Snake symbolism baryut shamanism

ishiki

The Force is Strong With This One
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so feel free to relocate if deemed neccessary.

So I am reading this book about the rise of shamanism in the Buryat area of Mongolia after 1989 (book is called: tragic spirits). Now, the ceremonic cloths of the shamans contain a lot of snake symbolism:

A shaman’s paraphernalia mirrors military armament: for instance, the shaman’s shield is a mirror; spiked armor is
represented by an arhali (short cape), adorned with two giant snakes, that protects the shoulders, back, and arms; and the helmet is an uulen amitai (metal headdress covered with representations of snakes and crowned with antlers decorated with antique prayer scarves).
I've tried to look for clues as to what the meaning of the snakes represent in this context.

In the past I've came across a lot of different meanings of snake symbolism in different parts of the world, but I can't seem to recreate my steps.

So I was wondering if there are any members who could help me with this.

I don't want to leave your question unanswered, but it's difficult because for most of us the relationship is very obvious...in principle.

If you read the basic material that is suggested when you get to the Cass website, the meaning or relationship to "aligning" with one force or another will be easily seen.

I believe that if you continue reading the information here, you yourself will get to answer your question.

Back
Top Bottom