Silent Subversion X

100c

Jedi
For those following the topic for the first book (This forum helped inspire my first novel), the second book in the Silent Subversion series is finally available.
http://anxietypub.com/silent-subversion-x/

I apologize for the delay! Deciding on an acceptable cover took forever, but I finally created something I love.

The ebook version is now available for purchase on the Anxiety Publishing site (link above) and will soon be available on Amazon.

For my fellow lovers of physical books, they will be available in a couple of weeks. I will ship a free book to those who left a review of book #1 on Amazon or Goodreads and to the next 10 people (maybe more) who will make the seemingly difficult task of leaving a review...

Attachments

• SSX.png
    SSX.png
    586.6 KB · Views: 217
The print version is now available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XJZQ624
:read:
A few people from this forum wrote a review on Amazon or Goodreads for Silent Subversion I, the first book.
If these people would like a free print version of book 2 (Silent Subversion X), please use the contact form on the Anxiety Publishing website: http://anxietypub.com/contact-us/
Please give me your address and the username of the account you used to post the review. And thanks again!

If anyone else wants to post a review on Amazon or Goodreads, I will also send you a free print version, up to 10 people, either book 1 or 2.

Someone recently left a great review on Amazon for Silent Subversion I, and they used the word Strangeness, which means they probably are on this forum.
On my last post, I wrote that if anyone wants me to send them a signed, second book (Silent Subversion X), they just have to write a review and then to contact me. If they wrote the review without expecting the second book, as a thanks, I won't complain...But, I would hate for someone to attempt to contact me through the link I gave and not get my response, because I have not received any email about this review.
So, if whoever wrote the review tried to contact me, and I did not reply, please let me know and sorry for the frustration. My gmail username is hyrum.0

Just chiming in to let you know that I finished your second book SSX, so thanks for that. From the first book there was a progression that the story could take, and in ways it did go where one could imagine, with some twists. There were a number of new characters and both some interesting and frightening aspects - especially (without being a spoiler) doctor's McGraw/Hirsch et al. - "Spiders build lovely webs...". Like I said, frightening. In the other thread you mentioned a release delay related to your thinking around physical stars in space, and I see how that was addressed - wondered about that.

Look forward to the final in the trilogy.

voyageur said:
In the other thread you mentioned a release delay related to your thinking around physical stars in space, and I see how that was addressed - wondered about that.

Look forward to the final in the trilogy.

I am very glad that you liked it. Writing the final book has become a great pleasure.

Concerning the stars, I summarized my findings in the following article.
http://anxietypub.com/the-black-sky/

Hi Hyrum, just finished the second book, Silent Subversion X, and enjoyed the read as much as the first volume.

At the beginning, tt took me a while to figure out who was who as it's been a while since I read the first book. Thought it would be good to get a flash reminder of the main characters from where they left off in the previous book.

Without going into specifics, I especially liked how you described the US power structure through various characters as an intricate web made up of parties that have different aims and levels of awareness. It definitely brought a dimension of realism to the story compared to other novels of the same genre.

I also enjoyed the level of detail you go into describing each character, their inner feelings and how that affects the relationships within the group and often drives their decisions.

Look forward to the last installment in the series.

Eboard10 said:
Hi Hyrum, just finished the second book, Silent Subversion X, and enjoyed the read as much as the first volume.

At the beginning, it took me a while to figure out who was who as it's been a while since I read the first book. Thought it would be good to get a flash reminder of the main characters from where they left off in the previous book.

Thanks for taking the time to write your experience with the book! It's very encouraging for me.
Thanks for the note about needing a recap. I will write one at the beginning of books 2,3, so people can just jump right in again.

Eboard10 said:
Without going into specifics, I especially liked how you described the US power structure through various characters as an intricate web made up of parties that have different aims and levels of awareness. It definitely brought a dimension of realism to the story compared to other novels of the same genre.

I also enjoyed the level of detail you go into describing each character, their inner feelings and how that affects the relationships within the group and often drives their decisions.

It's a lot of fun getting into the head of each character. As you know, I wrote different sections from the point of view of a different character, and that helps to make it more real for me. I'm usually unaware of what they're going to do. IDK, maybe I'm schizophrenic:)

100c said:
Eboard10 said:

At the beginning, it took me a while to figure out who was who as it's been a while since I read the first book. Thought it would be good to get a flash reminder of the main characters from where they left off in the previous book.

Thanks for taking the time to write your experience with the book! It's very encouraging for me.
Thanks for the note about needing a recap. I will write one at the beginning of books 2,3, so people can just jump right in again.

Not all authors do this, yet it's a good point. Stephen R. Donaldson does this and I kind of thought it was considering of the reader. Anyway, yes, that would be a great way to lead off the book, 100c.

It's a lot of fun getting into the head of each character. As you know, I wrote different sections from the point of view of a different character, and that helps to make it more real for me. I'm usually unaware of what they're going to do. IDK, maybe I'm schizophrenic:)

:) keeps things open.

Good luck with book III!

Hello Hyrum, its been a while and came across one of your books the other day so had a look into the site anxietypub.com (liked the car depiction in the forest by the way) to see what was up.

Had a chance last fall to go and hear the astronaut Chris Hadfield provide a presentation to kids. Actually listened to Chris talk about a lot of funny stuff about the space station (using duck-tape type stuff to fix a bad outside oxygen pressure leak - no real help from NASA and it could of been super bad) and space travel in general - noticed the photos/video he showed void of stars like you discussed in your findings and thought of that crazy car of yours during his talk.

Hadfield talked for a little over an hour and then kids could ask him questions - some good ones too. He started the talk with a photo of Buck Rogers (his first inspiration) followed by the one and only Captin James T. Kirk who was then overridden by his real career driver, Yuri Gagarin. As for the kids questions, they were like how do you get food (monthly food pod deliveries) and what do you do with the poop (gotta love kids) for which he said they place all the crap in one room and then load the delivery pod up (with all the garbage) and release it to burn up. It's like sending out poop comets - shooting stars as he kind of describes. It was a new one on me, yet the kids had to ask. :)

One thing Chris talked about was living and training in Russia (this was for many many years) and some of the adventures he shared while there - including picking up their language. He got into a lot of the old Russian history of space flight starting with Yuri, and how he loved working in Russia with the people. He talked about how 'stupid' it is (his word) to strap onself onto a massive roman candle - he said it was something like 18 million horsepower; 'stupid' and 'crazy' he said, and I bet that car of yours would be his space vehicle of choice today.

Anyway, chiming in and adding a video of his experiences in Russia in case you (or anyone else) want to check it out - pretty interesting.

Anyway, chiming in and adding a video of his experiences in Russia in case you (or anyone else) want to check it out - pretty interesting.

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing, Voyageur! :flowers: I read his book "An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth", and he also talked there about his time in Russia. He wrote that he had not only learn Russian, but also understand the Russian mentality, because it was so different from the Western one.

For example, during the mutual "fire danger" training with NASA astronauts and Russian cosmonauts, NASA people complained that Russians introduced too much smoke, and that it was difficult to train in such an environment. Russians only scratched their heads and said that they were trying to create as close to reality conditions as possible.

Another issue and differences of opinion had to do with evacuation procedures in case of fire. According to NASA regulations if there is a fire breaking up, everyone has to evacuate the burning section, this section has to be sealed, and only afterward astronauts need to think about how to put out the fire and save the equipment. But Russians couldn't understand this kind of approach. According to the Russian regulations, if there is a fire break out: no one leaves and stays until the fire is being extinguished.

There are pro and cons to both approaches. But it does say a lot about differences between nations.

Voyageur and Keit, if there weren't all these damn videos about space travel, rockets, stars, the Sun, the Planets, the Earth, asteroids, galaxies, history, and science in general...I'd have a lot more done on the final book. :-D

Hello Hyrum, its been a while and came across one of your books the other day so had a look into the site anxietypub.com (liked the car depiction in the forest by the way) to see what was up.

Had a chance last fall to go and hear the astronaut Chris Hadfield provide a presentation to kids. Actually listened to Chris talk about a lot of funny stuff about the space station (using duck-tape type stuff to fix a bad outside oxygen pressure leak - no real help from NASA and it could of been super bad) and space travel in general - noticed the photos/video he showed void of stars like you discussed in your findings and thought of that crazy car of yours during his talk.
He talked about how 'stupid' it is (his word) to strap onself onto a massive roman candle - he said it was something like 18 million horsepower; 'stupid' and 'crazy' he said, and I bet that car of yours would be his space vehicle of choice today.

Your post reminded me of my extremely vivid imaginary experiences while writing certain scenes in the books...probably the closest I'll ever come to leaving the atmosphere, in the corporeal realm. It also reminded me of when Don Pettit came to talk to his old graduate professor, and the students in his department...me! That was cool, especially the videos he took while on the ISS.

I'm glad you liked the latest illustration on anxietypub.com . It's quite a different style than those for the first book. I have one more to present from Amy O'Hanlon in an article which I'll get around to in a few weeks/months. There will be others, but I'm focusing on finishing SS3. So far, it has reached a new level of high-strangeness, much higher than even the first two in the series.

Back
Top Bottom