Star Trek Archons

Yupo

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I searched on this topic and did not see this video. Let me apologize if this has been discussed before. Also apologizing for not knowing how to better post a video so it plays on the page. Help?

I watched this Star Trek clip this morning about the importance of agreements to participate with predatory interactions. And it covers manipulated hallucinations of reality. Just wow. Your thoughts? Interesting to me particularly right now because my elderly parents are mentioning seeing the ghosts of their parents hanging around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v79lVNKthCw

https://youtu.be/v79lVNKthCw

Mod's note: Added video

Also apologizing for not knowing how to better post a video so it plays on the page. Help?

Hi Yupo,

When on the YT page you can click on the Share button. It displays the link you used in your post and it also shows you an Embed button.

When you click the Embed button and expand the result by clicking See more you will find the embed code you have to use in your post and some possible modifications for the format of the end result (which you can safely ignore in most cases) and a display of what it will look like in embedded form over here.

The embed code is displayed in a separate box and has to be highlighted in its entirety by right clicking and then choose Copy from the drop down menu.

Now go to the post box here.

Above the box on here wherein you type your post's text, there are a row of smileys and above that a row of icons/buttons (and above that one yet another). You need the icon #4 from the left in the middle row called Insert Video Embed Code.

When you click it the following will appear in the text box: [ embed ]x[ /embed ] with a blinking cursor in between. I used an x for that in this example.

Leave the cursor where it is blinking, posit your mouse indicator somewhere else within the text box and right click.

The full embed code you copied from YouTube will appear in between the forum codes: [ embed ]........[ /embed ] for which I used dots now.

Note: It's imperative that there be no spaces left blank. I just had to insert them here otherwise the embed boxes won't display properly.

Next you click the Preview button in the right corner below the text box to inspect the result before actually posting it, so you can make adjustments if necessary.

I would advise you to experiment with the procedure in this thread with the above video, just to get the feel of it. It won't matter to have the same link twice in different formats -- you can always ask a mod to delete it afterwards.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

P.S. I'm sorry to hear about your folks seeing ghost like apparitions. Hope others will chime in to help you cope with that. I have no experience in those matters. Apologies.

Leave the cursor where it is blinking, posit your mouse indicator somewhere else within the text box and right click.

This should read: Leave the cursor where it is blinking, posit your mouse indicator somewhere else within the text box and right click, then choose Copy.

Thanks for the help! I will practice.

As for my parents, I'm not having trouble coping. I just find it interesting.
It is common for people in hospice to talk about this too. And it is a common theme in movies as a character approaches the end of life.
Anyone read The Opposite of Fate, a memoir by Amy Tan?
She talks about this too, with her mother. Or maybe it is was the character in The Bone Setter's Daughter talking about her mother.
Her stories are interlaced with something special; she obviously has a connection to something. Anyway, sometimes hard to pick out the threads from the themes as much is interwoven.

Then, I am reminded of a story by Ray Bradbury, maybe from Martian Chronicles. The Martians tap into human memories to create a different reality for them. Creepy.

Palinurus said:

This should read: Leave the cursor where it is blinking, posit your mouse indicator somewhere else within the text box and right click, then choose Copy.

Alas, I'm not having a pristine day today, apparently. In stead of Copy I should have written Paste here. Sorry about that.

Cannot believe I overlooked that twice but I did... :huh:

Yupo said:
I searched on this topic and did not see this video. Let me apologize if this has been discussed before. Also apologizing

Aside from the video, if you're interested in reading about "Archons" on the forum, then just do a forum search for that word. There are a few such discussions with most of the conversation referencing certain Gnostic beliefs.

Yupo said:
I watched this Star Trek clip this morning about the importance of agreements to participate with predatory interactions. And it covers manipulated hallucinations of reality. Just wow. Your thoughts?

Enjoyed it, so thanks. I think almost everything Janeway said in that clip could be converted into a format for dealing with similar manipulation in everyday life, my favorite being:

"If what you're saying is true, then why not let me come to the decision on my own?

And to develop that idea a little further with a specific example, I think this SoTT article on dealing with vaccination supporters might relate:

http://www.sott.net/article/303777-How-to-win-converts-to-the-Vaccine-Paradigm

Back
Top Bottom