ago and I felt driven to do it. Thinking back, my ears have been ringing like crazy since the first of the year, and a feeling like the Deja vu in the matrix ( double cats) going on as of late. Time to start a new journal!! Thank you all for your responses.

I think that the perspective and exercises offered in the forum threads "The Adaptive Unconscious" and "Redirect" are far more useful than hypnosis. And I say that after practicing hypnotherapy for over 25 years.

Thank you Laura for your insight and I will look in the direction you have pointed out as well as continuing with my diet change and other endeavors :) .

Where exactly can I find more information on these two "The Adaptive Unconscious" and "Redirect" techniques that Laura mentions?
Thank you all! :)

THANK YOU Vulcan59, VERY VERY MUCH for your time !!!! ;) I am a happy bookworm eating up all this Grand knowledge !

Well I'm glad I came here before I took another mental suggestion :lol:
I'm reading through Strangers to Ourselves currently & hypnotherapy came to mind as I've been finding it difficult to write/journal recently & get ruminating or intrusive thoughts. Find such distressing whilst reading though I think they'll go away with time so giving those two threads a thorough read & doing the exercises in the meanwhile could be useful.

Thanks everyone :)

Thank you for sharing knowledge on this subject, I have recently been presented with an opportunity to partake in a 'Case Study' - having hypnotherapy done while having the results documented. My initial response was 'Abductions!'

Considering the potentially detrimental effects information of this sort that can have, I am starting to question whether it is such a great idea (as I once thought), who knows what could crop up in my subconscious... I shall have a read through those threads. :D

Back
Top Bottom