Some personal feedbacks on psycho

N

Nico

Hello, here a disturbing experience I past through these last days :

http://www.sott.net/article/254745-Nicotine-The-Zombie-Antidote

I post this article on my facebook wall, and it attracts a lot of emotional reasoning, quite normal, and I make an attempt to answer all the bias and distorded responses, in my mind as well as on facebook. It happened to me before, a few selected friends go through a fierce tornado of rejecting the idea coming up through the articles I'd posted. So no surprise when stupid arguments against sott or any ideas related to the topic of cigarette protecting the body and the mind. I noticed there I was improving in argumenting and don't letting the stupid or ignorant ideas spread of, so it was a good thing for me.

And, suddenly, a friend of mine, became really virulent and harassing. He split the subject of conversation into a myriad of part, turning it's attitude into make-pity, professor type, jester type, and clearly making laugh at me teaching his view of the world in the same time. I had already wondered if he might become one of them, so with this particular mad event I stop arguing with him. And he comes through the Facebook private messenger trying to know what he's doing bad... And again with the self-pity and even anger. He litterally wrote me about 20 messages before I answer.

When he mimes anger I became a little scared about the future, when I meet him again, if I don't calm him down. So I give it a bit of my flesh and tell him that I've had to calm ME down as a reason of my non responding. In fact, I was waiting him for calming down of course. I guess he took this for submission and all was good, the hunt was over.

So I wonder, I know that a day I will might have to burn definitively my relation with him, but did the fact lying to him, saying a submission type reason which was in reality fake, made me link deeper with him ? Would have I shut the door to him despite my fear of his fake anger ? I was thinking end this relation when he will be calmer, but I'm not so sure it's really helpful because psychopath are very unstable and the anger will may be come again.

...Mmh, just thoughts, but I realize that social networks is a very jungle and the psychopaths rule this area too and it's more and more difficult to be aware of them.

Do you know this individual in person? If so, and you suspect he is a psychopath then why do you associate?
These beliefs are very ingrained in us as we are taught from birth the hazards of smoking. Some people identify so strongly with these beliefs that they will fight to keep them, so not neccesarily psychopathic. It could just be a case of cognitive dissonance. fwiw.

Hi Nico,
How well do you know this person? Do you see him in person often? He sounds a bit unstable. Can you just block him on Facebook and be done with it?

Another thing you may want to do is create groups within your facebook friends list so you can control who sees your posts. I omit some family and other friends from some posts. People that I know aren't colinear (or openminded) to save myself the kind of hassles you are experiencing.

Menrva said:
Another thing you may want to do is create groups within your facebook friends list so you can control who sees your posts. I omit some family and other friends from some posts. People that I know aren't colinear (or openminded) to save myself the kind of hassles you are experiencing.

Yes, sometimes it's best not to poke in the eye of those who don't want to see. If someone is being really nasty ad obnoxious, at least you had an opportunity to see who they really are. You can exclude them from your future posts and reply with something neutral, like "man, lets forget about the issue and agree to disagree".

Hi you three,
My friends are all subject to cognitive dissonance and prompt to accuse my propensity to dig in another direction than mainstream ideas. So I tested them to know which one is really comprehensive and tolerant, and it looks to work.

I know this 'psycho' very well, and I spent a lot of time in his company these months, but he returned to school now and he's far from me. I thought the experience was another fit of cognitive dissonance with him but his rage and others hints (as problems with women, reluctant to speak about real spiritual concept, or to laugh on other people and faint pity then...) made me think it was at least really affected by narcissistic behaviors.

I have another friend which I suspect to be one of them, he often uses his psychological school knowledges to teach about life at another friend who is weak because of a rare illness he had. He also creates quite strong disturbances in my friend group, but he's the one who hold the house where we meet together, so it's difficult to me to make his condition clear to others and myself because of all the rationalisations about his behaviors...

Oh ! And yesterday after posting I read this post which seem to be a good practice to get rid of narcissistic behaviors :) : https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,35665.0.html
It seems good because I already use this Gray Rock technique unconsciously.

And I take your advice to create a private group when I should identify the friends who are 'Ok'.

Back
Top Bottom