Supporting FOTCM with your spare change

Meg

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hey all,

I ran across some info on Coinstar’s website and thought it might be an option for folks to support FOTCM with their spare change.

Coinstar has a huge network of machines in grocery stores that count your coins. The machine is something similar to what you’d see at bank. You can get cash for a 10% fee, donate it to an approved charity with no fee or purchase a gift certificate, also with no fee. Amazon is one of the approved e-gift providers. A list of gift card providers can be found below.

https://www.coinstar.com/giftcards

So, you can take your loose change to a Coinstar near you and get a printed gift card that can be mailed to FOTCM, or the gift card number emailed, and the funds could be used by the Fellowship. $5-1,000 is the min/max for an Amazon gift card.

FOTCM's address:

FOTCM
295 Scratch Branch Road
Otto, NC 28763

Email: info@paleochristianity.org

Coinstar has an international presence too. A list of countries that offer a money transfer (with a fee) is below. I wasn't able to find a gift card option while looking around the site. They say they are cheaper than Western Union.

https://finservice.in/cmt

Thanks for the tip, Menrva. I've seen those in grocery stores but didn't know you could donate. Thanks!

Hi Menrva, I'm guessing this option is available for US residents only?

Ant22 said:
Hi Menrva, I'm guessing this option is available for US residents only?

As far as I could find, yes. I checked the UK and Canada and couldn't find a gift card option. It looks like they just offer the same send cash service that Western Union does.

Just to note: Not every kiosk may offer Amazon cards. If you select Amazon from the gift-card link above and put your city in, it should give a list of kiosks that offer that particular type of gift-card.

That is is a good idea, Menrva.

Not sure if this is to forward, yet what about outside FOTCM also? Perhaps in the donation notice on the Forum and possibly on SoTT along these lines too? If viable as a small fund raising process, the Guy Fawkes 'A Penny for the guy' type of headline to inform and help people should they have and choose to donate spare change at these kiosk venues would be possible i.e. every penny helps.

I think it's a very creative idea. I didn't know something like that exists.

Back
Top Bottom