shock Doctrine (Naomi Klein)

seek10

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
to day I listened to interview by Naomi Klein on her new book schock doctrine ( releasing to day ).and found it to be very interesting to put the signs we see in perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kieyjfZDUIc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka3Pb_StJn4&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du3mpRkaz8g&mode=related&search=

In her interview to Democracy Now. she links basic individual mind control principles of "shock" to "memory erase and resistance destruction" to "complete obedience" and how it scales up to the entire coutries. shocks could be economic / physical/ natural disaster or psychological and how new brutal rules are introduced during the weakest time. She goes into with examples of chilean dictators economics , Iraq , Katrina disaster, failing US infrastructure,recent subway flooding, how new rules are used for introducing a NWO economics (Milton Friedman of chicago school of economics ) which could only be introduced with methods of brutality and torture.
 

Renaissance

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
earth said:
to day I listened to interview by Naomi Klein on her new book schock doctrine ( releasing to day ).and found it to be very interesting to put the signs we see in perspective.
Good find. If anyone has missed this thread, Laura presents the psychological intricacies of how these shocks work.

I think these kinds of shocks shouldn't be understood as the same kind of conscious shocks we can get by working to see our world objectively. Intentional suffering is a big part of the Gurdjieff work, and when we have the support of a knowledge of our machine, shocks can be used to fuse our self instead of fragmenting it further.

In a state of shock there seems a destabilization of the personality which allows for new behavior and thinking to be imprinted in the brain. I'm left thinking of the methods used by some of the Human Potential Guru's where this dynamic is used for so called breakthroughs. What seems to happen during this destabilization, is a person may attach the value of their true self to the identity of who ever is in control, most often a pathological individual. People are in a state of vulnerability and when there is no conscious will or knowledge of what is happening, they, by means of seeking some security, will hand over the process of reintegration to whomever they trust. This would seem to work best when a sense of self has already been suppressed to a high degree; that way they are not able to feel like they can rely on themselves. osit.

On a macro-social level we can see how Klein spotted this in the implementation of the 'free market' after times of crisis. It would be interesting to read her book to see what events she thinks were used and how that coincided with the markets development.
 

seek10

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I see a article on shock doctrine in SOTT on shock doctrine.
http://www.signs-of-the-times.org/articles/show/140132-Reviewing+Naomi+Klein%27s+%22The+Shock+Doctrine%22

I was reading this article. I felt it like a major rewiring of entire my understanding of NEWS I ever heard about the world in last 25 yrs. It is a shock. This is a GREAT book to read and assimilate.
 

Tigersoap

The Living Force
I am currently reading the book (I am in the first few chapters now) and it's really an eye opener on how the US has been reshaping the face of the world by their constant assault and manipulated coup d'état on countries that have been trying to avoid the rabid capitalism preached by Friedman.
It really ties in with Political ponerology.
A must read for me because although I knew of these events, it refreshens my memory and shed a new light on why and how.
 

Adaryn

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
La Telelibre.fr is a site managed by a team of independent journalists. They mainly publish podcasts (videos).
The 1st few minutes are in French, and the questions of the journalist too, but she answers in English:
1st part
2nd part
3rd part
 

Gandalf

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Prayers for rain said:
La Telelibre.fr is a site managed by a team of independent journalists. They mainly publish podcasts (videos).
The 1st few minutes are in French, and the questions of the journalist too, but she answers in English:
1st part
2nd part
3rd part
Thank you for the links Pfr.

Very good videos.
 

Gandalf

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Tigersoap said:
I am currently reading the book (I am in the first few chapters now) and it's really an eye opener on how the US has been reshaping the face of the world by their constant assault and manipulated coup d'état on countries that have been trying to avoid the rabid capitalism preached by Friedman.
It really ties in with Political ponerology.
A must read for me because although I knew of these events, it refreshens my memory and shed a new light on why and how.
Well i have almost finished the book and indeed it is an eye opener.

However, I would have never thought that it would be such a hard book to read. It is a heartbrewaking book.

A must read imho.
 

Tigersoap

The Living Force
Namaste said:
Well i have almost finished the book and indeed it is an eye opener.
However, I would have never thought that it would be such a hard book to read. It is a heartbrewaking book.
A must read imho.

I remember feeling quite sick and nauseated while reading it.
So yeah it was a hard book to read for me because when you know the psychopathic agenda behind all these events, it's really sickening.
Now, I realize that the scope of the book goes beyond the US, it's everywhere.
 

domivr

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Tigersoap said:
Namaste said:
Well i have almost finished the book and indeed it is an eye opener.
However, I would have never thought that it would be such a hard book to read. It is a heartbrewaking book.
A must read imho.

I remember feeling quite sick and nauseated while reading it.
So yeah it was a hard book to read for me because when you know the psychopathic agenda behind all these events, it's really sickening.
Now, I realize that the scope of the book goes beyond the US, it's everywhere.
Indeed, It's been a hard book to read and many times I had to put it down because I got angry or I was nauseated by the evilness and soullessness of what was being described. Point in fact, I just put this book down and followed up in this thread because I got nauseated again...

The implications for any disaster - natural or other - in the future are depressing: totalitarian-style corporate take-over of people's lives.
The final dominoes - in the form of allowing non-military drones in US skies - are being put into place, or so it think.

Clearly, 9/11 was no accident but a logical step on the road to a Friedman-ist psychopathic utopia.
The whole thing was and is sickening.

A must read book but you'll never be the same again.
 

Prodigal Son

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
domi said:
Tigersoap said:
Namaste said:
Well i have almost finished the book and indeed it is an eye opener.
However, I would have never thought that it would be such a hard book to read. It is a heartbrewaking book.
A must read imho.

I remember feeling quite sick and nauseated while reading it.
So yeah it was a hard book to read for me because when you know the psychopathic agenda behind all these events, it's really sickening.
Now, I realize that the scope of the book goes beyond the US, it's everywhere.
Indeed, It's been a hard book to read and many times I had to put it down because I got angry or I was nauseated by the evilness and soullessness of what was being described. Point in fact, I just put this book down and followed up in this thread because I got nauseated again...

The implications for any disaster - natural or other - in the future are depressing: totalitarian-style corporate take-over of people's lives.
The final dominoes - in the form of allowing non-military drones in US skies - are being put into place, or so it think.

Clearly, 9/11 was no accident but a logical step on the road to a Friedman-ist psychopathic utopia.
The whole thing was and is sickening.

A must read book but you'll never be the same again.
Agreed, a must-read book, I read The Shock Doctrine some time ago, and experienced similar feelings. A preview for what is to come.
 

loreta

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I read this book in 2007, was flabbergasted. Suddenly I understood many thinks that was confirming many, many things. It was in fact a revelation for me even if since 1976 I was weary about this world but unable to put a finger on something. But even this book was not enough for me, because I was an ignorant, in part, about 9/11 and the attack in Spain. But I am grateful to Naomi about this excellent book, it opened a door in me, the beginning of a change.
 

janosabel

The Force is Strong With This One
"...Surrounded by this sea of right-wing think-tanks..."
This is what the Occupy movement is up against still today. But mere activism is not an adequate response.
Is a countervailing sea of "think-tanks with teeth", i.e. activism powered by sound theory, possible?
 

scotseeker

Jedi Master
A very thought provoking read, shows the deep underbelly of Capitalist culture and its deep seated origins. Sorry that so many suffered under the hands of my country with benefit to so few (PTB). IMHO a must read to understand how deep the lust for oil, money, control and psychopathy will go. I read it a while back, took me a while to get through the horror!
 
Top Bottom