Russian elections 2018

Amarock

The Force is Strong With This One
So, elections finished yesterday. Results are, lets say, not shoking. :rolleyes:
Cs already said several times that Putin is basically best we've got, I wonder how is the situation at this moment of our time. I mean, he may be good overall, but time goes by, and percentages are becoming higher with every new elections, years in power can corrupt anybody. I hope in the future sessions we will be able to read Cs' take on that matter (there already were Trump's elections, Scottish referendum, etc)

Amarock said:
I mean, he may be good overall, but time goes by, and percentages are becoming higher with every new elections,

Why do you think is that?

Amarock said:
years in power can corrupt anybody.;

It's possible. Are you saying that this is what is happening in this case? Can you elaborate?

Amarock said:
I hope in the future sessions we will be able to read Cs' take on that matter (there already were Trump's elections, Scottish referendum, etc)

Do you think there was a foul play?

Who do you think would do a better job in this post?

Amarock said:
I mean, he may be good overall, but time goes by, and percentages are becoming higher with every new elections,

Here's one of the reasons for higher percentages (that has to do with higher number of voters). These are images of long waiting lines in front of Russian Embassies around the World. Apparently the number of Russian citizens, who were abroad and wanted to vote was really unprecedented.

Attachments

• photo_2018-03-19_20-02-13.jpg
    photo_2018-03-19_20-02-13.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 217
  • Berlin.jpg
    Berlin.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 229
  • Riga.jpg
    Riga.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 230
Congrats to Mr. Putin on a landslide victory!

Results are not surprising because he’s done a marvelous job for his people and people abroad. Russians seem to be rather practical, if something’s working let’s keep it going! I’m glad to have the opportunity of witnessing Putin in the global stage for a few more years.

I found it funny yesterday when I read an article that said “CNN correspondent shocked at how enthusiastic people were when voting”, and I felt like, well of course! They get to elect Putin, they’ve got a good thing going and they get to express their wish to keep it! I’d be excited!

Unlike in the US, where election season is an absurdly divisive season, where candidates and people focus on finding the worst and the most shameful of the other party.

Congratulations to President Putin! :wow: :love: :flowers: :wizard: Four more years of a ray of sanity shining through the dark clouds of Western intellectual decline.

Partial election results were announced during the Sott radio show last night and I can't even describe the relief I felt when I heard he was winning.

:rockon: Mr Putin!!

Ant22 said:
Four more years of a ray of sanity shining through the dark clouds of Western intellectual decline.

SIX years!

That's a lot of Putin...

:thup:

I don't know there could be anyone more qualified to fulfill his role, impressive win :clap:

Amarock said:
So, elections finished yesterday. Results are, lets say, not shoking. :rolleyes:
Cs already said several times that Putin is basically best we've got, I wonder how is the situation at this moment of our time. I mean, he may be good overall, but time goes by, and percentages are becoming higher with every new elections, years in power can corrupt anybody. I hope in the future sessions we will be able to read Cs' take on that matter (there already were Trump's elections, Scottish referendum, etc)

Corrupt or not, with wolves howling at the Russian door, desperate to see it destroyed, who would you chose to replace Putin?

A nice photo of President Putin casting his vote:

Russian presidential candidate Vladimir Putin voting at a polling station in Moscow
https://europeansworldwide.wordpress.com/2018/03/19/today-everyones-is-a-russian/

Scottie said:
Ant22 said:
Four more years of a ray of sanity shining through the dark clouds of Western intellectual decline.

SIX years!

That's a lot of Putin...

:thup:

Yeah :oops:

In this case "the more the merrier" fits perfectly! :clap:

Felipe4 said:
I don't know there could be anyone more qualified to fulfill his role, impressive win :clap:

Yes, I agree, watching the political scene in Russia it would be hard to find someone more qualified than Putin to the role of president and the same applies to those who surround him like Sergey Lavrov or Sergey Shoygu, the right people in the right places.

Back
Top Bottom