Soul, genes, karma and learning 3D lessons

Joe

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Hi all, the other day I read an interesting article on Sott.net

Previously thought impossible: Body cells transfer genetic information directly into sperm cells

The core discovery is:

A revolutionary new study reveals that the core tenet of classical genetics is patently false, and by implication: what we do in this life — our diet, our mindset, our chemical exposures — can directly impact the DNA and health of future generations. [...]

your moment-to-moment decisions, behaviors, experiences, toxin and toxicant exposures, could theoretically affect the biological 'destinies' of your offspring, and their offspring, stretching on into the distant future.

The first thing this made me think of (and which I posted on FB) was: "Maybe this is part of the reason why 'history repeats'".

If along with their genes, parents experiences can be passed on to their children - and let's face it, the most significant experiences that people have are usually painful ones - it's not surprising that there are expressions like "the apple doesn't fall far form the tree", and that certain patterns tend to repeat through generations. Expand this out collectively to the human race and you can easily see how broad social dynamics would repeat over longer periods of time.

But then I thought about something the Cs said about souls and genes:

Q: (L) But isn't the nature of a person determined by their soul and not the physical body?
A: Partially, remember, aural profile and karmic reference merges with physical structure.
Q: (L) So you are saying that particular genetic conditions are a physical reflection of a spiritual orientation? That the soul must match itself to the genetics, even if only in potential?
A: Yes, precisely.

Now this was said as part of a conversation about Semitic people, but I'll assume it applies generally, and that all souls must "marry" to a suitable genetic profile. That would seem to involve the choice of parents, or lineage, from which we get our genes.

From what I know of my past life, it involved a significant betrayal right at the end that I probably carried over into this life. While I can't be sure about the truth of this, it does seem to fit with the details of my present life. At this point I can say with a lot of confidence (unfortunately!) that from an early age (or earlier!) I viewed life as threatening. Life, of course, is nothing if it is not the interactions and relationships we have with other people, and it is from these that the "threat" comes i.e. emotional pain etc. I also remember realizing during my teenage years that, for some reason, loyalty was a very important quality for me, both in others and in myself. At the same time, I can also recognize that I have taken a rather distrustful approach to "life" and the people in it, keeping others at bay and, basically, in the back of my mind, always expecting to be screwed over.

The reason I'm relating all this is because I thought it was rather interesting that I somehow ended up seeing this same approach to life in others from an early age.

So if in my past life I experienced a psychological/emotional scar/belief around betrayal, seriously impressing on me a distrust for the process of life and other people's intentions, I'm wondering if this dictated the choice of parents because the genes that I would receive would somehow be a match for my distrustful attitude to life and others?

While that might seem to be just a process of making a bad situation worse, it could also be seen as a "smart" evolutionary tactic whereby the compounding of a wrong belief forces the issue to the point where it must be seriously examined, usually because the belief in itself causes lots of the suffering it was supposedly (in my case) meant to prevent.

I have also been thinking about karma and what it is. The standard idea is that it is the process of having to atone for something "bad" we did in a past life. Like if you were a slave master in one life, you'll be a slave in another. But I was thinking that this involves too much in the way of judgment, and perhaps a more impartial view of it is that karma amounts to the beliefs that we internalize as a result of actions we have taken in a past life/lives and experiences we have had as a result. Those beliefs influence our attitudes, behavior and characters in our subsequent incarnations and, as a result, our experiences.

If those beliefs are usually wrong beliefs, then the process of offloading that karma is "simply" correcting those wrong beliefs (which isn't usually very simple or easy). Nevertheless, perhaps this is why the Cs said that the main 3D lessons that have to be learned are "universal karmic and simple understandings", which Laura expanded with:

Do they have to do with discovering the MEANINGS of the symbology of 3rd density existence, seeing behind the veil... and reacting to things according to choice? Giving each thing or person or event its due?

Anyway, those are my musings at the moment.

Interesting points. One question that springs to mind is how would one tell apart the difference between being taught to be a certain way and actually having it in your genes to be that way e.g. in your case, thinking everyone is out to get you due to conditioning experienced at crucial stages of development rather than that being in the genetics? Maybe in the end it doesn't matter as the result is the same i.e. having to deal with the issues presented and internalised...

[quote author=Joe]

Previously thought impossible: Body cells transfer genetic information directly into sperm cells

The core discovery is:

A revolutionary new study reveals that the core tenet of classical genetics is patently false, and by implication: what we do in this life — our diet, our mindset, our chemical exposures — can directly impact the DNA and health of future generations. [...]

your moment-to-moment decisions, behaviors, experiences, toxin and toxicant exposures, could theoretically affect the biological 'destinies' of your offspring, and their offspring, stretching on into the distant future.

The first thing this made me think of (and which I posted on FB) was: "Maybe this is part of the reason why 'history repeats'".

If along with their genes, parents experiences can be passed on to their children - and let's face it, the most significant experiences that people have are usually painful ones - it's not surprising that there are expressions like "the apple doesn't fall far form the tree", and that certain patterns tend to repeat through generations. Expand this out collectively to the human race and you can easily see how broad social dynamics would repeat over longer periods of time.[/quote]

Precisely in that case I was thinking; Shamanism, Castañeda or Gurdjieff speak from prison in which we are the people but never did in terms of genes to which the article refers, perhaps, basically, that is the "Theory of eternal recurrence".

That's fascinating! I think it's a pretty interesting theory. :thup:

I mean, look at karma. People say, "Karma's a b!tch" and that kind of thing. It's like karma is this evil external force, like Satan who is out to get you! There's nothing you can do about it.

Or, look at genetics: How many times have we heard somebody say that this disease or condition or whatever is genetic - as if that's the last word on it, there's no hope, and tough beans for you? There's nothing you can do about it.

Well, both of those viewpoints always rubbed me the wrong way for some reason, maybe because I'm stubborn or something. The idea that even life experiences essentially modify our cells/DNA and that this is passed on means that nothing is set in stone. Much more than we think may depend on what we do or don't do, how we related to the world, and how we relate to each other.

Of course that's not easy, because it amounts to serious Work on the self. But it's a LOT harder to do when you start from the point of view that it's probably impossible, you're doomed, and there's no hope.

So: :cheer:

Very interesting theory. It made me think that Karma may manifests itself physically/emotionally (since we create our own reality, and we carry karma with us) and that is how we can learn karmic lessons; maybe it's not only energy. Reminds me of this event when this woman magically healed her cancer after being revived and was speaking about her experience being dead and how her cancer was a manifestation of her energy.

http://www.davidwolfe.com/died-from-stage-4-cancer-message/

Also this theory would be the ultimate counter to the vaccine debacle; why vaccinate when your genes are received from your parents and these genes also include their immunity.

I've never done past life regression but i've worked with an energy healer/spirit release acquaintance and without knowing anything about me she gave me a very accurate reading and some interesting information about my karmic profile. She mentioned that I was an old soul (aren't we all) who did not want to reincarnate and felt great shame for this, and felt much sadness/shame for humanity and the repetitive cycle. She also mentioned I was here to learn to live with this "mundane repetition" of the human cycle. Interestingly enough I was already aware that I had much shame(or something similar) in me and no matter what skills I acquire or knowledge I learned I always seem to find everything repetitive and quickly bore.

Very interesting theory indeed.

luke wilson said:
Interesting points. One question that springs to mind is how would one tell apart the difference between being taught to be a certain way and actually having it in your genes to be that way e.g. in your case, thinking everyone is out to get you due to conditioning experienced at crucial stages of development rather than that being in the genetics? Maybe in the end it doesn't matter as the result is the same i.e. having to deal with the issues presented and internalised...

I think that's probably the best way to look at it. Because even if there is probably a link between behavioral/interpersonal traits and genetics, no one has been able to explain HOW exactly regulatory and protein-coding genes translate into higher-level functioning of the whole organism. That's one of the reasons we've got theories like Sheldrake's morphic resonance. It would be fun to know how it all works exactly, but when it comes down to it, I don't think it matters that much. We can still learn and do a lot without it.

What seems to matter more are the deeply held beliefs that we hold, like Joe mentioned, regardless of how exactly they got there. Who knows, maybe there's some kind of symbolic marker in non-coding DNA that signals souls choose the 'right' parents that will then provide ample learning opportunities? Cool, but the result is the same: learning! And like Scottie pointed out, those deep beliefs can even be expressed in the theories and interpretations we come up with for the facts we see around us in nature.

Thinking about genes as omnipotent, unchanging, total deciders-in-chief of our whole lives is an extremely self-limiting belief to hold. Just knowing it isn't true can open up a person's life to so many other possibilities.

I like the idea that the physical reality around us is a living metaphor/series of symbols representing the thought patterns going on higher up.

It's all energy; the material is just how we perceive the energy we have access to at our level.

So it's one giant truism. "Yeah. Of course genetics have to match our souls! -Like guitar strings have to match the music they broadcast."

The music played on a guitar, however... (versus an oboe or a harmonica), while it must conform to the spectrum of possibility for that instrument, can be expressed with massive variety. And that comes down to the choices made by the musician. Sad songs or happy songs?

That's a pretty loosey goosey analogy, I admit, but it kind of paints a picture worth considering.

Anyway, I see repeating experience the way I see.., well those stupid video games I played when I was a kid. -They were impossible to win on the first run through, or even the 20th. You had to keep going back again and again, (investing life after life) until one afternoon, zoom! You win and the challenges are like nothing. The muscle memory and skills required to move through a given challenge are accumulated over the course of many lives, and by the time you finish, you've learned not just how to manage that particular challenge, but challenges of that classification.

Here's one other thing I've noticed with patterns. -The repeating patterns within just one given life time.

The same people and events appear again and again. They may arrive in the bodies of entirely new people, but they will have similar features and personality traits heightened or lowered, on various scales, but all in balance. -In one case, I lived with a room mate and her husband; they were a difficult pair to live with. Challenges and experiences followed. Then ten years later, I moved into a house whose owner and brother lived downstairs, and they were the same people as that room mate and husband pair. Different people, in a different time and place, but the same! They looked and acted the same. They were genetically similar, even with similar-sounding names, -except this time their intellectual capacities had been severely diminished whereas my understanding and personal and social awareness had seen the benefit of 10+ years of work.

The brother (husband last time) where before was socially awkward, was this time diagnosed with full-blown mental illness and basically a burden on his sister, who worked like a dog in a home-based business to bread-win for her family. It was extremely tense and unhealthy, and I recognized the same patterns I'd seen previously almost immediately after moving into it, and decided that "Golly! I'm smart this time! I'm going to navigate this so much more gracefully this time around! You watch! It's going to be beautiful!"

But the scripts and asshole hats were re-distributed. Problems which had once stemmed from my own behavior, came now from others, and despite my best efforts, the whole situation ended up going through the same energetic/emotional cycles. This time, different people received different aspects of the lesson. Like the crystal had turned a few facets around and we were all gazing in on it from different positions.

My awareness of how it all worked seemed to make no difference whatsoever in the actual rhythm of events and circumstances. The Matrix stepped in with outside "random" events and actors to propel things along when I tried to avert certain crises I could see coming.

It was really fascinating!

Genetics played a role, but so did the genetics of reality.

The thing which struck me was that I felt a certain conscious deliberateness to the whole thing. -As though it had all been carefully, lovingly set up to create the exact ride it did, and that it all had specific reasons for being. -And that the best thing, the most graceful thing I could do, was to honor it and take it all in and be as skillful in moving through the motions as possible.

I was a lot better this time around, but the challenges were a lot harder, so it certainly wasn't boring. And this time I'm not sure I'd do anything differently, unlike the first time through where there are lots of things I'm embarrassed about. This most recent time, I can't really put my finger on anything I'd like to have done better. -Which leads me to thinking.., either I may be close to done with that pattern, or maybe I'm just so stupid that I don't even see what still needs doing and that there are lots of repetitions yet to go.

And that's just within one life!

I wonder what the bigger circles might contain..?

In any case...

The outcome was that I am even smarter and more skilled and more aware than before. And happier. -And interestingly, while there are still some emotional snags, (I feel an automatic need to cross the street when I see my old landlady in town), my feelings and communications with the husband and wife I used to live with ten years prior have warmed considerably; like I now understand a great deal more about them both and feel an affection towards them now, whereas back in the 90's I'd have happily throttled either of them on several occasions!

Scottie said:

I mean, look at karma. People say, "Karma's a b!tch" and that kind of thing. It's like karma is this evil external force, like Satan who is out to get you! There's nothing you can do about it.

Or, look at genetics: How many times have we heard somebody say that this disease or condition or whatever is genetic - as if that's the last word on it, there's no hope, and tough beans for you? There's nothing you can do about it.

Well, both of those viewpoints always rubbed me the wrong way for some reason, maybe because I'm stubborn or something. The idea that even life experiences essentially modify our cells/DNA and that this is passed on means that nothing is set in stone. Much more than we think may depend on what we do or don't do, how we related to the world, and how we relate to each other.

Of course that's not easy, because it amounts to serious Work on the self. But it's a LOT harder to do when you start from the point of view that it's probably impossible, you're doomed, and there's no hope.

Good point, and it seems that Work on the self is really the best option, because if we put any credence in what the Cs say about the Wave, that it is effectively a wave of "feeling" that has the effect of provoking all the "stuff", experiences from this and past lives, hidden feelings, beliefs, prejudices, attitude to life etc. then it seems that we would be well advised to actively engage in such a process bit by bit because having all of it suddenly dropped in our laps might be a little too much to bear.

This process of dealing with that "stuff" - feelings and beliefs and prejudices often based on traumatic experiences - is, in the 3D sense, actively engaging with the Wave, or "riding" it, as Laura has written about.

This topic is really intersting to me. When I was learning about epigenetics I remember thinking (a year or two ago) why can't these things be passed on? I found research that suggests epigenetic changes can be (can't find it, but I'm sure I posted it). So this is one step further.

It's been mentioned that diet and toxins effect genetic expression, as well as early emotional environments. The expressed genetics will then setup how your body, hormones (and thus emotions) and mind work. It sets up how you view the world, how you think and feel.
At a mechanical level you literally can't think or see outside of this set box, and information that doesn't fit won't get in.

If this was the only case then you are limited and controlled by external forces.
There is the idea of needing to develop Will and grow a soul, and this from the C's:

http://cassiopaea.org/2013/10/17/a-course-in-knowledge-and-being-part-1/
[..]
Q: (Ark) I think that some kind of teaching on psychology – even though we don’t know if psychology is science or not – would be useful, stressing some important points. For instance, we were reading today about these narcissist people. So, everybody is a little bit narcissistic in the sense that we love our junk. We have a lot of junk, and we love it, and we are scared to get rid of this junk because we think that the body will implode. There will be nothing, so we keep this junk because that’s the only thing. But you cannot change if – at the same time – you still want to be the same. So you have to get rid of this junk. You have to stop doing many things cold turkey as a symbolic declaration to the Universe. And don’t be scared. (L) If you want to change, you have to change. (Ark) And don’t be scared that you will collapse and you will be nothing, you see?

A: This can be so much more effectively conveyed by video than just writing. In a video something of the soul is transmitted. Now, think again about those who have not been able to receive.

Q: (L) Receivership capability, is that it?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) And what determines receivership capability?

A: Partly genetic and partly effort.

[…]

Q: (L) So there are those who either get it or they don’t?

A: Partly. Repeated exposure to frequency resonance can generate shifts if there is sincere desire. Also, a series of videos that signal soul replication can help those who are sincerely asking.
[…]

Q: (Joe to Laura) So, are we talking about a series of videos, essentially video lectures by you on many topics?

A: Yes.

Q: (Joe) For example?

A: How about starting at the beginning and talk about “in the beginning…”?

Q: (L) Well, I… What would I say?? (Joe) “In the beginning was the word?” And the word was delivered one letter at a time! (laughter)

A: You just sit in front of the camera and do what you do best: connect the dots. And know that, as always, your connection to your higher self in the future will assist your explosive insights.
[…]

Q: (Ark) I think what would be useful is to have like an exposition of a coherent system. Because people know a part from here, a part from there, a little bit about STO, a little bit about this and that…It all needs to be put together.

A: All that will be a part of the series that we have planned.

Q: (L) What you mean YOU have planned, I thought I was planning it? (laughter)

A: We are you and vice versa!!!

Q: (A***l) I have a question. They talked about genetics making it so that people can’t receive things. Is there something that people can do that would help change their genetics in some way that would help them become more receptive?

A: You can’t change, but you can activate it if it is latent.

Q: (L) In other words, a lot of people have a lot of genetics going on that they aren’t using. (Allen) And those genetics can be activated. (A***l) So how do you activate it?

A: Effort counts for a lot. And effort can lead to knowledge which does what?

Q: (Joe) Protects!

A: For example, the recent issues of brain chemistry: this understanding has come about due to effort and the growth of knowledge! The result will be activation of additional DNA! Notice how the knowledge is now growing exponentially with networking and experimentation!

There is also this on genetic expression (the need for resources in order to turn things on/off):

RedFox said:
[..]
Another thing is the role of methyl groups in epigenetics (turning genes off through methylation of DNA - donation of methyl groups from the methyl bucket).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutriepigenomics
Two major epigenetic mechanisms implicated in nutriepigenomics are DNA methylation and histone modification. DNA methylation in gene promoter regions usually results in gene silencing and influences gene expression. While this form of gene silencing is extremely important in development and cellular differentiation, aberrant DNA methylation can be detrimental and has been linked to various disease processes, such as cancer.[2] The methyl groups used in DNA methylation are often derived from dietary sources, such as folate and choline, and explains why diet can have a significant impact on methylation patterns and gene expression.[3] Gene silencing can also be reinforced through the recruitment of histone deacetylases to decrease transcriptional activation. Conversely, histone acetylation induces transcriptional activation to increase gene expression. Dietary components can influence these epigenetic events, thereby altering gene expression and disturbing functions such as appetite control, metabolic balance and fuel utilization.[1]

And as dietary availability of methyl groups can alter epigenetics, so can internal reserves of methyl groups based on the mutation.
From a personal perspective I probably wasn't in full fat burning mode until I got my methyl bucket refilled.

Methyl donor availability effects learning and memory too (probably related to low neurotransmitter levels).
We've also seen how low neurotransmitter levels in childhood can lead to addiction (Gabor Mate).
Stress (social, physical, emotional, infection etc) also depletes metyl levels!

So if the bucket is low/empty your ability to handle and (epigenetically/mentally/emotionally) adapt to stress of any kind will be limited, and your default responses automatic and rigid.
That may be any kind of stress, from every day events or attempting to learn new skills. You may have always been a 'slow learner' and found that things then just 'click'.
This will also relate to the stress of going keto and attempting to face yourself in the Work.
Your body/mind may be 'slow to adapt'.

Freeing yourself from the wrong kind of stress (wasting energy) reduces the speed of emptying of the methyl bucket. You can then use the reserves to face useful stress (the Work) and adapt.

The number one drain on these resources is chronic disease and lack of good quality sleep. The second largest drain is social/emotional stress (either external or internal in the form of anxieties/thought loops and negative self image). Lastly there is things like cold showers, going keto, exams, and heavy prolonged exercise.

One of the default programs this can generate is stress avoidance (laziness, procrastination, even social anxiety).
Being clever rather than frugal with this limited resource is the way through it.
Some short term stress is needed in order to adapt, so a critical eye is needed to watch where this resource is spent.

Incidentally refilling my methyl bucket with the protocol I mentioned earlier in the thread led to an uncovering and amplification of past issues and programs.
Lots of memories came back, lots of emotions surfaced that needed processing and my avoidance and disassociation behavior became more pronounced in response.
In short, I realized I was still burning through my methyl resources at a higher rate despite replenishing them. And I had to face these things (the stress of facing them) and adapt in order to change that.

Effort (short term stress) will change genetic expression.

And the C's hit list:
http://cassiopaea.org/2012/08/27/the-cs-hit-list-09-dna-rational-design-and-the-origins-of-life/
[..]
It follows from all of the above that life had an intelligent designer or engineer. Not necessarily DNA-based, mind you, but intelligent nonetheless. But what is intelligence?

Shiller defines intelligence as a “system capacity to counteract entropy, differentiate information from randomness, and effect ‘choice’ over ‘chance’.” (p. 308) We do this each time we form a sentence, solve a puzzle, or build a machine. With machines, as long as they have intelligent operators, they can be kept running (against entropy) by ensuring they are properly fueled and faulty parts are replaced as required. Without intelligent input, the system or machine would run down due to entropy. Shiller notes: “Similarly, the LS [Life System] comprises biological machines that are able to fuel themselves and repair themselves. The only discernable difference is that instead of humans controlling these functions as occurs in all human designed machines, these functions are intelligently controlled automatically from within the biological machines that comprise the LS (no system-external intelligent operators required).” (p. 310)

Simply put, life itself is intelligent, and it goes against entropy, like any designed system. It actually becomes more complex over time, not less so (unlike normal chemistry); it isn’t random (take DNA, literally a multi-volume work of organized information, including instructions for the design, construction, repair, maintenance, and adaptive evolution in every cell and structure of an organism – processes which are directedchemistry carried out by highly efficient molecular machines); and it shows evidence of choice over chance, both in its blueprint and in its function. The chances for even the simplest and smallest number of proteins in a working cell coming into existence by chance are somewhat unlikely, to understate the matter, rather like the chances of winning the lottery 4 million times in a row. Also, as Shiller shows, the random mutations to which DNA is subject seem to be constrained by design to favor functional mutations, filtering out dead-end possibilities by virtue of the inherent degeneracy of DNA coding. (See Chapter 13 of his book and his amino acid diagrams in the appendices. In a nutshell, mutations confine themselves to two distinct groupings of options – amino acids from one group never substitute directly for any in the other group, limiting the number of possible mutations.)
[..]
If some form of intelligence actually engineered DNA, and thus life itself, it is possible it left a ‘signature’ of sorts. Shiller believes the most likely place for this would be in so-called ‘junk DNA’, portions of which have been highly conserved between species over billions of years, seemingly for no purpose. (Note: Each year, scientists are discovering more purposes for junk DNA, meaning it’s definitely not junk. However, some parts still seem to serve no discernible function: In 2004, Edward Rubin and his team removed sections of this highly conserved DNA, measuring over 1.6 million base pairs long, from mice, with no discernible effect on the animals. They repeated a similar experiment in 2007, with certain modifications, and the same result.) Perhaps these conserved sections are the ultimate ‘message in a bottle’? If some pattern or message is discovered, it would be undeniable proof of intelligent bio-engineering.

Coincidentally, in the same year that Shiller’s book was published (2005), Christopher Knight and Alan Butler made the same speculation in their book, Who Built the Moon? They traced the idea to physicist Paul Davies (1994). The idea makes me wonder if the Cs’ ‘tribal unit’ remark (quoted in part four) might be such a signature? And just recently, on 17 August 2012, this article was published on Extreme Tech: ‘Harvard cracks DNA storage, crams 700 terabytes of data into a single gram‘.
Scientists have been eyeing up DNA as a potential storage medium for a long time, for three very good reasons: It’s incredibly dense (you can store one bit per base, and a base is only a few atoms large); it’s volumetric (beaker) rather than planar (hard disk); and it’s incredibly stable – where other bleeding-edge storage mediums need to be kept in sub-zero vacuums, DNA can survive for hundreds of thousands of years in a box in your garage.

It is only with recent advances in microfluidics and labs-on-a-chip that synthesizing and sequencing DNA has become an everyday task, though. While it took years for the original Human Genome Project to analyze a single human genome (some 3 billion DNA base pairs), modern lab equipment with microfluidic chips can do it in hours. Now this isn’t to say that Church and Kosuri’s DNA storage is fast – but it’s fast enough for very-long-term archival.

Just think about it for a moment: One gram of DNA can store 700 terabytes of data. That’s 14,000 50-gigabyte Blu-ray discs… in a droplet of DNA that would fit on the tip of your pinky. To store the same kind of data on hard drives – the densest storage medium in use today – you’d need 233 3TB drives, weighing a total of 151 kilos. In Church and Kosuri’s case, they have successfully stored around 700 kilobytes of data in DNA – Church’s latest book, in fact – and proceeded to make 70 billion copies (which they claim, jokingly, makes it the best-selling book of all time!) totaling 44 petabytes of data stored.

… If the entirety of human knowledge – every book, uttered word, and funny cat video – can be stored in a few hundred kilos of DNA, though… well, it might just be possible to record everything (hello, police state!)

It’s also worth noting that it’s possible to store data in the DNA of living cells – though only for a short time. Storing data in your skin would be a fantastic way of transferring data securely

Perhaps that is already being done, and we just haven’t looked for it?
[..]

Joe said:
Scottie said:

Good point, and it seems that Work on the self is really the best option, because if we put any credence in what the Cs say about the Wave, that it is effectively a wave of "feeling" that has the effect of provoking all the "stuff", experiences from this and past lives, hidden feelings, beliefs, prejudices, attitude to life etc. then it seems that we would be well advised to actively engage in such a process bit by bit because having all of it suddenly dropped in our laps might be a little too much to bear.

This process of dealing with that "stuff" - feelings and beliefs and prejudices often based on traumatic experiences - is, in the 3D sense, actively engaging with the Wave, or "riding" it, as Laura has written about.

Learning is fun! LOL I had a thought recently that I get to see the effects of The Wave in action while attending A A meetings. I mean you have people who are seriously attempting to find a way to live that works for them without returning to their addiction because the consequences are too devastating. And one of the main ways we achieve that is through self-honesty and self-examination. So you have people often sharing very honestly in meetings and there's something very healing and real, almost magical. Limbic resonance or whatever and it really seems to help. We laugh a lot. Heartfelt laughter that comes only from relating and understanding one another. We have what we call rule 62: don't take yourself so dam seriously! That's actually important because you have to loosen up a little to get free of your own incorrect assumptions and beliefs. But on the other hand, we take our recovery very serious.

But yeah, I agree. That is what is meant by "riding The Wave"

Hi everyone, Joe, excellent, excellent points. It's that "sins of the father" thing. I've seen a very similar thing in my own life, as my old man always seemed to resign, not choosing to fight things he knew were wrong, and were just too big to face...hence, the severe "why bother" procrastination program that i now struggle with. Karma is a bitch...but not like that standard definition that Scottie mentioned.

I also admire your courage to have a past life regression...it seems to be a scary thing to do because the information can be used two ( or more?) ways...the upward way, that informs you on what needs to be worked on, and the downward way that gives one excuse's for negative behaviors and personality traits. I don't think it should ever be done "on a whim", IMO.

( for some reason "it" is trying really hard, right now, to stop here...but screw "it"!...here we go....)

That article, and another one that's up on SoTT today,
http://www.sott.net/article/310621-Study-finds-high-doses-of-cocaine-causes-brain-to-eat-itself
caused a major ah-ha moment. I think this is in line with whats being discussed here...so here is the comment that "it" didn't let me write..

Back in the late 90's, when i had more friends and acquaintances and ADHD was a current and hotly debated subject, a friend had related an idea about sperm/DNA damage from cocaine and alcohol being the cause of this condition. Now before anyone comes back with the " its a fake condition invented by psychologists and big pharma to drug children for being children" meme, please understand, i think that above statement stems from the fact that 95% of the drugged kids are mis-diagonsed and do not need any chemical intervention....( I'm also of the opinion that drugs are not the answer for the ones who do have it, again nutrition is the key, FWIW.)

Anyway, one close friend and more than a few others did have kids that were REALLY, REALLY out of control...way to much to just blame on sugar and caffeine. So here's the kicker...EVERY one of those kids had fathers who were"partiers" who liked the cocaine high. They were not what i would call a "big-time coke head", but they all used it regularly to get un-drunk and party on. Add to that observation that Ritalin is essentially synthetic cocaine and that for those really out of control ones, it really did appear to effect major changes and clarity for the child.

I've learned over time to never marry myself to my "ideas" and i pretty much discarded this one when the initial memes of the "its all in the genes" thing came along....the idea lost even more credibility when i became more aware of big pharmas evil machinations.

The first article , that Joe mentioned, caused that old idea to resurface..and the other, mentioned above, almost seals the deal when it mentioned, at the end, about the brain changes in the offspring.

So what I'm saying is this; that the fathers addiction to the "high" of cocaine caused DNA changes that in turn created a condition in the child which required a similar substance just to function normally.

I may be wrong about this, but it appears we are getting actual hard evidence for " The sins of the father shall be visited upon the son"

I hope i haven't gone to far off track here, Thanks, Dave

beherenow said:
Back in the late 90's, when i had more friends and acquaintances and ADHD was a current and hotly debated subject, a friend had related an idea about sperm/DNA damage from cocaine and alcohol being the cause of this condition. Now before anyone comes back with the " its a fake condition invented by psychologists and big pharma to drug children for being children" meme, please understand, i think that above statement stems from the fact that 95% of the drugged kids are mis-diagonsed and do not need any chemical intervention....( I'm also of the opinion that drugs are not the answer for the ones who do have it, again nutrition is the key, FWIW.)

Anyway, one close friend and more than a few others did have kids that were REALLY, REALLY out of control...way to much to just blame on sugar and caffeine. So here's the kicker...EVERY one of those kids had fathers who were"partiers" who liked the cocaine high. They were not what i would call a "big-time coke head", but they all used it regularly to get un-drunk and party on. Add to that observation that Ritalin is essentially synthetic cocaine and that for those really out of control ones, it really did appear to effect major changes and clarity for the child.

I had a similar thought reading Joe's post.

Because the most obvious traumatic/negative experience from my childhood was the result of a narcissistic and thrill seeking, alcoholic father which seemed to result in similar behaviours from both me and my brother, though the expression was quite different. Knowing his father was also a raging alcoholic but without a structure to keep him on track (my father was in the army) he suffered as a child and subjected me to similar abuse.

What's funny is watching shows like Jerry Springer growing up it was blatantly apparent that these traits were being passed down generationally since most who were guests would say they were also mistreated growing up. Gabor Mate says street addicts the % is something like 90%. And this also is apparent when seeing families who've had generational unemployment/abuse/neglect; you can almost see it in their faces, never mind their body and behaviour, osit.

Gabor Mate's perspective on epi-genetics, neurobiology and addiction/behaviours is much like what's being discussed here - except Karma.

So my thoughts right now are that, sure, it seems that the 'billboard falling on your, or your children’s children's head' is in keeping with how the universe may work, since that often seems how our own lessons are delivered.

But then posing that to my own situation, is it discipline that we've yet to get down? Or is it a penchant for mindless hedonism? Or is it a deep-down worthlessness that pushes our lineage to behave in certain ways? All of the above? I tend to think that if i do have any connection to this lineage it is mainly lesson based because other than that in relation to my relations, we are quite different. Or that there's been a malfunction somewhere along the line.

For myself the most i can think of, incorporating all mentioned thus far, is perhaps: i had a penchant for certain behaviours or things and the experienced trauma has, if i so choose, provided the catalyst which was necessary for me to progress to where i am, and perhaps prepare me for where i wish to go. And perhaps the intense negative experience helped clear out some backed-up Karma i'd accrued from a naughty past-life or something? It may be something as simple as considering others as much as yourself.

The one liner from those talk-shows which does seem to relate is: "It stops with you."

I've also pondered how intense trauma could quite easily trigger/up regulate certain destructive or damaging genetics. Primarily because anybody who's been through any traumatic experience can relate to some of the sensations you feel throughout your body and their intensity, coupled with the following processing and sadness.

There were some comments from the C's in a recently published transcript which i found very interesting:

Laura said:
Q: Why did I have so many children?

A: This is what you chose to do at several levels.

Q: It is a very great responsibility.

A: It is a great responsibility, but you have learned many lessons as a result.
Prior to this incarnation you requested a "fast track," as the popular parlance would indicate, for ascension to the next level. You were told, as all were who request this, that such a challenge would be difficult, indeed. And, as is your soul imprint characteristic, you responded that, in your opinion, the challenge was not nearly as great as others perceived it. But, of course, those others giving the message were of higher density and, therefore, by nature, had much greater awareness and knowledge.

Q: Are you saying I have bitten off more than I can chew?

A: Well, that would be rather presumptive, would it not? After all, the chewing process has not been completed, now has it?

Q: No. But it is a very great worry and concern that never goes away.

A: Well, this has never been any different, has it?

I believe the C's have also commented that sometimes it can be a 'take what you can get' kind of thing, closest to your required learning curve but that genetically it may be that you're not as closely related as others may be. But then i don't know because 'you are where you need to be'.

I'm reminded of Dr Mate's example of starving pregnant women having babies many who turned out to have weight problems due to an apparent change in their biology - i'm paraphrasing Mate.

But as has been said, and i agree, choices and catalysts are just that. I was blessed with a generally well functioning physical body so perhaps that was my 'bonus' and the experiences are the Karma and the catalyst. And i've actually been through some health issues in the last two years and have a renewed understanding and respect for people with auto immune issues, or any health related suffering at all. So for some things i can see how suffering has helped and the actions that follow could alter who i am, in others, it's a touch more complex.

beherenow said:
I also admire your courage to have a past life regression...it seems to be a scary thing to do because the information can be used two ( or more?) ways...the upward way, that informs you on what needs to be worked on, and the downward way that gives one excuse's for negative behaviors and personality traits. I don't think it should ever be done "on a whim", IMO.

Funny you should say that. For me it was much easier to make excuses before past life regression. It was like being all defensive without knowing why. It was literally driving me crazy.

I integrated a very problematical past life with external help. Even though I had "flashbacks" throughout the years, I was so unprepared that it never really registered in my conscious mind.

The only "downward way" I could see was that integrating that past life was in no way easy. It was nothing that I would had ever expected to go through or have gone through.

It was a liberating experience, but one that I went through only when I was barely ready for it and/or when it could no longer be delayed so to speak. Even though past lives are "hypothetical", for me it felt very real.

After that, I was better able to understand present dynamics and what needs work. And yes, it seems that present dynamics and genetics facilitate 3D lessons.

Corvinus said:
There were some comments from the C's in a recently published transcript which i found very interesting:

What is the date of that transcript?

You can click on the "Quote from" at the top of the quote, they're from October 7, 1997

Mr Premise mentioned overcoming fear of heights since being on the iodine protocol, so I went searching for possible clues and ran into something rather interesting.
_http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/10486479/Phobias-may-be-memories-passed-down-in-genes-from-ancestors.html
Phobias may be memories passed down in genes from ancestors
Memories may be passed down through generations in DNA in a process that may be the underlying cause of phobias

Memories can be passed down to later generations through genetic switches that allow offspring to inherit the experience of their ancestors, according to new research that may explain how phobias can develop.

Scientists have long assumed that memories and learned experiences built up during a lifetime must be passed on by teaching later generations or through personal experience.

However, new research has shown that it is possible for some information to be inherited biologically through chemical changes that occur in DNA.

Researchers at the Emory University School of Medicine, in Atlanta, found that mice can pass on learned information about traumatic or stressful experiences – in this case a fear of the smell of cherry blossom – to subsequent generations.

The results may help to explain why people suffer from seemingly irrational phobias – it may be based on the inherited experiences of their ancestors.

So a fear of spiders may in fact be an inherited defence mechanism laid down in a families genes by an ancestors' frightening encounter with an arachnid.

Dr Brian Dias, from the department of psychiatry at Emory University, said: "We have begun to explore an underappreciated influence on adult behaviour – ancestral experience before conception.

"From a translational perspective, our results allow us to appreciate how the experiences of a parent, before even conceiving offspring, markedly influence both structure and function in the nervous system of subsequent generations.

"Such a phenomenon may contribute to the etiology and potential intergenerational transmission of risk for neuropsychiatric disorders such as phobias, anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder."

In the study, which is published in the journal of Nature Neuroscience, the researchers trained mice to fear the smell of cherry blossom using electric shocks before allowing them to breed.

The offspring produced showed fearful responses to the odour of cherry blossom compared to a neutral odour, despite never having encountered them before.

The following generation also showed the same behaviour. This effect continued even if the mice had been fathered through artificial insemination.

The researchers found the brains of the trained mice and their offspring showed structural changes in areas used to detect the odour.

The DNA of the animals also carried chemical changes, known as epigenetic methylation, on the gene responsible for detecting the odour.

This suggests that experiences are somehow transferred from the brain into the genome, allowing them to be passed on to later generations.

The researchers now hope to carry out further work to understand how the information comes to be stored on the DNA in the first place.

They also want to explore whether similar effects can be seen in the genes of humans.

Professor Marcus Pembrey, a paediatric geneticist at University College London, said the work provided "compelling evidence" for the biological transmission of memory.

He added: "It addresses constitutional fearfulness that is highly relevant to phobias, anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorders, plus the controversial subject of transmission of the ‘memory’ of ancestral experience down the generations.

"It is high time public health researchers took human transgenerational responses seriously.

"I suspect we will not understand the rise in neuropsychiatric disorders or obesity, diabetes and metabolic disruptions generally without taking a multigenerational approach.”

Professor Wolf Reik, head of epigenetics at the Babraham Institute in Cambridge, said, however, further work was needed before such results could be applied to humans.

He said: "These types of results are encouraging as they suggest that transgenerational inheritance exists and is mediated by epigenetics, but more careful mechanistic study of animal models is needed before extrapolating such findings to humans.”

It comes as another study in mice has shown that their ability to remember can be effected by the presence of immune system factors in their mother's milk

Dr Miklos Toth, from Weill Cornell Medical College, found that chemokines carried in a mother's milk caused changes in the brains of their offspring, affecting their memory in later life.

Study here http://www.nature.com/neuro/journal/v17/n1/full/nn.3594.html

So perhaps DNA is less important to focus on, more the idea that we inherit (through many mechanisms) the traits, choices and actions/reaction of our genetic ancestors (as well as theoretically our past lives).
Combined with things like morphic resonance (an entire species suddenly developing the same skill) and it gives an interesting perspective on things like information theory and the Work.

Back
Top Bottom