Session transcripts as one big HTML file

I had a script as well, which was getting every single session, but now I am building another tool to recheck, notify and add the new ones, log missing links and other corner cases, maybe generate a heatmap of several keywords or concepts at a time if I have the chance.

It is useful to have them in one file and quickly searchable especially now when I am digging and rereading stuff. I will also extract and join the kindle variant of all QFG books from my kindle with the transcripts and search with grep and pdfgrep when I have it all aa one huge file in the same place as other recommended books from the reading list.

So maybe we can colaborate and build something useful? For example, it would be great to have sessions stored in some fixed document format, with questions and answers properly marked/tagged (that will probably need to be done by human in some extent). Having that, it could be fairly easy to index the documents using text indexing engines like Bleve (embeddable Elasticsearch alternative) and build something like Google for C's sessions (with fuzzy search, etc.). Just an idea.

Hello everyone,

I’d like to share with a little project that I did recently. It’s a forum scraper, that outputs Cassiopaean Session Transcripts as a one big HTML file - useful for text searching, etc.

Very useful, thank you for the work! I'm currently reading through all sessions from the start to finsih using your file and noticed that they haven't been updated for a while (no new sessions added since May 2020). Would it be possible to update the file and add the new sessions?

Very useful, thank you for the work! I'm currently reading through all sessions from the start to finsih using your file and noticed that they haven't been updated for a while (no new sessions added since May 2020). Would it be possible to update the file and add the new sessions?
Sure, I've created a zip archive with HTML file generated few minutes ago. There also some image files (one with php extension, but it is an image file) downloaded to make it truly offline.

Attachments

• sessions-1622404061.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 115
Sure, I've created a zip archive with HTML file generated few minutes ago. There also some image files (one with php extension, but it is an image file) downloaded to make it truly offline.
Not sure if you can edit your first post, but it looks like the original zip/html file is missing sessions from 1999 and 2008. Thanks for updating and creating this! It's been super helpful and convenient .

Not sure if you can edit your first post, but it looks like the original zip/html file is missing sessions from 1999 and 2008. Thanks for updating and creating this! It's been super helpful and convenient .
I'm unable to edit my first post unfortunately. I'm glad that a lot of forum members here found this little project helpful. I thought recently about move further and do some kind of "Google for sessions", that can be accessed both online and offline, but that's quite a lot work to do (apart from programming, which is the easiest part), and I'm really short on (productive) time. The whole "toilette paper crisis" is sucking a lot of my mental energy, it is really hard for me to clear my mind and go after my hobby projects. Turning into zombie, without being vaxxed :)

Thanks, but I think that the archive content is outdated (looking at the timestamp). The newest one is in this post:

That's what I used. But it's bizarre. My edit note and the attachment disappeared. The saving must have failed, cannot see any other option. This time it worked, it's there, at least for now. Should I remove the original upload?

Back
Top Bottom