SOTT сводка, июнь 2014: болиды, экстремальная погода и планетарные изменения

Keit

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
This month's SOTT Earth Changes summary is also in Russian! So share it with your friends, on FB, blogs or vKontakte.

https://youtu.be/r9rKKLV52B0

By the way, if you have any videos, news reports in Russian concerning extreme weather in post-Soviet Union countries, share them here. Thank you!

Keit said:
This month's SOTT Earth Changes summary is also in Russian! So share it with your friends, on FB, blogs or vKontakte.

By the way, if you have any videos, news reports in Russian concerning extreme weather in post-Soviet Union countries, share them here. Thank you!

Wow, thanks so much Keit for the Russian version. :dance:

Thanks a lot Keit! :) That is a really good chance for the russian audience to see the description of the viewed "events" :)

Just had a small break from work - saw that ( http://www.newsru.com/russia/12jul2014/yamal.html ) deep sinkhole/crater in Siberia region with a powerful water flow at the bottom . The diameter of the "thing" is amazing - as stated, 2 helicopters could fly into it simultaniously.
One observer suggests that the land mass sort of "bursted from the inside". Other - that the impact could have been possibly caused by an meteorite explosion. But last version, in my opinion, doesn't explain pretty smooth round shape of it.

Antony said:
Just had a small break from work - saw that ( http://www.newsru.com/russia/12jul2014/yamal.html ) deep sinkhole/crater in Siberia region with a powerful water flow at the bottom . The diameter of the "thing" is amazing - as stated, 2 helicopters could fly into it simultaniously.
One observer suggests that the land mass sort of "bursted from the inside". Other - that the impact could have been possibly caused by an meteorite explosion. But last version, in my opinion, doesn't explain pretty smooth round shape of it.

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing! After reading several news reports about it, it's still isn't clear when this sinkhole was created. If it was discovered only recently, did it also happen recently, or this area wasn't explored/noticed until now? Which is curious on itself, since it is indeed very big and impressive!

One of the articles says, that it was discovered by the helicopter crew that services gas and oil companies in the area. The article also says, that probably first there was an explosion (from a meteorite or other), and then the ground collapsed. And that it's possible to estimate the size of the sinkhole by the forest (albeit dwarf trees forest) around it.

Here's the direct link to the video:

https://youtu.be/2kMs05VaOfE

Keit said:
Antony said:

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing! After reading several news reports about it, it's still isn't clear when this sinkhole was created. If it was discovered only recently, did it also happen recently, or this area wasn't explored/noticed until now? Which is curious on itself, since it is indeed very big and impressive!

One of the articles says, that it was discovered by the helicopter crew that services gas and oil companies in the area. The article also says, that probably first there was an explosion (from a meteorite or other), and then the ground collapsed. And that it's possible to estimate the size of the sinkhole by the forest (albeit dwarf trees forest) around it.

Here's the direct link to the video:

https://youtu.be/2kMs05VaOfE

Quite impressive sinkhole!

Great job, thanks Keit and Antony for Russian SoTT Summary and this Yamal report!

s-kur said:
looks like influence from within... heating+gas. very strange

It's hard to say whether it's the influence from within or from the outside, but it looks more like an explosion crater rather than a sinkhole (because of its round shape and the debris surrounding it). Could be either gas explosion from within or a fireball maybe.

Siberia said:
It's hard to say whether it's the influence from within or from the outside, but it looks more like an explosion crater rather than a sinkhole (because of its round shape and the debris surrounding it). Could be either gas explosion from within or a fireball maybe.

I first thought: "That is clearly a sinkhole".

But now after I've read you comment above and another comment on the german SOTT Facebook page, that goes into a similar direction, I'm really also wondering about the earth material around it. That earth material looks kind of freshly scattered around that hole...

So now I'm also really wondering if there was indeed some kind of explosion going on, possibly even from a Meteor...

Besides that the article itself also suggests that a meteor impact might have played a role.

It could also be both (an explosion crater followed by a sinkhole) as some suggest. Here is my translation of the article linked by Keit above.

Huge Sinkhole Found on Yamal Peninsula, Russia

By STORMnews on 12/07/2014

A huge sinkhole (crater) was found on Yamal Peninsula, Russia. This unique discovery was made by the helicopter pilots engaged in oil and gas industry on Yamal, says Chelyabinsky Vestnik.

The hole is several dozen kilometers away from the Bovanenskovo field, Yamal’s largest gas deposit.

It was first reported by the Tyumen-Kosmopoisk group in VKontakte social network: “A giant crater near Bovanenskovo, Yamal, Tyumen Region (thanks for the video made by the second pilot of Mi8!). This is not a “typical” sinkhole, its origin is not quite clear. It looks like an explosion came first (one can see explosion-triggered dispersion of soil and rock outburst) followed by a sinkhole. The explosion (man-made? meteor-related?) was probably followed by the soil sinking into quite a wide underground river. One can see streams of water at the bottom. The hole size can be estimated by comparison to the size of trees (albeit dwarf) surrounding it.”

Tyumen Times website found another video of this crater posted by Sergey Kokhanov on YouTube in May 2014:

https://youtu.be/CbHyBIV0lKc

WOW :scared:!! What a hole.
Considering the Russian meteor impact last year and the Tunguska event, there must have been an enormous shock wave and heat/fire residues accompanying an impact?
:huh:

Siberia said:
It could also be both (an explosion crater followed by a sinkhole) as some suggest. Here is my translation of the article linked by Keit above.

Huge Sinkhole Found on Yamal Peninsula, Russia

By STORMnews on 12/07/2014

A huge sinkhole (crater) was found on Yamal Peninsula, Russia. This unique discovery was made by the helicopter pilots engaged in oil and gas industry on Yamal, says Chelyabinsky Vestnik.

The hole is several dozen kilometers away from the Bovanenskovo field, Yamal’s largest gas deposit.

It was first reported by the Tyumen-Kosmopoisk group in VKontakte social network: “A giant crater near Bovanenskovo, Yamal, Tyumen Region (thanks for the video made by the second pilot of Mi8!). This is not a “typical” sinkhole, its origin is not quite clear. It looks like an explosion came first (one can see explosion-triggered dispersion of soil and rock outburst) followed by a sinkhole. The explosion (man-made? meteor-related?) was probably followed by the soil sinking into quite a wide underground river. One can see streams of water at the bottom. The hole size can be estimated by comparison to the size of trees (albeit dwarf) surrounding it.”

Tyumen Times website found another video of this crater posted by Sergey Kokhanov on YouTube in May 2014:

https://youtu.be/CbHyBIV0lKc

How certain is it that the above video is from the same sinkhole? I ask because the surrounding looks like grass while at the other video it looks like that there is fresh earth material diectly all around the whole and not grass. Also the hole itself does somehow not look similar...

Could the above be a different sinkhole?

Pashalis said:
How certain is it that the above video is from the same sinkhole? I ask because the surrounding looks like grass while at the other video it looks like that there is fresh earth material diectly all around the whole and not grass. Also the hole itself does somehow not look similar...

Could the above be a different sinkhole?

Yes, I'm asking myself the same questions, Pashalis. :)
I don't know, it's just what the article says. I hope we'll find it out later, when more info comes.

Nearby and round area with this sinkhole there is a Gazprom's oil production place . May be this factor as influenced emergence of this?

Attachments

• Рисунок1.jpg
    Рисунок1.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 128
Back
Top Bottom