Show #62 - Controversy of Zion: Interview with Gilad Atzmon

Niall

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Sunday April 20th, 2014 - Controversy of Zion: Interview with Gilad Atzmon

This week on SOTT Talk Radio we're talking with Gilad Atzmon, world-renowned Jazz musician, essayist, and author. Touring the world with the Orient House Ensemble he founded in London in 2000, Atzmon is an outspoken critic of Israel's policies, not least towards the Palestinians and neighbouring countries.

Born in Israel and grandson to an early Zionist 'freedom fighter', to say that Atzmon's insights about Israel and 'The Jewish Question' have raised a few hackles would be an understatement! Despite receiving support from such high-profile public figures as U.S. academic John Mearsheimer and U.N. Special Rapporteur Richard Falk, Atzmon's book The Wandering Who? A Study of Jewish Identity Politics has been roundly condemned in Western media.

Accused of being 'anti-semitic' and a 'self-hating Jew', Atzmon counters his critics by continuing to shed light on the strong taboo against questioning Israel or the involvement of high-profile Jewish figures in global 'big power games'.

We hope you'll join us for our discussion with Atzmon this Sunday 20th of April. Please note that we’re broadcasting at a different time this week, two hours later than usual: from 4-6pm EST (1pm-3pm PST, 10pm-12am CET, 9-11pm GMT).

Mr. Premise said:
Looking forward to it! He's great, both his essays and his music. I have one of his CDs, "Exile."

I can recommend MusiK and especially his latest, Songs of the Metropolis but only because I don't know the others that well. I'm pretty sure each of his albums is great (as well as his writing).
saxophone.png

Looking forward to listening. He is very brave to have taken the stand for truth that he has. Obviously he has taken shed-loads of flak or worse because of it. The defamation machine springs into top gear motion or worse.

The world wasn't ready for the manuscript of Controversy of Zion even. So not surprised about his book having the same problem.

Truth has to be set free. Kudos to him. I have enjoyed his articles on Sott too.

Good to listen to his views on the latest interferences by Israel.

I will have to listen to the recording as will be after 11pm here.

That's really awesome! Looking forward to it. Will be listening to it later, though, due to the incompatibility between the late show and early awakening. :) I am sure that as always the show will be a great one. :cheer:

Perhaps not elsewhere, however here the show just dropped-off while Gilad was discussing Russian wealth being funneled....

mkrnhr said:
it's back now

Cool end - I will need to order Gilad's philosophizing book to get an better education. This has been one fascinating discussion with Gilad, your guest. The show will also require listening to at least twice at minimum and likely a good read of the transcript, too.

Thank you Gilad and thank you for staying up very late SotT Talk hosts – good night.

The show was great! Gilad was very likeable and had great points. Thank you for bringing up his book and work. :)

voyageur said:
Cool end - I will need to order Gilad's philosophizing book to get an better education. This has been one fascinating discussion with Gilad, your guest. The show will also require listening to at least twice at minimum and likely a good read of the transcript, too.

Thank you Gilad and thank you for staying up very late SotT Talk hosts – good night.

Likewise, Gilad had very interesting points so I will definitely be listening to the show again.

Thanks for a good show :flowers:

Gaby said:
The show was great! Gilad was very likeable and had great points. Thank you for bringing up his book and work. :)

Yes, and what a great sense of humor!
Thank you so much for the show!
:clap:
I had always a reaction when it comes to this topic.
My step dad was a survivor and when it comes to antisemitic remarks I had this freezing reaction, knot in my stomach.
A lot of pathological people try to use that as an excuse to blame normal people.
Like the Jobbik party in Hungary gained a lot of attention.
They have totally black and white thinking.
They try to get people's attention by taking facts and twisting it around.
Good old divide and concur, I guess.
Surprisingly or not they get more and more votes and this makes my mother very nervous.
She lives in Hungary and recently Brussels sent troops in there, maybe because Hungary share border with Ukraine?

I listened to this yesterday. Thanks for another great show!

Gilad had some really interesting points. From what I've read in Controversy of Zion and Israel Shahak's Jewish Religion, Jewish History, the Jews were kept in ghettos by the Rabbinate and were only ever emancipated by non-Jews.

Back
Top Bottom