‘Slow-moving blob’ that may have been a flock of birds caused White House lockdown

Debra

Dagobah Resident
Don't know if this is the right spot for this article.
I found it odd that it would be on all the news channels this morning.
Is it a cover story for something more sinister?
You know: "Nothing to see here, yeah, jets were scrambled, yeah, we were on "Lock Down" but it was just birds...."

Don't know if this is the right spot for this article.
I found it odd that it would be on all the news channels this morning.
Is it a cover story for something more sinister?
You know: "Nothing to see here, yeah, jets were scrambled, yeah, we were on "Lock Down" but it was just birds...."

Saw that the other day and wondered myself. High strangeness? Or something more 3D but equally unusual, like the huge "plume of turbulence" over Beebe AK in 2011 that took out a bunch of birds?

Saw that the other day and wondered myself. High strangeness? Or something more 3D but equally unusual, like the huge "plume of turbulence" over Beebe AK in 2011 that took out a bunch of birds?
I remember that incident quite well. Red wings are among my favorite birds. Excellent article, ties in a LOT of info.
Here's one on "The Blob" with a bunch more interviews and "opinions".

Do you think maybe this "Blob" might be used as a red herring, perhaps as a reason to crack down on privately operated drones??
Here is a quote from retired Air Force Col. Cedric Leighton, a CNN military analyst:

“There’s quite a bit of talk about some rogue states (like Iran) as well as terror groups using swarms of drones to conduct attacks. Such attacks could show up on radar as a “blob” and that would make it really difficult to get a positive ID on such a radar target,” he said.

“So, it’s definitely possible that a future situation in which a radar “blob” like the one we saw yesterday could mask an attack. It’s something we’ll have to be prepared for,” Leighton added.

“There’s quite a bit of talk about some rogue states (like Iran) as well as terror groups using swarms of drones to conduct attacks. Such attacks could show up on radar as a “blob” and that would make it really difficult to get a positive ID on such a radar target,” he said.

“So, it’s definitely possible that a future situation in which a radar “blob” like the one we saw yesterday could mask an attack. It’s something we’ll have to be prepared for,” Leighton added.

These military people are so hystericized (because of ideology and because their paycheck depends on it), that they almost have to say such idiotic things. His reference to drones IS interesting though, in that it might suggest that the military knows that this "blob" involved craft under intelligent control, which would bring in a HS angle.

Not much video, given that everyone seemingly has photo capture capabilities. Alas, I thought the same thing, a cluster of UFOS.

On Tuesday, the White House was placed under lockdown after it appeared that an aircraft was flying in restricted air space over Washington DC. But was it really an aircraft... or was it birds?

The North American Aerospace Defense Command first reported an object entering capitol airspace this morning, which prompted a response from National Security officials and a temporary lockdown of some capitol buildings, CNN reports. A Coast Guard rotary-wing aircraft (probably a helicopter, but NORAD did not specify) went to investigate—and did not find a threat. Perhaps, tweeted ABC7 DC-Area transportation reporter Sam Sweeney, it was birds.

“The comments you’re seeing about a flock of birds is speculation,” a NORAD spokesperson told Gizmodo by phone. “I cannot confirm or deny that it was a flock of birds.” (Another NORAD spokesperson told NBC news it might be a “flock of birds or a weather balloon.”)

Yes, birds do show up in radars, and there exists an entire field of radar ornithology that began when birds started appearing on British radars during World War II. Each year, birdwatchers across the country monitor the National Weather Service’s NEXRAD radar services during the spring and fall, looking for evidence of migrating birds overhead.“Radars are set to pick up droplets of water, and birds are, essentially, big droplets of water,” David La Puma, director of global market development for Cellular Tracking Technologies and former director of New Jersey Audubon’s Cape May Bird Observatory, told Gizmodo.

La Puma looked at the NEXRAD radar and found no larger-scale evidence of bird movement this morning. One such signature might be the roost ring—an expanding ring of radar activity as birds leave their roost in the morning. But a surveillance radar is more granular than those used by the Weather Service and might pick up details that weather radars don’t.

I asked what bird species might be the culprit on Twitter—I guessed the snow goose, a species that migrates high in big flocks. But snow geese aren’t common in the DC area, and others suggested that Canada geese or even just a lot of gulls might be more likely options.

I have reached out to Sweeney to see who first speculated that birds caused the radar disturbance, and I have reached out to some meteorologists to determine what other erroneous radar signatures might mobilize this sort of response. I’ll update the post if I hear back.

Again, NORAD neither confirmed nor denied whether birds caused the disturbance, so we may never know its origin for sure. But if it was birds, perhaps it provides further evidence that birds are not government drones.

The drone angle is particularly interesting. Consumer-grade drones are mostly plastic, and thus they don't have a very large radar cross section. But this paper says:

The results show that the non-plastic portions of the drones (battery pack, motors, carbon fiber frame, etc.) dominate their radar signatures. It has also been shown that the plastic drone blades do not contribute a significant return (while stationary or spinning). While the overall RCS level is low, the resulting ISAR images reveal the size and geometrical outlines of each drone, which could enable drone detection and identification.

More industrial or military grade drones would be larger and probably with more metal.

Nevertheless, it should be possible to tell that a "blob" is a cloud of drones... assuming of course that the White House isn't being protected by radar systems from the 1970s. :whistle:

IOW, it's likely that they have a very good idea of what was up there - or maybe what was NOT up there.

The drone angle is particularly interesting. Consumer-grade drones are mostly plastic, and thus they don't have a very large radar cross section. [...]
Nevertheless, it should be possible to tell that a "blob" is a cloud of drones... assuming of course that the White House isn't being protected by radar systems from the 1970s. :whistle:
IOW, it's likely that they have a very good idea of what was up there - or maybe what was NOT up there.

Those in "Power" are not impressed with the commoners ability to watch the Watchers
I'm reminded of this incident from a year ago:

I tried to get the original articles from Dec/2018, seems they have all been "updated". :shock: :cool2:

Session Date: December 29th 2018
[...]
(Joe) What were the drones that were reported around Gatwick airport about a week ago. They caused the airport to shut down. Were they drones?

A: No

Q: (Joe) Were they UFOs?

A: Yes

Q: (Niall) And then a few days later at the Birmingham airport?

Q: (Joe) What were they doing, just freaking people out?

Q: (Joe) Just for fun, eh?

Q: (Artemis) For the kicks!

(Joe) It certainly caused the Brits to freak out. Was the area of the Aegean Sea where all the Greek islands are, was that all a single land mass before the eruption of Santorini?

A: A lot more but not all.

Oh, yeah, and there was an episode on the X-files regarding a Drone Attack, among other Tech control incidents! The screen shot is indoors, but it looks pretty awesome!
The X-Files: Rm9sbG93ZXJz – Teach Your Children Well

:1575040118423.png

Back
Top Bottom