Spawn of the sphinx

AdamJM

Padawan Learner
Hi there. I have been reading an online book to do with the 'son of sam' murders that occurred during the 70's in and around New York. I was a big fan of the book 'The Ultimate Evil' by Maury terry which investigates the killings in depth, proving that they where not the acts of a lone killer but those of a satanic cult, with links to a sophisticated network of drug dealing and assassination.

Terrys book was a meticulous investigation of all the facts surrounding the case, but it lacked a sense of narrative, as well as context. I recently signed up to a facebook group that discusses the topic and the more contemporary information that has surfaced (TUE was written 20 years or so ago), and one of the posts was a link to a website of an unknown author who is claiming to be planning a novel using the SOS as a back drop.

What the website consists of is the SOS killings, put in to context, and with all the links tied together: the cults connection to the process church; other prominent people connected to the cults; shady (likely) intelligence operatives, and more importantly a look at the environment they spawned from. The book/theory is laid out in 17 chapters (i am only on 11) but it has covered many topics discussed on this forum: Ponerogenesis, authoritarian personality types, and more importantly Psychopathy.

So far it has been really interesting but i have noticed things that i am unsure of. The thing that puzzles me is the detail concerning one of the murders as well as a majick ceremony performed to summon a demon: it is as if the person was there. I do wonder if the descriptions of these events were sourced from other books? which is really the reason why i am writing this, to maybe find out if anybody on here knows anything about it.

The website is:http://thespawnofthesphinx.com/index.html

For anybody who has an interest in this i recommend it, but the subject matter is pretty horrifying, as i am sure you can understand.

Back
Top Bottom