Starting a dream where I left off - 1st time

Menna

The Living Force
Hi fellow dreamers,

For the first time in my life (that I can remember) I had a dream remembered it woke up and then a few days later continued the same dream same meaning same feeling visuals people doing the same thing like I started where I left off. This stands out to me because this has never happened before. I have never had a brand new dream had it stop when I woke up and then lets say 3 days later continued that same dream.

I am less interested in the dream itself but more interested in asking has anyone else continued a dream on separate non consecutive nights? What does this mean as far as growth or symbolist (esoterically) when a person for the first time in their life has continued dreams that have once stopped and now start again.

Yes, this has happened to me. I've continued dreams years down the line and often have dream places that I revisit sporadically.
Once I had a dream where I knew I had had the same dream for 2 nights previously but had no waking recollection of it until the dream issue was solved the 3rd time around.
Dreams are funny things aren't they?

Hello Menna, over the years I have had what might be called recurring dreams, I guess it arises because of unresolved issues in our lives. It's quite startling when you realise that you are back in the same dream, and you are getting 'deja vu' all over again.
Maybe this is what happens during a Reality Reset, or a 'Mandela Effect' moment.

Thank you for the responses. Yes, I am more interested in the fact that I had a deja vu feeling or a "I have been here before feeling within a dream. I am more interested why at 32 years old is this happening for the first time now and has never happened previously sort of like is this a benchmark in someones life on the esoteric journey or otherwise.

Menna said:
Thank you for the responses. Yes, I am more interested in the fact that I had a deja vu feeling or a "I have been here before feeling within a dream. I am more interested why at 32 years old is this happening for the first time now and has never happened previously sort of like is this a benchmark in someones life on the esoteric journey or otherwise.

With dreams being a window into the subconscious, it could be that with things heating up on the planet, we could be having to face certain things, and so unresolved issues or patterns that have been recurring throughout our lives are now being put in front of face until the lesson is learned? Although it would be interesting to hear what the dream is about. I can only imagine that having a dream that continued on after a few days later might mean it's significant in some way and there's something important to gleam from it. Also, the reason I bring this up is because it's only been in the last year that I've had recurring dreams with very similar themes in them. I've never been a stranger to symbolic or really out there dreams, but recurring themes in dreams are unusual for me so I suspect that it's an indication of what needs to be worked on or processed in some way.

I wouldn't say it's never happened previously because who knows where we wander off to when we fall asleep. Maybe this is the first time you've become aware of it. I have had dreams that form a series or characters that come back over and over again for a while. I find it quite fascinating and keep a journal so I can get into the habit of remembering my dreams.

I may have had some serial narrative type dreams, but cannot remember any at the moment. More so, I have recurring type dreams where it's basically the same dream being repeated, sometimes with a few different details. But on this note, I've had dreams where I felt that they were incomplete, and I want to go back to sleep to resolve them! I usually just think about what it's trying to tell me, if anything, and decide while awake what a "good" conclusion would have been. But maybe it's kind of like arguing with your subconscious in that case.

I also had an experience of a dream continuation, but also situations what lainey said. I find it very interesting and try to remember as much as I can when they occur.
I notice that when you make some change in you current life problems, or even if just something in your life changes without you solving it, those kind of dreams do not repeat anymore.

Turgon said:
Menna said:

With dreams being a window into the subconscious, it could be that with things heating up on the planet, we could be having to face certain things, and so unresolved issues or patterns that have been recurring throughout our lives are now being put in front of face until the lesson is learned? Although it would be interesting to hear what the dream is about. I can only imagine that having a dream that continued on after a few days later might mean it's significant in some way and there's something important to gleam from it. Also, the reason I bring this up is because it's only been in the last year that I've had recurring dreams with very similar themes in them. I've never been a stranger to symbolic or really out there dreams, but recurring themes in dreams are unusual for me so I suspect that it's an indication of what needs to be worked on or processed in some way.

I agree with Turgon, if you haven't already I think it would be worth while to write out the dream and try to figure out what it means. Sharing the dream here would most likely help you understand it much deeper but only if you think sharing it is a good idea. Personally I've always been a pretty vivid dreamer but have never had repeating dreams(that I remember at least). That is interesting to say the least.

Hi,

Thank you for the responses I have read through them all and the consistent theme is that I talk more about the dream. The reason I have not described the dream in detail is that there is not much detail it was not a long dream. it was almost like I was standing in a backdrop the dream only lasted for moments. The backdrop was a room with large square tiles green and white that were on the floor and extended up the wall. I believe there was no roof or ceiling I had a feeling that if I was able to look up that I would be able to see the sky above me however as I started to look around the "room" or backdrop I woke up.

The main reason why I am posting about it here is because in this other reality during my dreaming state I had an awareness that I have never had before in this other reality in this dreaming state. This is why I feel this is worth posting here because I had an awareness a feeling a sensation that I have never had before in a dream. It was almost like a 3D waking state awareness transferred to my dreaming state. This has never happened before and the feeling that generated in my body once I became self aware in the dream forced me to wake up.

The state you are describing sounds a lot like a lucid dream - being aware of being in a dream. There are a few threads on the forum about lucid dreaming and endless webpages if you wanted to explore that topic further.

What do you think it means if there was no intent for lucid dreaming but it just happens? What does it say about ones physiology, psychology, being and so on?

Menna said:
What do you think it means if there was no intent for lucid dreaming but it just happens? What does it say about ones physiology, psychology, being and so on?

Not sure what it means. I'm no dream deciphering exprt (just an expert at sleeping :zzz:) but if I were to guess I would say that it may be due to the change many of us are undergoing at the current moment.

Maybe the dream itself doesn't carry the message but the fact that you were more sensitive to recall the type of emotions attached to the dream, maybe the reason for so is that your attention is more available because of some sort of blockage being removed.

Anything particularly different in your lifestyle?

I would have to say that the realization I had during the dream that lead to the sensation struck in me an importance. I feel I have grown esoterically over the past 6 months a lot and being has caught up to knowledge which is what I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom