Show #36 - Lierre Keith Interview: The Vegetarian Myth

Niall

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
This week on SOTT Talk Radio we’ll be talking to author and activist Lierre Keith, whose book The Vegetarian Myth examines the tenets of vegetarian ideology from dietary, environmental and philosophical perspectives.

Lierre Keith believed in that plant-based diet and spent twenty years as a vegan. But she now argues that people have been led astray—not by our longings for a just and sustainable world, but by our ignorance.

The truth is that agriculture is a relentless assault against the planet, and more of the same won’t save us. In service to annual grains, humans have devastated prairies and forests, driven countless species extinct, altered the climate, and destroyed the topsoil—the basis of life itself. Keith argues that if we are to save this planet, our food must be an act of profound and abiding repair: it must come from inside living communities, not be imposed across them.

Part memoir, part nutritional primer, and part political manifesto, The Vegetarian Myth will challenge everything you thought you knew about food politics.

Join us this Sunday October 6th from 2-4pm EST (8-10pm CET) for our chat with Lierre.

:wow:

How cool that you were able to get Lierre Keith for an interview. This should be a great show, she has always had very interesting things to say, both in her book and her talks. Can't wait to hear it!

Heimdallr said:

How cool that you were able to get Lierre Keith for an interview. This should be a great show, she has always had very interesting things to say, both in her book and her talks. Can't wait to hear it!

I quite agree!

Nienna said:
Heimdallr said:

I quite agree!

Me too, great choice for a guest!

Jerry said:
Nienna said:
Heimdallr said:

I quite agree!

Awesome! :thup:

Turgon said:
Jerry said:
Nienna said:
Heimdallr said:

I quite agree!

Yup, I agree too. I've seen/listened to a few interviews/presentations by her in the last couple of years and it's always really good. Looking forward to it.

I'm so excited to hear Lierre Keith speak on SoTT Talk Radio and really looking forward to it! Great choice. :cool2:

SeekinTruth said:
Turgon said:
Jerry said:
Nienna said:
Heimdallr said:

I quite agree!

Yup, I agree too. I've seen/listened to a few interviews/presentations by her in the last couple of years and it's always really good. Looking forward to it.

Yes, I`m also very excited and looking forward to the show this Sunday with Lierre Keith.

Congratulation to having her in your program. This is something. Thanks to people like her we start to see more clearly about health, food and our planet.

this is SUPER-awesome! I hope she is just as passionate and engaging as a speaker as she is as a writer. This is going to be an amazing show!

My eldest son just told me about the book he is reading 'The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat' by Oliver Sacks and mentioned here before on the forum. It might be slightly relevant in regards to the vegetarians and vegans that are popping vitamin pills.

I understand from Dr H.H. Schaumberg, who is the first to describe the syndrome, that large numbers of patients are turning up everywhere now with severe sensory neuronopathies. The worst affected have body-image disturbances like Christina. Most of them are health faddists, or are on a megavitamin craze, and have been taking enormous quantities of Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine). Thus there are now some hundreds of 'disembodied' men and women - though most, unlike Christina, can hope to get better as soon as they stop poisoning themselves with pyridoxine.

Thank you all, and of course Lierre Keith, for an excellent SoTT Talk show this day.

Back
Top Bottom