Soap consumption

agni

Dagobah Resident
Is there any reason behind why someone wants us to "consume" soap ? I have noticed nowadays dish washing fluid takes forever to rinse off, and people eat from these soapy dishes. It just kinda feels wrong to have soap in our bodies. But may be I just don't know any better.

It could be chemical addition. I found this in my old files.

Liquid dish soap is the leading cause of poisonings in the home for children under the age of six (over 4 million accidental poisonings per year). Most brands of liquid dish soap contain formaldehyde and ammonia.

Of the chemicals found in personal care products:
884 are toxic
146 cause tumors
218 cause reproductive complications
778 cause acute toxicity
314 cause biological mutations
376 cause skin and eye irritations
[Source: United States House of Representatives Report, 1989]

....When I see this info again, I remember the lobbying that went on in the 90's to change the way companies labeled their products for sale. It was a dark and dreary event.

...The first study that alarmed the house was this one.

Women who work in the home have a 54% higher death rate from cancer than women who work outside of the home.
[Source: 17-year EPA study]

...This study was finished in the 90's. Congress began to make changes, and here come's Sparky, and the cookie monster to fill the pockets of congressional bumbs.

...If you go back in time, there was a time when products sold here in la la land had a skull and cross-bones on the label if they were dangerous. That was removed and a nice pretty picture replaced so children would not fear them. All part of congress, they made the rules and were paid off.

...After the pay offs were complete, things like formaldehyde could wear a mask. Here is a list of some of the current label names used, and dish soap, and a few others, now don't even have to disclose ANYTHING, and if you read the label you will see a disclaimer that says they are not responsible for its use. This means after you use it, you lose it.

Formaldehyde is a highly toxic substance. It is a known cancer-causing agent. It damages the neurological connectors in the body. It is an irritant to the eyes, nose, throat and lungs and may cause:
skin reactions
allergies
eczema
ear infections
headaches
migraines
depression
asthma
joint pain
dizziness
mental confusion
ADD, ADHD
nausea
disorientation
phlebitis
fatigue
vomiting
sleep disturbances
laryngitis
seizures
cancer
multiple chemical sensitivity and on and on

One in five people are sensitive to formaldehyde. Everyone under sufficient exposure (even with dilution of .01 parts per million) is sensitive to formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is commonly found in:
drugs
mouthwash
hairspray
cosmetics
cleaning products
perfumes
waxes
hair setting lotions
shampoo
air fresheners
fungicides
fingernail polish
floor polishes
dry cleaning solvents
toothpaste
laundry spray starch
antiperspirants
insulin
just to name a few

Due to the increase in toxic buildup in our bodies, including the toxic buildup of formaldehyde, dead bodies are not decomposing as fast as they used to. Bodies now start to decompose within 7 to 10 days after death. During the Vietnam War, Vietnamese bodies started to decompose within 24 to 48 hours. However, Americans didn't start to decompose for 4 to 5 days. How many of these names would you have recognized as formaldehyde?
Formalin
Methanal
Methyl Aldehyde
Methylene Oxide
Oxymethylene
Bfv*
Fannoform*
Formol*
Fyde*
Karsan*
Methaldehyde
Formalith*
Methylene Glycol
Ivalon*
Oxomethane
Formalin 40
Formalin
Formic Aldehyde
Hoch
Paraform
Lysoform*
Morbocid
Trioxane
Polyoxmethylene
* denotes trade name

The following products are just a few that are so toxic that they should be disposed of in a toxic waste dump:
floor care products
furniture polish
window cleaners
bug spray
nail polish remover
[Source: Water Pollution Control Federation]

Warning labels on containers refer only to toxic hazards from ingestion; however, only 10% of health problems from chemicals are caused by ingestion. 90% are caused by the inhalation of vapors and absorption of particles. Toxic products bearing labels that say the following should be removed from your house immediately:
"Do not induce vomiting"
"Corrosive - rinse from skin immediately"
"Harmful or fatal if swallowed"
"Call physician immediately"
"Warning!" (may mean that as little as 1 teaspoon of product can harm or kill adult)
"Danger!" (means that as little as 5 drops can harm or kill an adult)

----

I have more old data if your interested. Don't ever drink liquid dish soap, many children have died from it. Saying that, every human reacts differently to this elements. Be sure and get lots of Fresh Air if you can find it.

I may be wrong, but I think that people should make friends with dirt.
Every human nowadays is so scared of dirt. Dirt is just a part of all of us. If everyone made friends with dirt/soil/earth,etc, we could ll be free of fear of germs etc.
Of course, we should always wash our hands, etc; but at the same time.. say to yourself, germs are in this universe for a reason.

Make friends with the germs you fear. They are here for a reason. Just like mosquitoes. Mossies would die without us, but without their input, we would also die.
Every part of this worlds food chain would be, not very well.

I try to think of germs etc as my friends, even tho I wash my hands a lot, etc.

My best thoughts are that we are all one. ( whether we like it or not)
OCKHAM, that was a brilliant warning post, for those that are not aware. I am not sure, but I think lots on here are.
I think I have put all my thoughts in the worng order.

Sorrry, but I am not on my usual comp, but on a friends, so that is why , the keyboard is not ,well, just not used to it..
I know the F word is what they embalm dead bodies with.
I think they also put that in aspartame sweets. Yuk !!

Few years ago, because I suspect that preservatives are not healthy, I decided to change my standard dishwashing soap liquid to ecological product. It's called Frosch dishwashing liquid.

It cost almost twice as standard liquid but has two advantages, it use lactic acid and sodium benzoate as a preservatives and fragrance isn't so intense.

See also:
This is Why Sodium Benzoate is So Scary

Check your dishwashing soap for allergenic preservatives

Check your dishwashing soap for allergenic preservatives
4. apr 2017
Af Christel Søgaard Kirkeby

Dishwashing liquids found in Danish shops are often good choices without problematic chemicals. But a test from The Danish Consumer Council THINK Chemicals shows that one in three products in the test contains allergenic preservatives.

Dishwashing liquids: Free from endocrine disruptors
33 soaps for washing dishes by hand have been checked for problematic chemicals.

As detergents do not have to list all ingredients on the label, the chemical content of the products have been found in the detergent datasheets that includes all ingredients. The detergent datasheet has to be available on the website that is listed on the product.

The ingredients have been checked for suspected endocrine disruptors, sensitizing substances and chemicals with other problematic effects.

The test shows that you do not need to worry about endocrine disruptors in your dishwashing soap. But it is relevant to consider sensitizing preservatives and perfume.

14 dishwashing liquids are free from problematic chemicals
6 dishwashing liquids are free from problematic chemicals but contain perfume
13 dishwashing liquids contain sensitizing preservatives

12 dishwashing soaps contain Methylisothiazolinone
Methylisothiazolinone (MI) is a highly sensitizing preservative used in many different products, such as paint, cosmetics and detergents. MI was used in 12 of the 13 dishwashing soaps that contained sensitizing preservatives.

Each year more than 1.000 Danes are diagnosed with contact dermatitis related to MI. Because of this, it is a good idea to minimize the exposure to MI in order to lower the risk of being sensitized.

The substances Benzisothiazolinone and Octylisothiazolinone were also found. They are similar to MI.

Sensitizing preservatives
These are the findings of sensitizing preservatives/antioxidants in the test:

Methylisothiazolinone in 12 products
Benzisothiazolinone in 9 products
Octylisothiazolinone in 1 product
Propyl gallate i 2 products
Glutaral i 1 product

Difficult to obtain full information on ingredients
Diswashing soaps have to have a website listed on the product, where the consumers can find a full list on ingredients (datasheet). The label of the product does not need to declare all ingredients.

The test showed that these lists can be difficult to obtain. We found examples of missing lists, lists that were extremely difficult to find and lists that were outdated. Our first try gave correct information on 9 products, faulty information on 10 products and no data on 14 products. Some of the ingredients lists were found with help from the companies and other companies had the datasheets made on our request.

Faulty claims on products
I the test we also found examples of claims that could mislead the consumers. Among others two companies wrote “aloe vera” on their products, even though the products did not contain any aloe vera.

Another product claimed “sensitive”, even though it contained the highly sensitizing substance Methylisothiazolinone. Two of the companies have afterwards decided to change their products.

For further questions about the test contact Christel Søgaard Kirkeby, project manager in The Danish Consumer Council THINK Chemicals, on e-mail csk@fbr.dk.

Læs mere

Back
Top Bottom