Strange creature captured in a video

yayan

The Force is Strong With This One
This animal was foun in Bornea Island recently. They capture it in a video. Some says that this is a Sun Bear which suffer from some kind of ailment, but I still think it's interesting to note here, given what the C's said about strange creatures falling from 4D bleedthrough.

The original news:
_http://www.theborneopost.com/2015/01/31/plantation-workers-freaked-out-by-sight-of-strange-creature/

The video:

https://youtu.be/OY5jQ99-Eks

Other news link:
_http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/02/01/sun-bear-viral-vid/
PETALING JAYA: A Sun Bear, which some have described as an "alien-like creature" in a viral video is very likely suffering from some kind of ailment, say conversationists.

A video of the bear, which has been circulating on social media and messaging apps, depict a hairless creature in an oil palm plantation struggling to get away from the people filming the video.

Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre chief executive officer and founder Wong Siew Te said that something was very wrong with the bear.

However, he added they could merely speculate what the animal was suffering from until it was captured for thorough examination and testing.

"The bear may have been poisoned by pesticides or herbicides, he said, explaining that it could have ingested the poison in a myriad of ways.

"They can also wind up sick due to a slow accumulation of toxic chemicals in their bodies. This is a chronic problem," said Wong.

"The other possibility is disease, where mite-like parasites could cause an animal to lose their hair. Alternatively, the third possibility is a yet-to-be-discovered disease," said Wong.


He called on the authorities to conduct a thorough investigation into the area the video was taken, adding that it was abnormal to see Sun Bears in oil palm estates in daylight.

Malaysian Nature Society Kuching chairman Anthony Sebastian also called on the authorities to find and examine the bear to see what exactly was causing its illness.

Sebastian dispelled comments that the bear was an abnormal animal or an alien as had been speculated online.

"It is clearly a Sun Bear. What confuses people is the lack of fur. It is not some strange alien that has fallen from the sky," said Sebastian.

Meanwhile, Malaysian Animal Welfare Society president Shenaaz Khan called for more funding and effort to be given to the conservation of Malaysia's wildlife, which includes the Bornean Sun Bear.

"More effort, focus and resources should be given to the conservation of our indigenous Malaysian wildlife such as sun bears. Here we have a sun bear that succumbed to illness, and this is just one case that we know of," said Shenaaz.

She added policies must be put in place to address issues faced by these animals to protect and conserve Malaysia's indigenous wildlife.

"You can't expect plantation workers to know how to deal with these animals. Policies have to be in place to protect and conserve our indigenous wildlife.

"The Sarawak Forestry Corporation needs to find and rescue this bear to investigate if it was poisoned or if it was injured. But first, we need to rescue the bear," said Shehnaaz.
More news:
_http://www.therakyatpost.com/news/2015/01/31/not-freak-nature-sun-bear/

About Sun Bear:
_http://www.pluspets.net/sun-bear-pet/
 

Attachments

The Mechanic

Jedi Council Member
Pretty creepy... Doesn't look like a bear though, I was thinking more of a sick dog.. Though that also doesn't really fit.
 

Tigersoap

The Living Force
It does look like a really sick dog though,poor thing... or something not really adapted to our planet :shock:
 

tschai

Jedi Master
The one view of the head is very bear like...the way it pulls itself along with it's "hands" is not canine characteristic. I would also opt for a very sick, poorly nourished bear-possibly a cub separated from it's mother? Agree, very sad... :(
 

Nienna

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
"The bear may have been poisoned by pesticides or herbicides, he said, explaining that it could have ingested the poison in a myriad of ways.

"They can also wind up sick due to a slow accumulation of toxic chemicals in their bodies. This is a chronic problem," said Wong.

"The other possibility is disease, where mite-like parasites could cause an animal to lose their hair. Alternatively, the third possibility is a yet-to-be-discovered disease," said Wong.
That's what it looks like to me. A very sick and undernourished bear. And poisoning could cause both.

Gads, that is so sad.
 

mabar

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Nienna said:
"The bear may have been poisoned by pesticides or herbicides, he said, explaining that it could have ingested the poison in a myriad of ways.

"They can also wind up sick due to a slow accumulation of toxic chemicals in their bodies. This is a chronic problem," said Wong.

"The other possibility is disease, where mite-like parasites could cause an animal to lose their hair. Alternatively, the third possibility is a yet-to-be-discovered disease," said Wong.
That's what it looks like to me. A very sick and undernourished bear. And poisoning could cause both.

Gads, that is so sad.
It is look liked Dolores sunbear at Leipzig zoo that went hairless: _http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1225042/Germanys-bald-bears-Fur-disease-afflicts-Dolores-baffles-vets.html
Fortunately, the video of the poor animal did not show its beating, because workers also beat it until it passed out.
 

Mr.Cyan

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Saw the video and news this morning too. To me too it could possibly be an undernourished or diseased Malayan Sun Bear bear - but its fore limbs and claws look very un-bear like...maybe im wrong

According to the posted article, sun bears are rarely found in daylight in palm-oil plantations in Malaysia.
 

Gawan

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
A dog came also to my mind and at least a very sick creature, whatever caused it. Poor creature indeed.
 

hesperides

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
That´s heartbreaking, there is no words to describe this poor animal.

It seems to me that besides any strength is obviously lacking, he may also be blind because of the way he walks directly into the water and immediately seeks to come out of it. It´s like his goal is running away from the people doing the video without having a clue about the obstacles standing before him. He must be really scared by these people in such an unbalanced physical condition!
 

trendsetter37

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
This is sad to watch. I lean more towards it being an emaciated sun bear or dog than anything hyperdimensional. Thinking about window fallers and such I don't remember any accounts where the foreign entity appeared malnourished just strange.

I could be wrong though with all of the weird things showing up these days.
 

maxgash

Jedi
Oh jeez. That's a very sick and dying bear.
It's footage of a bear dying and it's quite upsetting that the only thing this person could think to do was keep recording it as it struggled.
... And even if it isn't a bear, even if it is some 4D windowfaller, anyone with a heart and a mind can see that it's suffering badly.
If I came across moth man struggling like this, my mind would be blown but my heart would be breaking too. :cry:
Ouch.
 

Nielow

The Force is Strong With This One
mabar said:
Nienna said:
"The bear may have been poisoned by pesticides or herbicides, he said, explaining that it could have ingested the poison in a myriad of ways.

"They can also wind up sick due to a slow accumulation of toxic chemicals in their bodies. This is a chronic problem," said Wong.

"The other possibility is disease, where mite-like parasites could cause an animal to lose their hair. Alternatively, the third possibility is a yet-to-be-discovered disease," said Wong.
That's what it looks like to me. A very sick and undernourished bear. And poisoning could cause both.

Gads, that is so sad.
It is look liked Dolores sunbear at Leipzig zoo that went hairless: _http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1225042/Germanys-bald-bears-Fur-disease-afflicts-Dolores-baffles-vets.html
Fortunately, the video of the poor animal did not show its beating, because workers also beat it until it passed out.
Hello mabar. I thought Dolores was beaten before she was adopted by the Leipzig zoo, please tell me she was not mistreated again by the zoo workers!
 

mabar

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Nielow said:
Hello mabar. I thought Dolores was beaten before she was adopted by the Leipzig zoo, please tell me she was not mistreated again by the zoo workers!
No, it was the possible bear from the video that was beaten by plantation workers, not Dolores bear at the zoo.
 

etezete

Jedi Master
Nielow said:
mabar said:
Nienna said:
"The bear may have been poisoned by pesticides or herbicides, he said, explaining that it could have ingested the poison in a myriad of ways.

"They can also wind up sick due to a slow accumulation of toxic chemicals in their bodies. This is a chronic problem," said Wong.

"The other possibility is disease, where mite-like parasites could cause an animal to lose their hair. Alternatively, the third possibility is a yet-to-be-discovered disease," said Wong.
That's what it looks like to me. A very sick and undernourished bear. And poisoning could cause both.

Gads, that is so sad.
It is look liked Dolores sunbear at Leipzig zoo that went hairless: _http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1225042/Germanys-bald-bears-Fur-disease-afflicts-Dolores-baffles-vets.html
Fortunately, the video of the poor animal did not show its beating, because workers also beat it until it passed out.
Hello mabar. I thought Dolores was beaten before she was adopted by the Leipzig zoo, please tell me she was not mistreated again by the zoo workers!
hmm, poor creature. It resembles the sun bear at leipzig zoo a lot, although by first seeing it i also thought of a tailless dog. Hair loss might be a case of mites, esp. harvest mites, which is dangerous for dogs and bears alike. an infestation can lead to death. I know this because I own a dog who had harvest mites as a very young puppy, lost all his fur and almost died.
 
Top Bottom