Russian Invasion?

mamadrama

The Living Force
BBC reports Russia invades Georgia Yikes!

_http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7550354.stm

BBC said:
Russian forces are locked in fierce clashes with Georgia inside its breakaway South Ossetia region, reports say, amid fears of all-out war.

Moscow sent armoured units across the border after Georgia moved against Russian-backed separatists.

Russia says 12 of its soldiers are dead, and separatists estimate that 1,400 civilians have died.

Georgia accuses Russia of waging war, and says it has suffered heavy losses in bombing raids, which Russia denies.

And yet Bush and Putin are still rather chummy...

sorry i can't get the image to copy

"President Bush chats with Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on the way to a welcome banquet in honor of the games in Beijing Friday. "The historic moment we have long awaited is arriving," Chinese President Hu Jintao told them and other world leaders."

Re: Russian Invasion

USA-backed Georgia first attacked, moved to regain control of South Ossetia ( _http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=65912&sectionid=351020606 ), technically part of Georgia, but de facto independent since it declared itself such some years ago. South Ossetia supposedly identifies more with Russia than Georgia -- according to Wikipedia, 70% of South Ossetians hold Russian citizenship. Thus, Russia saw this as an attack on its citizens by Georgia.

I don't know. I'm sure the truth will be clearer shortly. But, the fact that the US media is portraying this as a Russian invasion and interviewing the Georgian president first, well, hmmm.

Regardless, this conflict is excellent for the PTB because, obviously, from what I've just written, not but a tiny % of Americans will even begin to understand it, or want to, so it can be spun in the media any way they want.

What's pretty sure is that the US military has been training the Georgians since at least 2002 ( _http://www.eurasianet.org/departments/insight/articles/eav052802a.shtml AND _http://www.cdi.org/russia/208-6.cfm )
If the US is really running the show in Georgia (or at least its military) as suggested here ( _http://dc.indymedia.org/newswire/display/85597/index.php ), then it seems highly unlikely that the Georgian troop movement, if it was actually initial, was not known and sanctioned beforehand, at some level, by the U.S, which probably means some sneaky, high-level agenda is at work.

_http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08/08/georgia.ossetia/index.html

CNN has just reported the US/Israel trained forces of Georgia are engaged in heavy fighting as the Russian military responded to the invasion of South Ossettia. There are US/Israeli military advisors in Georgia. The pathocrats appear focused on spreading war throughout the region.

CNN said:
TBLISI, Georgia (CNN) -- Bombs rocked Tbilisi early Saturday morning as the fight between Georgia and Russia over a breakaway region intensified and moved into the Georgian capital.

A warplane drops bombs near the Georgian city of Gori on Friday as Russian and Georgian forces battle.

1 of 3 Government buildings, including the Parliament, were evacuated when the bombs fell.

Heavy casualties have reported on both sides since Russian forces moved Friday into South Ossetia, a pro-Russian autonomous region of Georgia.

Russian bombers were targeting Georgia's economic infrastructure, National Security Council secretary Alexander Lomaia said, including the country's largest Black Sea port, Poti, and the main road connecting the southern part of Georgia with the east and the airport.

War engulfs Georgia and South Ossetia. The pro-Israeli intelligence source DebkaFile details
the involvement of Israeli military advisors in Georgia. _http://debka.com/article.php?aid=1358

DebkaFile said:
DEBKAfile discloses Israel’s interest in the conflict from its exclusive military sources:

Jerusalem owns a strong interest in Caspian oil and gas pipelines reach the Turkish terminal port of Ceyhan, rather than the Russian network. Intense negotiations are afoot between Israel Turkey, Georgia, Turkmenistan and Azarbaijan for pipelines to reach Turkey and thence to Israel’s oil terminal at Ashkelon and on to its Red Sea port of Eilat. From there, supertankers can carry the gas and oil to the Far East through the Indian Ocean.

Aware of Moscow’s sensitivity on the oil question, Israel offered Russia a stake in the project but was rejected.

Last year, the Georgian president commissioned from private Israeli security firms several hundred military advisers, estimated at up to 1,000, to train the Georgian armed forces in commando, air, sea, armored and artillery combat tactics. They also offer instruction on military intelligence and security for the central regime. Tbilisi also purchased weapons, intelligence and electronic warfare systems from Israel.

These advisers were undoubtedly deeply involved in the Georgian army’s preparations to conquer the South Ossetian capital Friday.

I find the ponerized language of the governments officials indicates the pathology of the perpetrators. President Saakashvili
describes the murder of fellow human beings as a brilliant moment. AP reporter Musa Sadulayev has a vital insight into
the motivation for mass murder refered to as peace in the ponerized language of a pathocracy, the insight is that war is the key
to Saakashvili's hold on power. War is all about the psychopaths maintaining their hold on power. They are expert at using human
nature to divide and subjugate humanity.

Musa Sadulayev said:
The timing suggested Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili may have been counting on surprise to fulfill his longtime pledge to wrest back control of South Ossetia — a key to his hold on power. The rebels seek to unite with North Ossetia, which is part of Russia.

Saakashvili agreed the timing was not coincidental, but accused Russia of being the aggressor. "Most decision makers have gone for the holidays," he told CNN. "Brilliant moment to attack a small country."

Indeed, war again. One cannot not to think that this war could keep Russia busy, getting it easier to attack Iran. A kind of provocation.
On the other side, the American declaration is very strange, Georgia attacks Ossetia but it demands to ossetians to stop fighting. Victims have no right to defend themselves against aggression! Reminds of palestine and Iraq.

<< the American declaration is very strange, Georgia attacks Ossetia but it demands to ossetians to stop fighting >>

More revealing than strange, I think. It shows US backs Georgia and the Georgians are almost certainly acting with the tacit approval or encouragement of US and Israel. Georgia government wants US ties, wants membership in NATO. It wouldn't do something like this without a green light.

AdPop said:
More revealing than strange, I think. It shows US backs Georgia and the Georgians are almost certainly acting with the tacit approval or encouragement of US and Israel. Georgia government wants US ties, wants membership in NATO. It wouldn't do something like this without a green light.

I'd go further than that and suggest that the entire show is a Mossad/Israel & CIA/USA (ie, Axis of Evil) organised event. The world's attention is firmly on the Olympics and Hey Presto - another war; which puts the anti-Russian propaganda in the western press, as set out in July's Connecting the Dots article http://www.sott.net/articles/show/163218-Connecting-the-Dots-A-New-Cold-War-Meets-Chinese-Lanterns-Flying-in-the-Wind-of-Change, into some perspective.

This will not only provide the Russians with a headache that may prevent or at least hamper them intervening over Iran but will also enable the western mainstream media to paint them in an even worse light prior to the Iran attack. I wonder how the west will seek to manipulate Russian public opinion.

This is a really interesting and important thread. The fact that Israel has spent so much time arming and training the Georgian military makes it almost painfully obvious that this is a plan to keep Iran's biggest brother, Russia, occupied (no pun intended) while covert operations are hatched in Iran.

T.C.

On a lighter note, I just read on a Russian news site that one 'Jessica B' posted a question on Yahoo! Answers about Russian tanks in Georgia (USA). She wondered why she can't hear them roaming the streets, while she heard on the news that there is an invasion.

Here is the link for those who can read Russian.
_http://www.lenta.ru/news/2008/08/09/answers/

Unfortunately they removed her question from Yahoo site,
_http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080808091149AA3VGTk

but there is this one, where someone inquires about the thread.
_http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080809042509AA54deZ

Keit said:
On a lighter note, I just read on a Russian news site that one 'Jessica B' posted a question on Yahoo! Answers about Russian tanks in Georgia (USA). She wondered why she can't hear them roaming the streets, while she heard on the news that there is an invasion.

<snip>

Unfortunately they removed her question from Yahoo site,
_http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080808091149AA3VGTk

but there is this one, where someone inquires about the thread.
_http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080809042509AA54deZ

Yep! Gotta keep the truth outta the MSM. Don't want anyone seeing through any lies.

However, finding out that Israel has been arming and training Georgia's military kind of let the cat out of the bag for those who are watching. Whenever Israel is involved you might just expect a war to pop up there, if not false flag operations - or both.

[quote author=Laurel]The historic moment we have long awaited is arriving," Chinese President Hu Jintao told them and other world leaders."
[/quote]

It seems that the thoroughly planned "clash of the civilizations" moved one step further with this new war.

On one side the western block with the USA, UK, Israel, France... on the other side the Eastern block Russia, China, Iran... leading to a global conflict where no alternative is allowed, you're either on the side of the Western block or on the side of the Eastern block.

However the real conflict is not between those two "civilizations" with their seemingly ideological differences (judeo Christianity VS Islam, Capitalism VS Communism) but between the psychopathic world leaders who benefits from those wars and the people of Russia, Georgia, Ossetie or any other country who fund those wars, who suffer and die because of those wars.

I’d like to get the viewpoints of the forum members on what’s going on in South Ossetia. I may be wrong, and many details are not yet clear, but it seems that another step has been taken towards starting a World War (those who’ve been vocally advocating it call it "World War IV"). This could be the first escalation in conflicts around the world that is done in the hopes of spreading war globally. The escalations with Iran and the Middle East have been steadily progressing, and now this.

It’s pretty clear that Saakashvili in Georgia is another of the US/Zionist puppets and a ruthless tyrant towards his own population. He has almost no support from the Georgian people and also has declared a 15 day state of emergency / martial law IN Georgia itself. So it is part of his efforts to hang on to power, but his puppet masters also very much want to destabilize the region, especially Russia. Also there is the very similar conflict over Abkhazia, another breakaway region from Georgia.

What do you guys think about this dangerous situation?

Yes, it's invasion.

South Ossetia "technically" or not is part of Georgia, but russian invaders felt at home there for a long time ( http://romanik.livejournal.com/201690.html ).

Even if Russia has distributed passports... Tomorrow China will give passports in the USA and start to protect "own citizens".

USA has already closed eyes on the conflict. Tomorrow Russia will close eyes on bombardments of Iran.

Hello all,

I guess I am only reiterating what has already been discussed, but... Taking into account only standard, non-hyperdimensional power struggles, is this the way to tie up Russia while a move on Iran is made? Are we moving out of the war-on-terror (except as an excuse to remove civil rights in the US or invade a country every once in a while) into a trilateral (US vs. Russia vs. China vs. US), neverending struggle à la Orwell's 1984? As redundant as this is to write... Very very disturbing and scary this whole thing is...

[quote author=Akopirnas]USA has already closed eyes on the conflict. Tomorrow Russia will close eyes on bombardments of Iran.[/quote]

Yep. I think that you are on to something.

Here's an article on sott about the US navel armada moving into place along with it's friends.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/163633-Massive-US-Naval-Armada-Heads-For-Iran

Things are coming to a head. And it seems we are one step closer here in the axis of evil to Bush declaring a state of emergency and he will remain dictator for the short while the US will still be an empire.

"The historic moment we have long awaited is arriving," Chinese President Hu Jintao told them and other world leaders."

- indeed. :(

Patience said:
Hello all,

I guess I am only reiterating what has already been discussed, but... Taking into account only standard, non-hyperdimensional power struggles, is this the way to tie up Russia while a move on Iran is made? Are we moving out of the war-on-terror (except as an excuse to remove civil rights in the US or invade a country every once in a while) into a trilateral (US vs. Russia vs. China vs. US), neverending struggle à la Orwell's 1984? As redundant as this is to write... Very very disturbing and scary this whole thing is...

I think that is one of the purposes: to keep us all confused and scared

Like others said already, it seems that the real axis of evil (NATO, US, Israel) have all their hand in the creation of the conflict. Saakashvili seems to be working under outside "influence" and personal ambitions, and is following the US motto, "we make war to have peace". And yes, it is interesting that the conflict started on the day the Olympics did, given most presidents are now in China.

From what i read, i reckon that the conflict has to do with the AoE's access to Caspian oil, getting a thorn into Russia's side and make them appear as the bad guys, and to me it seems about probably creating some kind of destruction distraction, for other things to take place underneath - as Lynne's post shows - an attack on Iran.

I was now reading this BBC piece Georgia 'calls Ossetia ceasefire' where Georgia and Russia appear to blame each other for not ceasing fire, and among others says:

The United Nations Security Council began meeting for a fourth day on Sunday to discuss the conflict. It has so far failed to agree on the wording of a statement calling for a ceasefire.

A bunch of geniuses those guys at the United Nations! Who pays them? Clearly this conflict is needed to exist and continue. :evil:

Irini

Back
Top Bottom