Spirit Release Therapy - A Retrospective

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
I've recently been made aware that there are some people associated with this forum who have involved themselves in some sort of SRT, possibly combining it with Reiki, and also claiming to identify "alternate personalities" within themselves, AKA Dissociative Identity Disorder. This is a bit alarming for a number of reasons. Let me try to list some of my observations and experiences and conclusions which I hope will act as a "word to the wise."

Remember, a smart man learns from his mistakes, a genius learns from the mistakes of others. In the field called SRT, there wasn't a lot of material to learn from in the early days. William Baldwin's book was the main compendium out there, and he had studied older sources, finding only bits and pieces. So, when I encountered it, it seemed like a great new thing, so to say, another tool in the kit for "fighting evil".

Off I went into the fray with more arrogance than wisdom; I'm lucky I survived; I almost didn't.

The take-home message I finally understood was that, in a sense, SRT is a violation of free will. If a person gets "attached" it is usually because there is a frequency match between the individual - or some part of the individual - and the attaching entity, whether "dead dude" or elemental or demonic. If the entity is persuaded to leave, that doesn't change the individual's frequency; the only thing that can change the frequency is work on the self, by the self. That's the bottom line. And when a person thinks that "oh, it's easy, just do SRT and presto, problem solved!" they are much less inclined to do the very hard and painful work on the self. In a sense, you could say that the attaching entity is causing them the pain they COULD experience by choice, only with better ultimate results, i.e. changing their frequency, direction, and even reality.

So, essentially, when a person does SRT for another, they are violating the ultimate will of that individual to learn and grow and that has reciprocal effects on the person doing the SRT. It is as though you have placed some of your own essence/being into the place of the entity and thereafter, you are "in harness" with that individual. And if that individual is not doing work on themselves to change their frequency, then you can get pulled down with them. You probably won't match exactly, but enough damage can be done to bring about physical illness or other types of organic breakdown of your own system.

Now, all of the above is not to say that some individuals do not have a "gift" for doing SRT, shamanically, so to say. But the price they pay is usually pretty high if you follow their life trajectories, and according to what I have described above. They cannot, in any way, be considered "normal", and it is possible that their "talent" is a consequence of some past life influence, positive or negative. It could even be considered a "curse" that they must endure for a lifetime, however short it is, in order to pay for some serious lapse in other times and places. What could be worse than to be fated to have chunks of your energy taken away and stuffed in the psychic wounds of individuals who don't have the will or desire to do their own work? And after you clean them up and get them all "bandaged", they go out and play in the dirt again and again (as they will and do)?

Some thought should be given to DID, also. What if a so-called "entity" is simply a part of a fragmented personality? What are you doing but amputating parts of an individual if you seek to dismiss that part? And what goes in its place? Part of you, again, and you become fragmented yourself.

In general, the Work as Gurdjieff conceived it was designed to assist people in overcoming their mild dissociations which we can better understand by reading Martha Stout's book "The Myth of Sanity". The book is about more severe cases that may be very resistant to healing, but my point is that she does talk about the more ordinary dissociations to which everyone is heir at one time or another.

If a person's dissociated selves are mild and ordinary, there is a good possibility that they can "become one" within themselves via work on the self as we have developed it here utilizing many sources and guided by the Cs. A person who has more severe dissociation, as in actual DID, are most likely not suitable to do the Work, and cannot do it. Again, perhaps they are dealing with a karmic burden, an "infantile" spirit, or whatever; bottom line is, they just can't do the work and the most they can hope for is to try to achieve a modicum of normality as in striving to become a good obyvatal but possibly even that is out of reach. But striving is good as that is a form of working on the self.

Our policy here is that, if we encounter such individuals, we try to give them support and some guidance, but we know, realistically, that they cannot do the Work and, when the rubber hits the road, they will probably disintegrate even more. But, in the meantime, we do the best we can to help and guide even if we realize that no results - or very little - can be expected.

Now, as to the idea that one can use Reiki sessions as "SRT opportunities", well, considering all of the above, I think most of you will realize what a very bad idea that is. First of all, if a number of people are standing around with their hands on an individual and some one of the group is attempting to do SRT, it simply spreads around the responsibility for creating the "gap" that must be filled; so who is going to give a chunk of themselves to replace what is removed? Even worse, is it possible that there are gaps in other members of such a group that will create a fine new home for an entity that finds itself in discomfort? Yes, Reiki is supposed to protect against receiving back negative energies from a person being treated, but that is predicated on the idea that nothing is being "stirred up", and the only intent is to pass the life force to the individual. As most of you have guessed, in our reality, intent has its limitations and if you are intending one thing one way, and then another thing another way, what's going to happen? You can't have it both ways.

I think the above is enough of a "word to the wise".

It's best to not meddle with things you do not fully understand because you be crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

If a person gets "attached" it is usually because there is a frequency match between the individual - or some part of the individual - and the attaching entity, whether "dead dude" or elemental or demonic. If the entity is persuaded to leave, that doesn't change the individual's frequency; the only thing that can change the frequency is work on the self, by the self. That's the bottom line. And when a person thinks that "oh, it's easy, just do SRT and presto, problem solved!" they are much less inclined to do the very hard and painful work on the self

Indeed! And thank you for sharing this. It’s important to realize that work on the self IS an adventure but it’s also gruelling and takes dedication and effort, day in and day out, for months, years and possibly decades before seeing a real fundamental change in oneself. In other words you can’t expect immediate results and if you’re in it, you’re in it for the long haul, as in you get up every day and realize what your aims are, what you want to see from yourself, look back yesterday to see what you did wrong and can improve on in some way, how you can make others lives easier and better in some way - and do it! Discover the lies you tell yourself and others while working to let go of ones ego and self-importance, regardless of how subtle and benign it may seem, and work towards dissociating as little as possible! Because if you can’t pay attention to what’s in front of you and what your doing, whether it’s drilling holes in a wall that you’ve already drilled, then you have no business delving into unknown realms. In other words keep your feet on the ground and there’s good reason Laura and the group have moved away from things like this and focused more on a practical approach to the Work. As Castaneda said, we have to make ourselves unpalatable to the flyers mind and if we do that long enough and consistently enough, eventually it won’t come back.

Thanks for the reminder,

And I’d just like to echo, every time I’ve considered the subject of spirit attachment and the implications of a release. I can’t escape the idea of a quick fix approach, by both the practitioner and the client. “I’m constantly cheating on my wife and I was told I have a demon, fix me up!” Or “the reason you’ve been cheating so much is that you have a demon, here let me take care of that for you”. It’s walking away from responsibility, from sovereignty of the individual and from learning ultimately.

And the more I thought about it the more I realized that the choice to let go of certain things has to be personal and the best approach is conscious discipline, with an Aim. And the first step towards that, as with anything is self knowledge.

My two cents

What could be worse than to be fated to have chunks of your energy taken away and stuffed in the psychic wounds of individuals who don't have the will or desire to do their own work? And after you clean them up and get them all "bandaged", they go out and play in the dirt again and again (as they will and do)?

Now, as to the idea that one can use Reiki sessions as "SRT opportunities", well, considering all of the above, I think most of you will realize what a very bad idea that is. First of all, if a number of people are standing around with their hands on an individual and some one of the group is attempting to do SRT, it simply spreads around the responsibility for creating the "gap" that must be filled; so who is going to give a chunk of themselves to replace what is removed? Even worse, is it possible that there are gaps in other members of such a group that will create a fine new home for an entity that finds itself in discomfort? Yes, Reiki is supposed to protect against receiving back negative energies from a person being treated, but that is predicated on the idea that nothing is being "stirred up", and the only intent is to pass the life force to the individual. As most of you have guessed, in our reality, intent has its limitations and if you are intending one thing one way, and then another thing another way, what's going to happen? You can't have it both ways.

The thought of this is so scary! I was thinking, it could also go the other way as well. What if with the person who is doing the SRT has attachments of their own and so when they remove one entity from the receiver, they unwittingly put one of their own in its place putting the receiver in an even worse position than when they started. :scared:

The thought of this is so scary! I was thinking, it could also go the other way as well. What if with the person who is doing the SRT has attachments of their own and so when they remove one entity from the receiver, they unwittingly put one of their own in its place putting the receiver in an even worse position than when they started. :scared:

That's not impossible, for sure. And so, so, so often I encountered individuals with serious attachments - like along the spectrum towards demonic - who were convinced of their own "psychic powers" and invulnerability.

Natural psychic abilities DO exist - I've seen it, experienced it, maybe have some myself - but there are quite a number of so-called "psychics" who are nothing other than attached, one way or another.

Strange you should mention this, because just yesterday I was re-reading Amazing Grace and at the part where William (Bill) Balding was mentioned regarding SRT, I stopped reading right there.
I then went on a forum search because I wasn't comfortable about this SRT, to find out if it was still advocated / approved by you Laura.

Strange you should mention this, because just yesterday I was re-reading Amazing Grace and at the part where William (Bill) Balding was mentioned regarding SRT, I stopped reading right there.
I then went on a forum search because I wasn't comfortable about this SRT, to find out if it was still advocated / approved by you Laura.

Well, I do think that in SOME cases, it can be effective, but so much depends on context.

As a general rule of thumb, however, I think it should be avoided.

A few years ago many on the forum participated in the experiment with a guy and his psychic sidekick who said all the right things, and appeared to be on a similar trajectory after we talked with him, etc. But it wasn't too long before stories of experiences began trickling back to me and I realized that either he started out okay, and something got to him, or he was always a fraud to begin with and put one over on me. (I tend to think it was the former). The end result was that I realized that there are some kinds of psychic work that CAN be done, but the people who can do it are rare. And also, there is the price that has to be paid, both by the practitioner and the client. As the Cs have said, no pain, no gain, and if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I think the only thing I would consider okay to undertake at this point would be what is called "spirit viewing". In that way, you can tell the person what their issues are, something about their attachments, and then let them decide if they really want to do the work to deal with it. And then, wait and see if they actually begin to do it. Otherwise, you can do spirit release until the cows come home, and the person will just keep getting new hitchikers.

What it means is that, at this point in my life and experience, I've learned that people are here to learn lessons and if you try to stop bullets for them, you are the one who gets shot.

What it means is that, at this point in my life and experience, I've learned that people are here to learn lessons and if you try to stop bullets for them, you are the one who gets shot.

Oh gosh that is SO true. But try explaining that to a family member who's nature is to help anyone who doesn't really ask. Instant fireworks. Like banging your head against the proverbial wall.

Oh gosh that is SO true. But try explaining that to a family member who's nature is to help anyone who doesn't really ask. Instant fireworks. Like banging your head against the proverbial wall.

When you think about it, it is arrogance that makes a person think they should decide what is right for another. And we've all learned the hard way that "asking" isn't always asking. If the person doesn't have actions to match their words, it means nothing.

I was arrogant thinking that I could or should "fix" so many things when clearly, the Universe knows what it is doing. If I am SHOWN by the environment that something should be done by me, I will do it, but no more "stepping in the gaps" because I think I'm so speshul.

When you think about it, it is arrogance that makes a person think they should decide what is right for another. And we've all learned the hard way that "asking" isn't always asking. If the person doesn't have actions to match their words, it means nothing.

I was arrogant thinking that I could or should "fix" so many things when clearly, the Universe knows what it is doing. If I am SHOWN by the environment that something should be done by me, I will do it, but no more "stepping in the gaps" because I think I'm so speshul.
I honestly think the universe is the best parent. I reckon if I am paying proper attention it gives me fair warning and the outcome shows whether the choice made is the 'right' one or not.

With regards to SRT, I think attachments aren't that different to viruses or parasites. Really unpleasant to have, you do all kinds of protocols to get rid of them but in some way they make you stronger as a result once they have gone. Just a thought.

I don't think anyone should decide what is right for another. We all have our own sovereign lessons.
Yep, none of us are 'speshul' and the universe really does know what it is doing. My mantra for as long as I can remember has been 'Trust in the Universe' And I do. And the universe has taken good care of me.

With regards to SRT, I think attachments aren't that different to viruses or parasites. Really unpleasant to have, you do all kinds of protocols to get rid of them but in some way they make you stronger as a result once they have gone.
Well, they (parasites/viruses) are probably there for a reason and because of an environment. Spirit attachments may be more like relationships. If a woman seeks help because she has bruises and then it's revealed she gets beaten by her partner, just 'sending away' her partner could be a first step, but it could a also be dangerous, and what will her next relationship probably be like if a deeper understanding of the situation is not obtained? It's also a difference if the partner would just get locked up in prison as an outside intervention, setting her 'free', or if on the other hand she acquires the means to improve her life on her own.

Well, they (parasites/viruses) are probably there for a reason and because of an environment. Spirit attachments may be more like relationships. If a woman seeks help because she has bruises and then it's revealed she gets beaten by her partner, just 'sending away' her partner could be a first step, but it could a also be dangerous, and what will her next relationship probably be like if a deeper understanding of the situation is not obtained? It's also a difference if the partner would just get locked up in prison as an outside intervention, setting her 'free', or if on the other hand she acquires the means to improve her life on her own.

Exactly. You suffer until you learn how not to suffer; nobody can learn that lesson for you or prevent you from learning it. I know all of that from first hand experience!

It is very valuable to have this information. We have done some light aura cleanse that have worked quite well with light attachments, yet in light of what you write here, Laura, then we will drop that. There was the understanding that it was not fixing the underlying problem of what leaks there were in the armor that allowed these attachments to come in the first place, but it created a breathing space. Yet, not knowing with what energies one is dealing, leaves one open. So thank you again for having clarified this topic of SRT.

Exactly. You suffer until you learn how not to suffer; nobody can learn that lesson for you or prevent you from learning it. I know all of that from first hand experience!

But in a way, suffering seems to be necessary. Especially for those 'on the path'
One way to understand it is to say that “Suffering is not necessary; however, it usually takes a great deal of suffering to realize this!” In other words, suffering must be experienced-- and experienced in a certain way--in order to be eradicated.

Back
Top Bottom