Reverse Speech Discussion

Yossarian

Jedi Master
Anybody have an opinion or thoughts on the subject? Here's what little that I know:

I'm posting this as one that is admittedly deficient in enough knowledge or data to have an informed opinion. I'm somewhat familiar with the concept of reverse speech and find it fascinating. I've heard many examples of it, even one of my own. It certainly appears to be a "real" phenomenon, where the sub-conscious mind communicates in reverse while the person speaks in forward and others listening can perhaps pick up this communication on a sub-conscious level. Haven't had time to explore it much further. The few items that I've heard that seem "verifiable" seem to match up with what the C's have to say.

I know in the C's transcripts, Laura brings it up. The C's don't deny that it is a genuine or useful phenomenon. They simply tell Laura that it isn't a universal phenomenon; it isn't a phenomenon with all people (like not OP's or Psychopaths, or human simulcra or ? perhaps). (this is my best recollection) I think Laura dropped it there. Perhaps the C's were saying that it wasn't worth pursuing? I couldn't tell from that little bit.

For those unfailiar with the phenomenon more info can be found here: www.reversespeech.com/home.htm

One of the reasons that I bring it up now is because of John Chang's post on a guys article where the writer bases almost all of his information on speech reversals he pulled off of Rice, Cheney, Bush, and Negroponte recently. Knowledge of the validity of Reverse Speech would be helpful in evaluating the article. All his reverse speech examples are available from the article. The author wants the word spread far and wide because if the word gets out, it will be harder to pull off a "terrorist" attack with so much foreknowledge--he says--I think. The post is called "Nuke in Texas?" found here: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=821

What's the QFS take on Reverse Speech?

I never heard of reverse speech before, but it sure looks interesting. If it really does what Mr Oates says it does, it could be a really useful tool. My guess is that the question would be exactly what or what part of our brain designs those messages, and how susceptible they are to control.

Now, since I had not the slightest idea of how you get a tape player to play backwards, I looked around, and here's a method regarding cassettes (and possibly CD's, but that one involves messing with your computer and I do wonder about the friction on the belt that would result from doing that - to my electronically - uneducated mind it looks like a fire hazard)

http://members.tripod.com/~Myrke/backmasking.html

Hi Marie.

Thank's for the link! :) I've read some things on reverse speech, and found it worth exploring, but do not think it worth the trouble to buy the special players advertized on the site mentioned above. I just can't believe I didn't think of the simple solution offered in the site you mentioned myself! Oh well, like I said, I think reverse speech is worth exploring, but not something so important as to expend a lot of energy on it. Well, now with this little solution I won't have to. So, thank's again.

I haven't yet read the links above, but you can do "reversing" without special hardware on most computers. Most soundcards come with "wave-editing" utilites in which you record the CD to the computer, or stream audio on your computer, save it to the harddrive and then use the programs to reverse the speech. No special CD drives or anything requied.

Don

Reverse Speech vs Psychopath

It may be important for this group to look into "Reversed Speech".
To see why, for example, see http:[2slash]www(dot)ken-welch.com/WHReaction.html

Ken Welch.com said:
Ken-Welch.com went live on March 25, 2006, with the sole purpose of stopping the "Easter Surprise", a plot to detonate a smuggled Russian nuke in or near the port of Texas City, Texas, over the Easter weekend. This act of false terror was intended to provide the Unites States with a new 9-11 and whip up enough public outrage to support a nuclear attack on the Iranian republic, a key step in a plan to remake the world into a wholly-owned empire based on the power of Money and U.S. sponsored Terror. Our report documenting the plot remains the most extensive and in-depth use of reversed speech as an investigative tool in history.
read that much, stopped.

Interesting

You don't feel that a possible method to see through lies
is of interest?

In this day and age?

"Reversed speech has been around for a while, and many people understand how it works. For those new to the concept, it revolves around the discovery that unconscious processes in the mind are capable of speaking, just as your conscious mind is, but because they use a speech center in the opposite (right) brain hemisphere, the words that are produced come out backwards. Many types of information flow through this channel, and one of the most interesting is a form of commentary on what is being said through the other speech center. This form of information is rather like listening to a person's conscience, sometimes called the "observer", with associated memories thrown in as well. It's about as close to the concept of mind-reading as we are likely to see in this lifetime.

The technique is simply to record a person's speech, and play the recording backward at about two thirds normal speed. There are software tools that allow you to do this quite easily, although experience and good judgment are a part of the equation. In the midst of the nonsensical garble are perfectly understandable words and phrases that can be isolated and provide a wealth of information to the RS researcher."

Job 15 : 5-6

Your sin prompts your mouth;
you adopt the tongue of the crafty.
Your own mouth condemns you, not mine;
your own lips testify against you.
- (New International Bible)

Re: Reverese speech: record your dog barking, reverse it, use your imagination, and you will discover "interesting information" about "who is the real author of Mona Lisa", for instance. "Scientific justification: dogs are notorious of knowing thing that humans don't know! This is well documented! Also, dogs are not able to use human voice in direct speech, but in reverse speech their subconscious works!

I did the "reverse speech experiments", and they are as good as the "Bible code". :lol:

ark said:
I did the "reverse speech experiments", and they are as good as the "Bible code". :lol:
Yes, but your dog is *smart*.

domivr said:
ark said:
Yes, but your dog is *smart*.
I did my experiment with our neighbour's dog, that is rather dumb, delicatly speaking.... It is not intelligence that is important, it is the "reverse of intelligence" :lol:

Thanks for feedback, Ark
touched base with a psychologist friend on this issue & he voiced the opposite opinion regarding reverse speech.
But, i was wanting feedback here on it.
At the risk of angst, it does likely have more science behind it then... say... a ouji board.
;-)

Many thank-you's for the links, Devar
I'll keep looking into the topic.

Back
Top Bottom