Station Eleven (2021)

msante

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I recently watched a TV series called "Station Eleven". It's about 2021, and although in the first few episodes it seemed to have no definite direction, as the series progressed it got more and more interesting.

First of all I must clarify that I don't like to make recommendations because it usually happens that, even when talking about a good series/movies, the impact it produces in each one depends on the personal microcosm of experiences that each one has. So this is not a recommendation but an invitation to anyone who thinks it might be worth watching.

The series lasts 10 episodes and takes place in a post-apocalyptic scenario where, after a very deadly flu, approximately 99.9% of the population dies. Those who survive are people trying to rebuild their lives and make some sense of them.

The narrative style is IMO very pleasant, showing pieces of the past of each of the main characters (not necessarily chronologically) and making the viewer reconstruct the whole story as if it were a big puzzle. The characters look real, just people carrying the burden of their traumas and fears like any of us and trying to deal with them as best they can.

Since I don't like spoilers I won't say much more, except that the story not only feels pleasing to the senses (visually and audibly) with a well-executed non-linear narrative resource and good choice of music, but it also feels very good on a spiritual level leaving a gratifying hopeful feeling.

Well, that's all, for those who watch it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Back
Top Bottom