Show # 10: Is Science a Force for Good in the World? - Modern Medicine

Niall

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Sunday, March 31st, 2013: Is Science a Force for Good in the World? - Modern Medicine

In this first in our series of shows on the topic of science and its benefits, or otherwise, to human beings, we'll be taking a look at the world of modern medicine.

In combination with modern technology, modern medicine has undoubtedly brought various benefits for human health and longevity. At the same time however, a startlingly high percentage of people today, particularly those living in Western 'first world' counties, suffer from an increasing number of 'modern diseases' that have proven to be incurable with modern allopathic techniques.

From various forms of cancer to heart disease and diabetes, modern medical treatments can only alleviate the symptoms of these diseases by way of a plethora of pills (like statins) that sufferers often must consume for the rest of their lives. In addition, many of these pills carry significantly deleterious side-effects.

On the 'bright' side, as the sole purveyors of these pills to the doctors that prescribe them, multi-national pharmaceutical companies have grown outrageously wealthy, bringing into question whether or not there may be a conflict of interest and if these companies are truly committed to improving human health in a real way.

Studiously ignored by the medical establishment is the increasing evidence that diet is a major contributor to health and that what we eat may be a significant contributing factor to the rise of these modern diseases that have, in some cases, reached almost pandemic proportions.

For an in-depth and experience-based analysis of the root causes of human illness, don't miss this week's show!

Sounds like it's going to be another very informative show. Looking forward to listening to it.

SeekinTruth said:
Sounds like it's going to be another very informative show. Looking forward to listening to it.

I look forward also to hear callers and their experiences.

I guess "Science a Force for Good in the World? - Modern Medicine" will then mainly concentrate on medicine?
And psychology and psychiatry will be dealt with in a separate future show? Or will it be included in this one?

Pashalis said:
I guess "Science a Force for Good in the World? - Modern Medicine" will then mainly concentrate on medicine?
And psychology and psychiatry will be dealt with in a separate future show? Or will it be included in this one?

I suppose we'll all have to wait and see!

It'll be interesting to hear people's stances on modern medicine, there is much to analyze.
I look forward to it, too

Psyche said:
SeekinTruth said:

I look forward also to hear callers and their experiences.

It's gonna be so awesome. I can't tell you how many people I know who are scientific authoritarians, who really have the wool pulled over their eyes in thinking that the people inhabiting the hallowed halls of academia are somehow in the same lineage as Issac Newton, Tesla, Hooke, Maxwell and other geniuses of a bygone era of unprecedented advancement.

You see how corrupt our political, economic, religious, environmental, and military institutions are; ya really think that our scientific ones are somehow serenely standing above the sordid fray?

Just a note that's already started! One hour earlier than usual. Due to summer clock changes, no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom