Session transcripts as one big HTML file

Searching multiple users works with comma separation like 'Chu, Andromeda'
Hmm... Search wasn't working as it should when filtered by all three posters - Andromeda's one was missing. Maybe I shouldn't have based my script on forum search engine, but rather collect links from "session transcripts by date" thread?

Thank you @KS for the nice work.:thup:

After previous session exe outdated, I manually copied each session in to its own text file (.txt) and store it in one directory specifically for sessions. I use Notepad++ editor to do folder search of string , which gives preview of results in results window. This helps me to see lines where it is matching and file name and easy navigation between individual session an. If i decides to read specific session, I click on the line in preview window, it takes me to that session. View attachment 37070

This makes me wonder, whether we can integrate a search tool with preview window like that?
Functionality like that might involve embedding some JavaScript libraries (if we are going for having a one big file for offline searching). I'm not an expert in that field, so for me it is not trivial. Maybe there is some plugin for your browser of choice, that performs some more clever text search?

I've attched an updated file to this post, that includes also sessions that were posted by Chu and Andromeda (365 in total). I'll review that file for some errors/missing sessions later today.

Sorry for concise answers, my toddler dughter is not allowing me to have more than 5 minutes of uninterrupted free time :)

Attachments

• sessions-1592661916.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 90
I can’t seem to view the session transcripts in the updated file, it comes up with ‘HTML script’ & that’s all. The first file worked but was missing some sessions.

By the way, thanks so much for doing this @KS!

Thank you @KS for the nice work.:thup:

After previous session exe outdated, I manually copied each session in to its own text file (.txt) and store it in one directory specifically for sessions. I use Notepad++ editor to do folder search of string , which gives preview of results in results window. This helps me to see lines where it is matching and file name and easy navigation between individual session an. If i decides to read specific session, I click on the line in preview window, it takes me to that session. View attachment 37070

This makes me wonder, whether we can integrate a search tool with preview window like that?

I was going to post the same thing! I have scraped the Cassiopaean Experiment transcripts that are available online (using a basic scraper that I wrote in Python) and stored them as individual text files on my computer. I use a feature in Notepad++ (a free application) called "Find in Files" to search for text inside the transcripts. Results are sorted by transcript date (which is the name of each session file) and include the sentences in which the search text occurs. When I click on any result, it opens the session that contains the search text.
Attaching an image below for reference-

Cass transcripts search.JPG

@KS 's single page HTML with all the transcripts is also really cool. Love the clean formatting. Thanks a lot for sharing!!

Thanks for your work KS. I commented the way I commented because it was unreliable to share with people something that was incomplete (you did not check what was the exact results of your script in Go), because there are people who do not just open the file with and make changes inside code.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that this is a "work in progress". But it is quite usable now, after resolving some issues reported by forum members. It was intended to be a some kind of replacement of sessions.exe. Who knows when The Internet will be turned off? :)

I can’t seem to view the session transcripts in the updated file, it comes up with ‘HTML script’ & that’s all. The first file worked but was missing some sessions.

By the way, thanks so much for doing this @KS!
Can you elaborate more or maybe post some screenshot while encountering that issue?

It works for me when I open the file in Chrome. Are you opening the file in your browser or using a different app?

I've attched an updated file to this post, that includes also sessions that were posted by Chu and Andromeda (365 in total). I'll review that file for some errors/missing sessions later today.

I see no more gap, looks like you fixed that. Awesome job, this is very handy!

Last edited:
This technology is not as simple as many think and @KS has done a great service for those who just expect to have everything on a silver platter. I would just say thanks to @KS for giving his/her best. If "time" permits @KS may find a way to tweak the application. But consider this process is a process of refinement. Believe me, I know the hours and effort it takes to deliver a quality product. Those who expect a "free lunch" will be always disappointed. I think @Scottie would understand. If we work together we can do great things but show a little appreciation when possible.

There's nothing wrong with asking a question about the file. It's not "expecting a free lunch" to do quality control, nor does it show a lack of appreciation. Both things can exist at the same time - appreciating what he's made and helping him make it better. Not sure why you view this as lacking gratitude, but it seems like KS is fine with getting feedback.

[QUOTE = "KS, Post: 874594, Mitglied: 13515"]
Hallo alle zusammen,

Ich möchte mit einem kleinen Projekt teilen, das ich kürzlich gemacht habe. Es ist ein Forum-Scraper, der Cassiopaean Session Transcripts als eine große HTML-Datei ausgibt - nützlich für die Textsuche usw. In der gleichen Weise wie das alte Sessions.exe-Projekt, das vor einigen Jahren im gesamten Internet verbreitet war. Sie finden die generierte Datei, die diesem Beitrag beigefügt ist (als ZIP-Datei).

Es ist rau an den Rändern (nur gegen den neuesten Firefox getestet), aber vielleicht findet es jemand nützlich.

Inspiriert von der Arbeit von s1mpleman in diesem Thread:
[URL unfurl = "true"] eBooks for the cassiopaea.org website content [/ URL]

Link zum Quellcode, wenn jemand interessiert ist:
[URL unfurl = "true"] Cassiopaean session transcripts scraper. [/ URL]
[/ZITAT]
: thup: ;-D: lol::thup:😘

Not sure why you view this as lacking gratitude, but it seems like KS is fine with getting feedback.

It's is not a lack of gratitude. It was an overreaction. My apologies to @Luks for reacting to one particular question. I chose a poor way to express a general observation. There is so much technology that we use without thinking about the design effort that is required to make it efficient. I felt bad for @KS sharing a "free" utility and being flooded with questions but that is a part of refining an application.

I suppose everyone realizes the code may need some more testing and revisions but I think it may be useful as it is for some.

Last edited:
Yes, it's handy.

What Ark and I have is even handier. I file all sessions as doc in folders by year. Then, we have a program called "DTSearch" which indexes whatever you tell it to. All the sessions are indexed and I just put in a key word or string and it pulls them up and displays folder and date in the upper window, and the session text with keyword(s) highlighted in lower window; this allows me to identify if that is the session I want. If it is not, I just click the arrow and it takes me to the next occurrence of the word, jumping from session to session as needed.

I also have Gurdjieff's books, the bible, Josephus, Herodotus, Nostradamus, and a few other texts indexed and can search any I choose fast and easy with that handy display. I can't recommend this system highly enough because it sure makes searching easy and efficient.

I do not expect a free lunch. I just commented about the file because I expected that work which is named the C's sessions WILL BE complete collection of C's sessions (because this is the default interpretation of words: "C's sessions"), I mean, we do not write a post and delete the content from the inside, for instance.

@Luks,

Sorry for my rant I reacted to the general questioning and replied to your question which was perfectly valid. I do not think you personally expected "a free lunch". I see that the thread is networking fine now. We can possibly learn how to create a useful tool/utility that can be used off-line in times of limited internet access.

@Luks,

Sorry for my rant I reacted to the general questioning and replied to your question which was perfectly valid. I do not think you personally expected "a free lunch". I see that the thread is networking fine now. We can possibly learn how to create a useful tool/utility that can be used off-line in times of limited internet access.
OK. :-)

Back
Top Bottom