Rockin’ In the Free World....Canadian Freedom Convoy cover by Lukas Rossi

Debra

Dagobah Resident
This cover of the often used angst ridden Protest anthem, was penned and recorded by ex-Canadian Neil Young.
It is getting some air time during the Canadian Freedom Convoy, but recorded by someone else.

I really like it, and the video is very time appropriate, with added footage from the Canadian Freedom Convoy.

Lukas Rossi hails from Toronto, Ontario and gained recognition after winning a talent competition several years ago.
Of course Neil Young is trending right now, due to his snowflake melt down about Joe Rogan/covid and his subsequent hissy fit and removal from Spotify...what's a spotify?!?!

69D48A27-CAF9-4AC1-922E-8397FB55DD33.jpeg

I love it when a new artist records a cover of an original....and does such a good job he OWNS it! 🇨🇦

This cover of the often used angst ridden Protest anthem, was penned and recorded by ex-Canadian Neil Young.
It is getting some air time during the Canadian Freedom Convoy, but recorded by someone else.

I really like it, and the video is very time appropriate, with added footage from the Canadian Freedom Convoy.

Lukas Rossi hails from Toronto, Ontario and gained recognition after winning a talent competition several years ago.
Of course Neil Young is trending right now, due to his snowflake melt down about Joe Rogan/covid and his subsequent hissy fit and removal from Spotify...what's a spotify?!?!

View attachment 54137

I love it when a new artist records a cover of an original....and does such a good job he OWNS it! 🇨🇦

So severely disappointing that two of my prairie musical heroes - Joni and Neil have come out against a movement they would have 100% supported in the 70's. My dad dated one of the Nentwig twins and Neil dated the other. They met a couple of times in the 60's. Neil was instrumental in creating the "Winnipeg Sound". "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere" is an amazing album and is a reference to a saying that still defines Winnipeg. A lot of our musical identities here in Winnipeg are built on the great music Joni, Neil, The Guess Who and BTO created. Now what's coming out of the woodwork is very sad. Glad Paul Brandt and Lukas Rossi are standing up :-)

Back
Top Bottom