Stephen King speaks truth to woke power

Debra

Dagobah Resident
Awesomely written article!
Way to GO, Stephen King, I really love that man!
He has always seemed to be an in tune channeler.

Stephen King speaks truth to woke power
Libby Emmons and Barrett Wilson,

A miracle is happening. 2020 might go down as the year that woke culture died. Numerous celebrities emerged in the final inning of 2019 to fly the flag of common sense. Ricky Gervais, Dave Chappelle, Louis CK, Sarah Silverman, and JK Rowling found support among the masses, and now we can add the great novelist Stephen King to that list.

Explaining his Oscar-nomination votes, King tweeted: “As a writer, I am allowed to nominate in just 3 categories: Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Original Screenplay. For me, the diversity issue—as it applies to individual actors and directors, anyway—did not come up. That said, I would never consider diversity in matters of art. Only quality. It seems to me that to do otherwise would be wrong.”

A powerful figure like Stephen King expressing this universal truth about art and artists is a game-changer.
King’s statement is in direct contrast to comedian Issa Rae, who quipped “congratulations to those men,” after announcing the all-male noms in the best director category.

Art matters more than the artists: it places beauty over identity. We ended up in this mess because identity politics has been grafted over everything we do. We began to regress as a culture when we rejected the notion of separating the art from the artist. We lost our way when we placed platitudes above originality and competence. We came to believe that it doesn’t matter if a song, painting, or film is great, but whether the work of art was produced by a non-binary, latinx, disabled activist.

The idea was that diversity itself was its own reward, overshadowing objective considerations like merit, technical skill, or quality. In order to elevate diversity over other considerations, objectivity was relabeled as prejudiced in and of itself. Through the perpetuation of the concept of unconscious bias, there was no way a person could make an objective judgement about a piece of art without first questioning whether their view was inherently racist, ableist, homophobic, misogynistic, or bias.

This left us afraid of our own judgements, not only to express them, but to make them at all. Replies to King’s comment called his view “white supremacist,” because that’s where we have landed: a white man’s objective view is considered racist if he chooses the work of white men over women’s work, or the work of other races and ethnicities. The assumption is that, whether intentionally or not, he’s racist.

We started rewarding artists for what they are instead of what they do, and artists responded by creating boring work about identity instead of work truly from their heart. That’s how we ended up with so much truly mediocre content and artists who place more value in their identity and diversity virtue than truth, beauty, and honesty. There is no magic answer that will a) eliminate all prejudice and b) ensure that the objective best always comes out on top. We have to be open-minded when making judgements, consider multiple perspectives, and make a decision given all the factors.

A tragic irony of identity politics is how it has led to instant dehumanization and erasure of those who are perceived to be the wrong kind of people. Yesterday, actor Vince Vaughn suffered a potentially major blow to his career simply because he was spotted talking to the American president. That’s all. We have no idea what he said. Just a Twitter clip of a smile, some banter and a handshake, and his career is in jeopardy. Maybe the wokesters would have preferred if Vaughn was rude, or punched him or something.
Perhaps King has taken note of how the woke world treats people like shit while claiming to be empathetic and forward-thinking, or has noticed that great art and decent people have been consistently smeared as “hateful” or “white supremacist” in the name of progress.
The recent fake controversy over the movie Joker exemplifies this. For months, media fretted over the film’s perceived message of “white supremacy,” worried that movie theatres across the nation would be shot up by crazed incels. It didn’t happen, and Joker leads all movies with Oscar eleven nominations– unless all Oscar voters are white supremacists.

Ricky Gervais was threatened with being banned from hosting The Golden Globes, after being deemed hateful and transphobic for Twitter comments. The Globes didn’t cave, valuing ratings over woke points, and the result was perhaps the most hilarious hosting gig of all time. This is what happens when you don’t capitulate. You win. Everyone wins.
Stephen King’s vital endorsement of art for art’s sake will make waves and change minds. Like Gervais and JK Rowling, he’s too big to fail. We should be grateful that he spoke up, and let it give others courage to speak their mind, too. Woke culture has a stranglehold on our media, culture, and corporations, but as the revenues plummet, the boring work goes unrewarded, and the public begins to wake from wokeness, things are beginning to change. Woke culture is losing. Let’s finish it off.

READ THAT AGAIN:

"Woke culture is losing. Let’s finish it off."

I don’t know the Hollywood measure of truth and I should not comment about that. However if or when true art is only obvious for some, motivating for it sounds a bit like a justification or like a disclaimer for stepping out of the generally accepted ‘best practice’. I also wonder what is considered art in Hollywood?

Yes, the "woke culture" has infiltrated the minds of our youth to the point that Universities can no longer put on theatre productions without the approval of said youth. Both Kent State University and Otterbein University (a local institution) had to cancel their planned productions of West Side Story because a segment of the student population felt that the lack of sufficient students of color for casting made the play an inappropriate choice:

In Otterbein's case, switching to a new production midstream entailed a lot of unnecessary expense and work for the Theatre department. Additionally, one wonders how many plays are now off the table because of these politically correct restraints.

I'd heard about Ricky Gervais' Golden Globe eviscerating commentary, but since I don't waste my time watching any awards shows, missed his general roasting of the attendees. Found a somewhat censored version of his comments which really cut to the bone as was clear from the faces in the crowd. The comments to the vid are also on point:

Woke culture is losing. Let’s finish it off
It's not though. You really shouldn't underestimate it. The first video I saw about Jordan Peterson being heckled came out 4 years ago and I and most people saw the hecklers as being irrational and ridiculous. It was something I never took seriously. I never thought they would gain so much momentum, yet here we are. I still think they are a minority but, their voices are so loud in this social media environment. Also, There may be an angry backlash to this woke culture that comes from frustration, which will be counterproductive and detrimental. Things may get worse in ways we cannot predict.

It's not though. You really shouldn't underestimate it. The first video I saw about Jordan Peterson being heckled came out 4 years ago and I and most people saw the hecklers as being irrational and ridiculous. It was something I never took seriously. I never thought they would gain so much momentum, yet here we are. I still think they are a minority but, their voices are so loud in this social media environment. Also, There may be an angry backlash to this woke culture that comes from frustration, which will be counterproductive and detrimental. Things may get worse in ways we cannot predict.

Agreed. As Andrew Doyle (the creator of the wonderful Titania McGrath) says, the woke are the establishment. They dominate academia, the media, politics and the business world. Their woke propaganda is being pushed hard in all of these spheres and it is up to ordinary people to stand up to it and reject it (hopefully without losing their jobs!). He thinks that the children of the woke will reject it but he is a bit of an optimist. The C's say that this 'programming' will inevitably fail so there is hope there but it is a question of how bad things will get before that. They have also mentioned 'moral snapback' so things could get pretty nasty. The more people who shine a light on the insanity of wokeness the better. The quicker it is rejected by the masses so there is no fertile ground for it to fester and grow the better. Better that than a long, drawn-out 'culture war'. Part of the purpose of this from the 4D STS point of view seems to be to set people against each other; tribe against tribe. If the masses fight amongst themselves then they won't turn on the deep state who are the enemy of all.

A miracle is happening. 2020 might go down as the year that woke culture died. Numerous celebrities emerged in the final inning of 2019 to fly the flag of common sense. Ricky Gervais, Dave Chappelle, Louis CK, Sarah Silverman, and JK Rowling found support among the masses, and now we can add the great novelist Stephen King to that list.

I can’t read Stephen King’s books. Some years ago, before I found this forum, I tried to read his book but when I read just few pages, something made me so irritated and weird, so I threw away the book and never read again any of his book.
Anyway, I found Cs information about the lots authors Books are influenced by negative beings. So, the Stephen King’s books reflecting his activities in carnal/sexual thoughts through his books.
And I like “hiker post” and explains about King’s books.

Isaac Kappy has named Stephen King as a pedophile. At first I thought, no way. How could someone who is able to weave characters with such skill, and who seems to able to identify and feel empathy for the characters, be a pedophile?

Again, there is the other side of the coin.

-In the book "It", King describes an orgy between the main characters who are 11 years old.
-In some of his other books there are questionable parts when it comes to sex, e.g. rape scenes.
-Personally I have found it bothersome how he seems to downplay conspiracy theories and hail the "mainstream". For example, he repeatedly states that (zionist) conspiracies don't exist, Oswald killed JFK, 9/11 happened as the officials say, etc. Is it pure ignorance or is the behaviour intentional?
-On his twitter account he goes after Trump viciously, and of course King is a staunch Killary Clinton supporter.

Is he a pedophile? Nothing would surprise me at this point

December 31

Q: (L) What is the energy fueling Whitley Strieber and his work?

A: Grays.

Q: (L) He is an agent of the Grays?

A: No. Instrument of the Grays.

Q: (T) So, all his writing is compromised by the Grays?

A: Influenced by them.

Q: (T) Well, he says that, too. (L) Well, he now thinks he has learned how to be a companion of God through these experiences.

A: Wolfen reflects Lizzie reality.

Q: (L) Who's read the book, what's it about? (T) I saw the movie but I never read the book. I can't stand his Gothic style of writing. (L) I can't stand to read his stuff either. (T) I only got half-way through Communion and gave it up. (L) Well, let me ask, while we are on the subject of writing, is Anne Rice channeling her concepts in her vampire books?

A: She also is influenced by the Grays.

{I didn't like that answer because Anne is one of my favorite authors.)

Q: (T) What about Stephen King?

A: Carnal influences.

Q: (T) He's writing from his cojones, eh? [Laughter]

I can’t read Stephen King’s books. Some years ago, before I found this forum, I tried to read his book but when I read just few pages, something made me so irritated and weird, so I threw away the book and never read again any of his book.
Anyway, I found Cs information about the lots authors Books are influenced by negative beings. So, the Stephen King’s books reflecting his activities in carnal/sexual thoughts through his books.
And I like “hiker post” and explains about King’s books.
Oh, yes, I totally see your point, and agree, Stephen King has probably signed a Dirty, dark blood pact, to gain riches, fame, and who knows what else.
The dark side of who these people really are, comes through their writing.

They tend to be so boldly obvious, don't they?
It is as if they "think" that they can say and do anything, and we won't see it.

When paired with some of the better Researchers work out there, on Demonology and psychopaths, especially, I have learned to overcome a great amount of shocks and traumas that I experienced through different bad times in this life.

When I read stuff, in these books, that was worse than what happened to me, it gave me a different prospective...if that makes sense.
There is a dampening of emotion, that happens often after abuse, and I found that in reading scary, thought provoking stuff it enabled me to regain and feel deep empathy again.
Sure, that empathy was for characters in fictional Horror and Sci-Fi, but for me, it was cathartic and instrumental in healing and regaining my love for life, and compassion for others.

Some days ago I read what he said about Trump, really vulgar and insulting words, I was shocked. He is, Stephen King, an idiot. I like him as a writer but then when I see how he can say stupid things I ask myself about him. And about the subject if he is a pedophile: I don't know but, for example in his book "The Shining", we can say that all the story King is making suffering the little boy. And I remember he was criticised for that reason also. In "IT" the sexual scene with the little girl with his friends is a non-sense, there is no reason to put a scene like that in the story. Why did he do that? Maybe because he is mad. And a pervert. In all his novels kids are abused, women also. But specially kids. Also violence between kids.

Strange writer, really.

I agree with the previous sentiments. I rarely read or watch fiction these days, but as a teenager I was a huge Stephen King fan. I think the drive for reaearching “alternative” and “mysterious” accounts of life made me read his books from an early age. I think “It” was the first thick book in English I read as a 14 year old, but I didn’t of course catch the manipulation and perversion back then. During the following years I read everything that he has written, even completing the series “The Dark Tower” as an adult.

Knowing what I now know, or suspect about him, I feel sick of having been his “greatest fan”. Despite that The Dark Tower was one of my absolute favorites, and Matthew McConaughey being one of my favorite actors (not so sure about that anymore), I can’t make myself watch the recent film based on the book series.
The more you read and observe the whole entertainment business, the more you get the sense that they are ALL ‘Luciferians’ in one way or another, and this has been going on from the very beginning. As a musician I’m especially appalled by the obvious perversions and evil deeds of many prominent names in the music industry throughout the ages. For instance, Frank Sinatra was most likely a pervert and ‘in the club’ as was Sammy Davis Jr. who according to Eddie Murphy was an avid worshipper of Satan, trying to recruit others. It makes me sick to think that these guys with their honey smooth voices were probably rapists and even worse.

Back
Top Bottom