Some comments on information theory

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Iain McGilchrist (author of The Master and His Emissary, on the left and right hemispheres) has a new book on consciousness and reality coming out very soon called The Matter of Things. He recently gives a talk where he very briefly lays out his conclusions, stressing that reality is fundamentally "relational".

He makes many points, so I'll just share one. He refers to matter at one point as a "phase" of consciousness. I haven't heard or thought of it in precisely that term, but I like it. Consciousness is more like air, matter is more like ice. I believe Laura and the Cs have at times referred to matter as "matterized consciousness" or "sleeping consciousness."

He makes many points, so I'll just share one. He refers to matter at one point as a "phase" of consciousness. I haven't heard or thought of it in precisely that term, but I like it. Consciousness is more like air, matter is more like ice. I believe Laura and the Cs have at times referred to matter as "matterized consciousness" or "sleeping consciousness."
It might even be something like a protophysical explanation of the phenomenon of materialization. The more intensively you think about some form of matter, the closer it is to you and to what surrounds you. I know something like this could happen. It's kind of "condensing" consciousness.

Although there is one important point that I would like to mention, not just as a warning. It seems to me that the condition for reality to "tune in" to our consciousness is, above all, the purity of our intentions.

Perhaps it is not even that God, whatever that being is, judges the purity of intention. I guess it's a bit like a lie detector. When someone misses the truth and is aware of it, his natural reflexes allow him to detect this fact. It may be similar here.

Most people feel when they do wrong, although "wrong" is of course relative and depends on many different factors. It is about our personal sense of morality. Acting against our conscience can be distressing. Therefore, it is difficult for us to attain a level of consciousness at which we will feel the lightness of existence, unconditional love, light. Without it, in turn, it is difficult for any condensation of consciousness.

Bluegazer

Dagobah Resident
He recently gives a talk where he very briefly lays out his conclusions, stressing that reality is fundamentally "relational".

Ah! Relational as well as interactive:

'Life is religion. Life experiences reflect how one interacts with God. Those who are asleep are those of little faith in terms of their interaction with the creation. Some people think that the world exists for them to overcome or ignore or shut out. For those individuals, the world will cease. They will become exactly what they give to life. They will become merely a dream in the 'past.' People who pay strict attention to objective reality right and left, become the reality of the 'Future.' -- Cassiopaeans, 09-28-02

dredger

Dagobah Resident
I hesitated to post here because this thread is completely out of my kwowledge, at least the math part which remains obscur to me, i'm simply bad at math, not wired to understand them :( .
But I read a part of the discussion, and when i read that Ark was responding on it, I wondered how i could help, but rapidly understood I could not.

But ... while browsing on youtube, it proposed me one video of an old channel i followed during some months. It was 5 to 6y before and I even posted a thread about his work here in the forum.
So, maybe a response to my question "how could i help ?" ... dunno ...
This guy, who (nick)named "Astral Traveler" visibly continued his researches, and is now speaking about concepts and words that are discussed in this thread. His last video is 1y before, and 2y before he posted only 4 videos, then more 3y before.

Is he on something or not ? Did he found something interresting or what he's saying is BS ?

The only little voice that push me to post (on a thread where i'm 100% incompetent), is that maybe this guy coming from nowhere, with videos with less than 1k views, could have made good asumptions, or good remarks, and that they could act like a "muse" to Cleopatre, or Ark, or any other ? At least, he seems very passionate on learning the subject, and he spent a lot energy on this, and my wondering was to know if, from an expert point of view, this Astral Traveler is saying interresting things or "word salads" ? (of course, I hope the 1st one)

Here's the link the the channel :

@Cleopatre VII , if you have a look at him then I hope that you'll at least find some interresting things/(fresh) ideas/concepts or .. i don't know what, and if he's out of touch, sorry then, too bad, try again :)

dennis

Jedi Master
This article and the two others by the author might be helpful in explaining the academic math concepts in a layman's perceptual experience.

Top Bottom