REVIEW: Carrie Hart, Quado, and Power Animals Unleashed

D Rusak

Jedi Council Member
REVIEW: Carrie Hart, Quado, and Power Animals Unleashed

Okay....after many wrong turns, travails and travels in the last months (including almost getting stranded abroad sans everything but my wallet and instruments) SOTT Slackers FINALLY presents "A review of Quado, Power Animals Unleashed, and other Random Assorted Objects relating to Carrie Hart".

www(dot)quado(dot)com
www(dot)carriehart(dot)com
www(dot)poweranimalsunleashed(dot)com

Carrie Hart describes herself as an unlikely person to enter the field of new-age enlightenment. Upon wandering into a bookstore one day, she bought a book entitled "You Are Psychic" by Pete Sanders, started working on the exercises contained therein, and became a channeler.

Mr. Sanders' website www(dot)freesoul(dot)net lists another book entitled "Access Your Brain's Joy Center", which threw up a red flag immediately. He runs workshops on "scientific vortices" for meditational purposes (and name-dropping his MIT creds and terms like string theory and Einstein), which seems like a crock of hoo-hah if I ever heard one. No information to back any of this up is listed on the website. I would hope a scientist would try to investigate his ideas and present them for scholarly discussion.

After a time, a specific entity named Quado presented itself (in 1995), and became her main contact. Ms. Hart receives inspirational messages from her buddy Quado and posts them on her website each week or so. She does not appear to question any of the material received by this or any other entities, nor relates any of it to what is actually going on in the world today. Quado's messages are purely meditative and do not involve predictions of any sort; the messages are almost entirely self-affirmation exercises and meditations.

In 2001 she began to contact another entity, Running Wolf, supposedly a Native American shaman who aids her in performing spiritual healings. In 2006 she was contacted by yet another entity, which prompted her to make her most recent recording (see below) and her offshoot website, www(dot)poweranimalsunleashed(dot)com. In 2002 she completed Reiki instruction at Stonehenge, where she claimed to envision Buddha and Jesus among other things at the initiation. She lists her teacher as William Lee Rand. She used to offer private spiritual consultation sessions but now seems content just to offer "energized crystals", music, and general new age knicknacks for sale for about $20 online.

Quado is your garden-variety YCYOR junk. Basically, one meditates upon light and love, and one is supposed to receive it. Obviously this isn't helping things in the world you and I live in, but if one deludes oneself, one's reality is bright and fuzzy (until the meteor showers come. Then it's going to get REALLY bright). It appears that Ms. Hart receives her transmissions in a light trance during meditation, and writes down her information as she receives it or soon thereafter. There is no mention that she actually envisions the entity Quado, although she does see lights, spheres, and occasionally other people (as mentioned previously).

One of the first things one encounters on her website is an advert for her CD "Here I Am". Being a musician, I was quite interested in what this would entail. I took a listen, and it's her singing Ave Maria with her own YCYOR lyrics instead of the Latin original. She claims to have gotten the inspiration for this from a new voice in her head last summer (2006). She has the keyboardist from an Asian-jazz fusion group (named Hiroshima [!] ) playing something that sounds like a grade 3 piano accompaniment with her. Yikes. Not exactly sure why anyone would want to buy this, but you can get a copy of it cycled over and over (and over...) again- an hour's worth of Carrie-Maria can be yours for just $12.95 plus shipping and handling. She has some other CD's out that I found searching Google but I honestly couldn't stomach listening to much more of it.

What seemed curious to me is that the vibrato she uses sounds...well, a touch unnatural. It almost sounds like someone took a pitch modulator to her track- vibrato isn't really supposed to be strictly regular in rhythm. A month or two ago I got a thought in my head about the possibility of encouraging hypnotic or suggestible states by various noises in daily life- specifically within music, TV, and the like. I clocked her vibrato to 5 or 6 peaks per beat, with a metronome marking of 48. This would put it around 4 or 5 cycles a second. I'm not sure if listening to something that cycles at the same frequency of brainwave activity will put one in the corresponding mental state, but either way, the repetitive nature of the CD is clearly designed to put one in a YCYOR state of "bliss", "peace", or whatever you want to call it.

Power Animals Unleashed is rather laughable, at least to me. The instructions are to click on the "enchanted forest" link, where forest and stream sounds will come out of your (PC) speakers and a picture of a stream comes up on the screen. After meditating on what you wish to happen, you click on the next screen (with a picture of a forest) and your relevant "power animal" will arrive on the next page, with a meditative blurb, a song, and the chance to purchase your very own energized power animal stone for $28 and another sound file to download for additional money. If you don't buy anything, maybe you would have to mess with this guy

019-buffalo.jpg

So here we get to the $87 billion question: delusion or confusion? Well, I'm pretty sure there's a fair bit of plan old narcissism around and about here. If what she says is true, she is just another victim to the YCYOR scene. I did find it curious that she was a former VP for a Fortune 50 company as well as in computer programming, but she includes this on her site (although, there are no specific companies listed there or elsewhere that we can be sure of on a google search). Because of the amount of products for sale, it seems as though Ms. Hart doesn't have quite the heart she claims to. I don't know if it's the worst of COINTELPRO sites I've seen, but it seems like more of a distraction (and a rather unconvincing one at that) unless any of the sound things turn out to be more malevolent than at first listen. The websites and people she is linked to seem to be involved in potentially more sinister activities than she. The book list on her website is not completely wretched. I actually am a fan of Julia Cameron's book The Artist's Way, although I see how a new-agey person could have their way with it if they wanted. She lists books by Deepak Chopra, Eckhart Tolle, Rudolf Ballantine, Paramahansa Yogananda, and Barbara Rose as influences, in addition to Pete Sanders. She also is friends with one Maureen Moss (I saw that someone else noticed the similarity of the name to Maynerd Most in another review). I guess this Moss woman could use some researching as well. The websites confuse the audience, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the author is a bit deluded as well.

Back
Top Bottom